SAU Community

Rarity Of R34 M-spec Nur

the M spec Nur's will demand a price premium over standard R34 GTRs, plus theyre very very rare as they were built towards the end of the R34 production.

only R34 rarer i can think of is the Z Tune version with 20 of them made

the M spec Nur's will demand a price premium over standard R34 GTRs, plus theyre very very rare as they were built towards the end of the R34 production.

only R34 rarer i can think of is the Z Tune version with 20 of them made

And N1?

The Nurs were approximately split 750 for V-Spec II, 250 for M Spec, so they're pretty rare and unlikely to come down in price that much if they're low kms and good condition.

Even the normal M-Specs are pretty thin on the ground, I think I estimated with someone else on here 350 or so built. It's in another thread in this section.

V Spec N1 had 45 built, with 33 of those being "road use" spec, the rest going straight to competitors for track use.

Z-Tune had 25 built, although a few more have apparently been retro-built (without the official Z-tune designation) at the Omori factory since the original run.

The rarest of all is the V-Spec II N1, of which 18 were built, and three of these actually reside in Australia.

I'm working totally off the top of my head here, so apologies if I've got my figures wrong.

The Nurs were approximately split 750 for V-Spec II, 250 for M Spec, so they're pretty rare and unlikely to come down in price that much if they're low kms and good condition.

Even the normal M-Specs are pretty thin on the ground, I think I estimated with someone else on here 350 or so built. It's in another thread in this section.

V Spec N1 had 45 built, with 33 of those being "road use" spec, the rest going straight to competitors for track use.

Z-Tune had 25 built, although a few more have apparently been retro-built (without the official Z-tune designation) at the Omori factory since the original run.

The rarest of all is the V-Spec II N1, of which 18 were built, and three of these actually reside in Australia.

I'm working totally off the top of my head here, so apologies if I've got my figures wrong.

i thought Z-tunes are the rarest of the bunch as well as being the ULTIMATE street GT-R

forgot about the N1 models lol. dont know much about them though.

im sure there were 20 Z Tunes built, but nismo kept one of them for its garage. dunno about more being built after the first run of 20 z tunes.

maybe the NSW owner can help us??? :(

How is your N1 'K'?

If it were mine, I'd have it chained to the floor at bedtime...

Or parked next to the Fat Boy in the lounge room.

Back to the term 'Classic',

a BMW M3 will not be a classic in the term 'Classic'; but an M3 CSL can be!

Both the CSL and N1 were lightened up for Racing.

So logic says haha that if you remove A/C, rear window wiper, sound system and insert forged pistons yadayada you can charge more $ hehe. But it's a whole lot more than what appears on the surface.

Summing up...

A M3 CSL to an M3 is similar to an N1 (or a Z-Tune) to a Nur IMHO

V spec II N1 specs & pics anyone????

N1 = Blueprinted Race Specification Engine.

N1 Block (N1 Block is identified by the number 24U stamped on it as opposed to 05U)

N1 Twin Turbos (Metal Ball Bearing, from factory 1.1 Bar boost = 15.9 Psi)

N1 Reinforced Cylinder Block

N1 Pistons

N1 Piston Rings

N1 Con-rods

N1 Oil Pump

N1 Water Pump

N1 Exhaust Manifold.

No ABS, A/C, Radio/Cd, rear wiper, carpets and a factory standard Carbon Fibre bonnet was installed to reduce weight.

V-Spec II Nur's and M-Spec Nur's are based on the V-Spec II N1's but WITH ABS, A/C, Radio/Cd, rear wiper, carpets and a factory standard Carbon Fibre bonnet.

Pics ask Iron Chef, he's got one... Damnit I want! LOL! :wacko:

I believe the N1 Engines are hand built so they are very refined / well balanced engines.

get the V-spec II nur instead, easier to get a hold of one as there are more around and worth more in the long run anyway, mainly because it is the 'proper' GTR and not some GT cruiser version which the M-spec is supposed to be (i.e. a little softer).

I believe I saw an M-spec Nur at auto salon or something last time here in Perth, nice looking car :wacko:

Just being curious - what's the chances of finding a decent r34 m-spec nur? With the 34's getting down towards $40,000 now, it's really starting to seem affordable to get this fairly rare beast. What sort of price would be likely?

I would've thought mint condition Nur's would only increase in price. As they're so rare and becoming somewhat of a classic.

I would've thought mint condition Nur's would only increase in price. As they're so rare and becoming somewhat of a classic.

All depends on the timeframe. At this time, they are definitely "undervalued", primarily due to several factors like the economy and the arrival of the R35. Once you give it time, (it could be 5, 10, 15 or 20 or more years), I have absolutely no doubt it would appreciate in value.

Unfortunately this cant be said for "normal" R34 GT-R's such as your V-Spec, V-Spec II and vanilla specs purely for the fact that thousands were produced.

get the V-spec II nur instead, easier to get a hold of one as there are more around and worth more in the long run anyway, mainly because it is the 'proper' GTR and not some GT cruiser version which the M-spec is supposed to be (i.e. a little softer).

I believe I saw an M-spec Nur at auto salon or something last time here in Perth, nice looking car :)

I totally disagree with that.

I dont understand what you mean by "proper" GT-R. Bother are almost identical cars except for a carbon bonnet with V Spec II and a full leather interior and softer struts with the M Specs. I know what i'd prefer and thats sitting on some nice leather seats. The leather they used is not some cheap ass B grade leather as well. It's very soft and high quality.