SAU Community

New Intake On The V35

just wonder has anyone took out this part like me??

what does it do normally tho?? i can only see few dry leafs and thats all.

Yeah helps keep engine nosie down.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah helps keep engine nosie down.

Isnt that "bad"~? :)

but that "resonator" is so bloody hard to take it off....maybe I dont have the correct tool, or just the angel to unscrew it from the top is just bit weird for my arm. took almost 1hr to get it sit in the storage box

Not necessarily if you're keeping the stock box setup (which is quite good).

The stock box's airflow characteristics may rely on having the resonator there. The blocking/removal of it may cause unwanted turbulence etc.

I'm not 100% on this but personally i thought i felt a decrease in response when i blocked mine off. YMMV.

Not necessarily if you're keeping the stock box setup (which is quite good).

The stock box's airflow characteristics may rely on having the resonator there. The blocking/removal of it may cause unwanted turbulence etc.

I'm not 100% on this but personally i thought i felt a decrease in response when i blocked mine off. YMMV.

Yeah the sound you get when you take it off or have straight intake is the turbulence through the intake.

It then sounds "tough" :) but it slightly slows air intake and thats why we have them.

But if you have straight intake and high flow filters the gains out weigh the small losses you get from taking out the resonators.

Yeah the sound you get when you take it off or have straight intake is the turbulence through the intake.

It then sounds "tough" :blink: but it slightly slows air intake and thats why we have them.

But if you have straight intake and high flow filters the gains out weigh the small losses you get from taking out the resonators.

I'm all for sounding "tuff" but why not have both if you're running panel filter, i.e. high flow panel and better airflow characteristics..unless you damn it all to hell with a pod etc haha.

I've got a high flow filter and z tube in mine with stock box and personally, i love hearing the engine whine etc more than induction noise hehe. To each their own! :action-smiley-069:

fox i may be interested man. pm on my msn lol..im there its just always appear offline. hehe

I've just got replied from the guy who Blistc bought from, he doesnt hav discounts price for GB~

"This particular item is actually something that we import. Due to this, we are unable to offer a group buy discount on it. We also do not keep very many in stock."

and this is how much he wants,

"The total for the part and shipping will be $151.15. This total does not include any taxes, duties, or other fees that may apply. The price is also listed in USD."

I might ask EVO-R for the GB price, thanks

Edited by FoxV35

• 1 month later...

post-55745-1247814097.jpg Just installed a Nismo Cold Air Intake Kit! for 2003-06 350Z (cost US$288.95 + shipping US$87.10)

post-55745-1247814708_thumb.jpg filter located at the front fender

post-55745-1247814786_thumb.jpg filter shown w/ tire and fender liner removed

post-55745-1247814609_thumb.jpg flexi rubber was re-used co'z silicon coupler wont fit in MAF sensor housing

post-55745-1247814560_thumb.jpg shown with bypass valve

post-55745-1247814512_thumb.jpg replaced by 350Z inlet hose, co'z v35 inlet hose is located on top of the intake (cost AU$43)

post-55745-1247814450_thumb.jpg almost done

post-55745-1247815716_thumb.jpg done (out of pocket total AU$521.57)

does it worth it??? DUNNO!

Edwin,

Do you like the intake?

I purchased the same one on ebay. Several weeks later it still didnt turn up so i asked whats going on and it turns out that they ran out of stock, but never told me....

I got the Fujita instead. Much cheaper and uglier than the nismo, but it was available and came with a free energy drink, ha ha.

Installed it today and im quite pleased with the intake noise, sounds better than expected. I will post pics tomorrow.

Edwin,

Do you like the intake?

I purchased the same one on ebay. Several weeks later it still didnt turn up so i asked whats going on and it turns out that they ran out of stock, but never told me....

I got the Fujita instead. Much cheaper and uglier than the nismo, but it was available and came with a free energy drink, ha ha.

Installed it today and im quite pleased with the intake noise, sounds better than expected. I will post pics tomorrow.

just did a test drive...

happy with the sounds and a bit of power... looks better too!

... and yeah it does worth my hard earned $$$

got mine from performancenissanparts (eBay US), took them almost 3 weeeks, i think run out of stock too but delivery is about 4days.

May I ask why didn't you guys go with the JWT?

I was thinkin' btw the Nismo ( High price = high quality = branding for me! But I know it's actually AEM.... ) and the JWT.

I have a slight preference towards buying the JWT because of the excellent feedback of the engine noise is makes...

With the Nismo and Fujita, how would you all rate the engine noise?

PS I have never heard any of the above 3 intakes in person so am basing my purchase on the feedback of others.

I dont think there is anything special about the JWT.

I really wanted the nismo, but the fujita was next choice as i like how the intake tube is metal (aliminium?) and looks almost factory as its painted similar to the plastic engine cover. Note i removed the fujita sticker.

Pics:

post-48748-1247888170_thumb.jpg

post-48748-1247888192_thumb.jpg

p.s. yes the intake noise is awesome. i dont think it will be too different to any other intake with an open filter.

May I ask why didn't you guys go with the JWT?

I was thinkin' btw the Nismo ( High price = high quality = branding for me! But I know it's actually AEM.... ) and the JWT.

I have a slight preference towards buying the JWT because of the excellent feedback of the engine noise is makes...

With the Nismo and Fujita, how would you all rate the engine noise?

PS I have never heard any of the above 3 intakes in person so am basing my purchase on the feedback of others.

Well this is mine :(