SAU Community

Std Exh Manifold. Is It Worth Changing?

Depends on how long the piece of string is.

The stock mani on the rb25det is good for around 300rwkw.

Changing it should give you a few more kw/torque/response. It will increase the under the bonnet temps tho, unless you properly heat wrap them.

Dont go for those cheap chinese mani's. Cheap grade stainless steel and welds can be shocking quality.

definently keep the cast one on, i made the mistake of the "cheap Manifold", it came from the states so i thought it would be ok. It must have came from china before it went to america.

now i'm putting the standard one back on cos the stainless has cracks all thru it.

Not cool.

Yea same as Jet20 wit me, got a bodgy one from Just Jap that i later found out when it shat itself that they'd been recalled, good lads though they credited me with the amount to spend on other stuff in store.

Will never put a cheap one on my car again. Would only get Jap brand or 6 boost manifold now.

i too got a cheap one, but it was an ebay bargain so i wasnt too worried.. but i could never get it to sit flush as it kept warping.. i machined the face a few times until it got too thin to machine anymore..

i did notice that it was smoother through the rev range, and the note changed a little... but unless i win the lotto, ill be sticking with the standard one. ill be removing mine soon to do the studs and gaskets... will give it a lick of heat paint and possibly wrap it.