Bec

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey matty,

appreciate the offer. im thinking the best spot to meet up will be as you go through tooradin (so neither of us has to back track).

the next thing really is what time will be best. your thoughts?

i tried to send you a PM but it said your ibox was full...

cheers. :ermm:

it was fantasctic Adz.

my first time there. really happy with my 1.58, considering im on standard road tyres with standard brakes. :)

does anyone know how that guy with the yellow rex is? that was a nasty accident! :devil:

i hope everything works out ok for Matt, mate, i really fealt sorry for you. :)

how did everyone else go with there cars, anything to report?

any pics/footage?

cheers,

matty.

i had a shitty day.. was running late so missed the practice session. then first sprint session out the car was running nice, had too much pressure in the tyres i checked after that session.. 44psi hot. So dropped the pressures to 36psi for the next session but i didnt get past turn 2, one of my oil cooler hoses was hanging low to the ground and scraped causing it to puncture and dump oil under my tyres at 130kph+ Big sideways lock up which seemed to last forever i was thinking F*ck! im flat-spotting brand new semi slicks. i didnt realise at the time it was oil from my own car that caused my spin (explains why the car just snapped into a massive sideways lock) and was still leaking.. so i continued around the track dropping oil. then noticed my defi oil pressure warning light and limped back to the pits. i wasn't happy.. but i also apologise to everyone else who was hampered by the oil in following sessions... there were a couple of incidents where cars came off. it's only the 2nd time i've driven the r34 at PI.. Last time i was at PI was almost 2 years ago and I did 1:54... only got 4 laps that day. Same result this time, only 4 hot laps although I was more consistent in times. Very disappointed as conditions were perfect for quick times ;) Hopefully will have the car ready for sandown.. I have unfinished business at sandown AND philip island :(

the yellow rex had a large off at turn 9 (the hay shed) i think. the car is a wreck and i heard the driver was taken to monash hospital with suspected cracked ribs. but besides that im not too sure on the details.

its never good to see these things hapen :(

oh and another thing with the ones that only have times in practice was there were a few people that got done for noise levels. EPA was very strict...

I had a great day for the short time I had on the track. I've been trying for 47's for nearly 10 months so getting there was a massive thing for me :( . The car could do a 45 with the right driver I'm sure of it.

I skipped the third session because it was wet, and to be honest I had no idea how I was going to get any faster after the 47.6 in the first session after practice. Now I have had a look at my data, I know where some more time is so looking forward to the next event.

The forth session came and the combination of a couple of huge off's and the oil on the track (comiserations Matt) and I decided that I'd pack up and come back for the PIARC event and try again.

For the data geeks, my sessions are attached, compared to my last PB of 1.48.03

post-21259-1238909313_thumb.jpg

Sounds eventfull.

Good work Shepo!

Matty I hope there was no internal damage. Come to Sandown on the 25th. Hopefully my red thing will be running by then and we can represent RB rwd's.

Come to Sandown on the 25th. Hopefully my red thing will be running by then and we can represent RB rwd's.

Yeah! Sub 20s! I'm shooting for a sub 25 this year. Not in the same ball park as you guys but an achievable goal for my car this year.

How did you go Tim? Were you running street tyres? I thought with your power and ability you'd be quicker than 2min?

Sounds eventfull.

Good work Shepo!

Matty I hope there was no internal damage. Come to Sandown on the 25th. Hopefully my red thing will be running by then and we can represent RB rwd's.

Thanks Adam... would love to make it to Sandown, i'll find out in the next few days if any engine/bearing damage.

shit day for us. Mick and I got through our practice session and then game over. Another wheel bearing shat itself.

car has some pace now, managed to match my old pb on my second lap with a passenger. lots left in it.

bad luck to the two who binned their cars.. unfortunately thats motorsport.

i just want to ad, phillip island is a truely magic circuit! as i said before it was my first time there and the first few laps really took my breath away. the turns just flow from one to another, and the speed which you can carry out of the final turn onto the straight is simply mind blowing!

i would love to get back there sometime in the near future!

Fark, so all the rwd crew had tough days? Sorry to read. Oh well, the tracks arent going anywhere and there is always next time. I should be making a return around late June/July and catn wait to get back out there any play with a bunch of rwd cars

Wish Sandown was a week later as i will be back in Melb at the start of next month for a few days R&R, but i dont think the car will be all back together until June by the time the body, paint, engine and suspension is all back together

What was with Scotsman's times? Hope no dramas there...and also cool to see Firman in the 180B beating WRXs :wacko:

had a pretty average day myself :)

completed all of one timed lap for the day (practice session), which was spent in traffic anyway. had a decent spin at southern loop on my second lap, had to come back in to clean out all the kitty litter.

Didn't go out for the 2nd session as it was wet by then, and by the time my group even had a chance for a 3rd session it was mid afternoon, two cars were off and track conditions were sketchy. decided to cut my losses and pack it up.

But now for the silver lining. For the time i was on track, the car felt unreal :wacko: so i'm itching to get out there again for a few more laps!

Bris - I had a good day!

I was just doing a shake-down and it turned out to be a litteral one as my square tyres meant the car wanted to shake to peices over 200km/hr. lol

But as a consequence I was seriously just cruising around (the track was either damp or covered in oil so pushing it was just asking for trouble I thought), I had the boost turned down to 0.98Bar and I was short shifting at 7,500rpm and despite that I was still running flat 1.50's.

Just to annoy you Bris - here's the footage on how easy it is to run a 1.50.1 in a GT-R :wacko:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Snowmann/videos/2/

As for Scotsman he was fine. Practise session he had green tyres so were a bit slippery. He also got busted for noise so the following session he was shifting at 5,000rpm (hence the times). The final session we did we seriously drove hard but the oil everywhere meant we were waaayyyyy off the pace. Was funny to try and drive around the oil though as you could easily see it but it was impossible to avoid and you'd just slide a mile when you hit it.

speaking of the noise... that is a flawed system. if tim can get away with gate and scotsman gets pinged with la di da benno special super silent exhaust then somebody is smoking too much crack.

we stay less than 2k from the track and there is no way we would be able to hear the gtr more than tims or brisbys car.