SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup that white over black one is certainly mine as Josh and Adam have stated!! Certainly an old shot though, that was taken the weekend before i crashed the thing :) march last year!! Looks a little different to that now!

ON a side note, i rang Nissan today about getting some panels for the money pit...Let me say that i nearly fell over in shock!! $600 PER headlight, $550 PER guard and thats about where i told him to stop!! YIKES!! Thought it might be a bit of an option instead of waiting but for that money im waiting!! Im so hanging to drive this thing its not funny anymore :/

Dude, buy a MR30 for like $500, take the front panels off that.  Drive it with the earlier front for a while until you get the Tekamon panels.

I thought about doing that, but as im lazy as and really can't be bothered putting the MR30 panels on to get the tekamen one's all to swap them back again...I've waited 15 months i may as well wait a bit longer to drive it...Longer it sits in the driveway more mods get done to it teehee :cheers:

I thought about doing that, but as im lazy as and really can't be bothered putting the MR30 panels on to get the tekamen one's all to swap them back again...I've waited 15 months i may as well wait a bit longer to drive it...Longer it sits in the driveway more mods get done to it teehee :)

15 MONTHS, what your cars been off the road for 15 months thats painfull... :ghost:

stupid question time... What is this for? is it body strength or to make the car more ridgid?? it would bolt on around the end of the doors in the 2door versions!

stupid question time... What is this for?  is it body strength or to make the car more ridgid?? it would bolt on around the end of the doors in the 2door versions!

It is for torsional rigidity, same deal as a strut tower brace.

15 MONTHS, what your cars been off the road for 15 months thats painfull... :ghost:

march last year it came off the road so 13 months?? Close enough to 14 months now!!! :D:(

If u want more pics check out www.pbase.com/stnzaboy i just uploaded some onto there, but i've got a shite load more to go so yeah check it and i'll let ya know when i upload more!! :headspin:

hmm well worse luck for me today, ive been to 2 of the best paint colour matching places in town and because the colour is not a factory colour they have little/no hope of matching it, due to the fact that in the clear coat there is a rainbow gold fleck which they don't seem to have one as fine, i haven't been in contact with the guy i bought the car off for a year and he sprayed and mixed the paint himself. i really don't want to have to respray the whole car!

sorry to hijake the thread a bit but...

would a 39-40 offset be acceptable on a 30? rim size is 16" and do 30's have a 4/114.3 stud pattern??

and anyone got any idea of a price of sending mags from melbourne to adelaide or a website with pricing info?

Mike,

Offset should be fine. I have 16 x 8 & 16 x 7 offset +38 on my PNV and the rears, 16 x 8 are perfect, just sit under the guard nicely, will roll the edges to be sure, but sit just nice. And 4 x 114.3 is correct (old 4.5 inches) Standard offset was +25 on 15 x 6 rims.

Freight? get in touch with McPhee's and you probably get out of it for $30/40.00.

I recently had a set of wheels sent Albury to Sydney by McPhee's for $35.00.

stupid question time... What is this for?  is it body strength or to make the car more ridgid?? it would bolt on around the end of the doors in the 2door versions!

V8SkylineMan is correct, but it assists the rear strut tower brace, doing more like a half cage would do.

Talk to Whiteline and they will tell you both rear tower brace and floor braces aren't necessary, but Jenesis makes, sells & uses them, so! someone aint up to speed. I know what I'm doing with mine.

If you peel back the carpet, the holes are there waiting for you in the coupe, in my PNV they are.

Mike,

Offset should be fine. I have 16 x 8 & 16 x 7 offset +38 on my PNV and the rears, 16 x 8 are perfect, just sit under the guard nicely, will roll the edges to be sure, but sit just nice. And 4 x 114.3 is correct (old 4.5 inches) Standard offset was +25 on 15 x 6 rims.

Freight?  get in touch with McPhee's and you probably get out of it for $30/40.00.

I recently had a set of wheels sent Albury to Sydney by McPhee's for $35.00.

sweet. im loking at some 16 x 8 now for the rear. doesnt list the offset but i found a handy chart (http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html) and with some estimating looks as though the offset will be fine on those too.

got the car painted today! r33 silver. looks pretty damn classy. nothing too overstated but good enough to bring the shape alive. will post some pics once the bumpers, mouldings, windows etc are back in (tomorrow night).

oh yeah, whats the address for jenesis?

Hi Guys,

My Paul Newman Version VIN is 200170. I am guessing it stands for 2 door & build number 170.

But to clarify, would the members with Paul Newman's let me know what their VIN is and how it corresponds to the compliance plates. Build date, 2 or 4 doors, chassis number etc.

Mine is a bit shonky, it has NO COMPLIANCE PLATES & brake hoses date stamped 07/84 but is supposed to be, according to the import papers, an 82 model.

The instant ageing might have something to do with the 15 year rule, as it was imported in 1997, YOU THINK?????

sweet. im loking at some 16 x 8 now for the rear. doesnt list the offset but i found a handy chart (http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html) and with some estimating looks as though the offset will be fine on those too.

got the car painted today! r33 silver. looks pretty damn classy. nothing too overstated but good enough to bring the shape alive. will post some pics once the bumpers, mouldings, windows etc are back in (tomorrow night).

oh yeah, whats the address for jenesis?

Jenesis is www.r30.co.jp but when you access it put it through Alta Vista translation or similar so you can sort of understand what there saying in descriptions.

BUT! don't get to excited, they won't trade with you DIRECT, it's a good site to explore, and a lot of their parts can be made here just from the pictures. It is a good referrence site as well, to see what they do with them in Japan.

If your interested in getting some bits from them, it might be a good idea to put it to open forum discussion and we try and jointly get an order together and then get in touch with a parts importer, like Nengun, one of SAU sponsors.

Only one problem I can see with your car...... far too many doors!

meh. i like it. has irs. has rb20det. has new paint. has new(ish) interior. is an r30..... im happy

and where do you get a screamer dump pipe for an rb20 at a reasonable price?

I got a stock one, but otherwise get it made.

Your sedan got rear discs with it's IRS???

All hatch's have rear discs and they're interchangeable with sedan. Just attach at cross member, but if you do this you will need the handbrake cables as they are different to the drum ones.