SAU Community

Inner West Crew Whoretown (toowong/st Lucia/kenmore/indooroopilly And Sometimes Sunnybank?)

funkymonkey

Western Digital 500G SATAII HDD 32M Green Power $43

Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 SATA II 7200RPM 32M $47

Seagate SATA III 500GB 16m Cache $40

Hitachi 1TB SATA 7200RPM 32M $46

I will take 2 of which ones you think are the best, and Ill take more if we are struggling for numbers, thanks man :thumbsup:

PM me, will be too hard to keep track of if everyone posts in this thread.

Also note the stock levels, there is no stock left of the samsungs (which is a b*tch, I wanted them too).

My recommendation on the remainder would be the Western Digital. I don't trust Seagate, and have no experience with Hitachi.

EDIT: Actually, I'm tempted to give hitachi a crack at that price. Twice the storage for the same price...

PM me, will be too hard to keep track of if everyone posts in this thread.

Also note the stock levels, there is no stock left of the samsungs (which is a b*tch, I wanted them too).

My recommendation on the remainder would be the Western Digital. I don't trust Seagate, and have no experience with Hitachi.

EDIT: Actually, I'm tempted to give hitachi a crack at that price. Twice the storage for the same price...

I have 4 of the Seagate 7200RPM S2 drives (2 at work and 2 at home) I get 150mb/sec drive to drive transfer and have been running them non stop for over a year. Very good drive and fastest transfer rate on a 7200 I have ever seen. Seagate have awesome warranty from what I have been told also.

Western Digital used to be good from what I have been told but haven't made a decent drive since the original Caviar

I have 4 of the Seagate 7200RPM S2 drives (2 at work and 2 at home) I get 150mb/sec drive to drive transfer and have been running them non stop for over a year. Very good drive and fastest transfer rate on a 7200 I have ever seen. Seagate have awesome warranty from what I have been told also.

Western Digital used to be good from what I have been told but haven't made a decent drive since the original Caviar

Hmmm...

I know seagate used to be good, but then I got a couple of dodgy drives from them just after they bought out maxtor. Perhaps they've since fixed up the quality control at maxtor's old facilities. Might be worth giving them another shot.

Maxtors used to have about a 90% failure rate for me...

W.D. I have never had an issue with, but then again, I haven't bought any WDs since samsung started making drives.

I haven't had an issue with a samsung yet either (touch wood).

I have probably used a hitachi drive or two in the past, but not enough for them to have left me with an opinion either way.

@Dan, PMs received :D

@Nee-san. Dan wants 5, If you want 2 I can probably splurge on 3... so we should have enough.

I'll give it the rest of today for anyone else to jump on the bandwagon if they want. I'll need coin by Thursday or so... bank transfer or cash at the AGM would work

@Dan, PMs received :D

@Nee-san. Dan wants 5, If you want 2 I can probably splurge on 3... so we should have enough.

I'll give it the rest of today for anyone else to jump on the bandwagon if they want. I'll need coin by Thursday or so... bank transfer or cash at the AGM would work

does that mean I can change my order?

frickin dipshit here pulled out on two drives.

I am looking at that server edition Hitachi. mmmm 64MB cache!!

does that mean I can change my order?

frickin dipshit here pulled out on two drives.

I am looking at that server edition Hitachi. mmmm 64MB cache!!

You can indeed change your order. But if you want less, we may not end up with enough to go ahead. No big deal, though, definitelty don't order them if you don't want them.

Which Hitachi you looking at? I can't see any on the list with 64MB cache...

I'd be keen for a few drives. I want to build a NAS to replace my external drive, probably going for a 4 drive RAID configuration. I'll look over the list again tonight and send a PM with what I want.

Seagate went through a bad batch early last year but I've not heard anything bad about them in the last 6-9 months. Warranty was average though, mate of mine who tried to return one was told to download a error detecting utility to detect a fault, that couldn't do so because it couldn't read the drive. Due to the fact it was dead.

My fuel guage has stopped working :(

You'll never have to fill up with fuel again now! unless its stopped on empty...

Edited by sneakey pete

Kia Rio in the Gully at Aspley Hungry Jacks.

8 youths at Harvey Norman looked like they knew something about it*. I told this to the Police who were there investigating the gully car who were far too interested in the Skyline for my liking on a rainy night.

*They may have actually been innocent. But they were hard parking P platers who looked like they could use a good cop scare.

Kia Rio in the Gully at Aspley Hungry Jacks.

8 youths at Harvey Norman looked like they knew something about it*. I told this to the Police who were there investigating the gully car who were far too interested in the Skyline for my liking on a rainy night.

*They may have actually been innocent. But they were hard parking P platers who looked like they could use a good cop scare.

Say whut :unsure: