SAU Community

R35 Service Costs

dazmo

There are certainly other options out there, but not many.

For the MY11+ GTR with the 390mm front rotors you only really have Alcon and AP rotors as a direct rotor replacement, though these still require new hats.

The 390mm fronts are better than the 380s on the MY09-10, but still prone to cracking, like this after a couple of days on track:

post-77793-0-74361000-1341538172_thumb.jpg

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ same as the r32 rotors - crack across the cross drill section.

i noticed that the alcon & ap rotors are slotted for the r35, so why have nissan cross drilled rotors from factory? you wonder if this was a marketing ploy for replacement purposes / ongoing business (similar to that of the iphone with glass screen which does not bounce well)

I wouldn't worry about forking out $$$$$$ for rotors. When mine are done and dusted, I'll be going with DBA 5000's.

Guys on NAGTROC have said nothing but positives, I've used DBA's on my Subaru STi's for track and daily work with no issues what so ever.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?/topic/66648-dba-5000-series-rotor-ring-set/

I wouldn't worry about forking out $$$$$$ for rotors. When mine are done and dusted, I'll be going with DBA 5000's.

Guys on NAGTROC have said nothing but positives, I've used DBA's on my Subaru STi's for track and daily work with no issues what so ever.

http://www.nagtroc.o...rotor-ring-set/

DBA's are great & I use them as well. $325 per rotor makes it almost 90% cheaper than the oem's :)

Australia have developed A LOT of good upgrade parts for the legacy GTR's & seems to be the same trend for the R35

I don't know why they are drilled, the holes fill up with brake dust after a few track sessions anyway.

I asked DBA about 390mm rotors a few months ago, they were waiting for an OEM sample to work with...So doesn't sound like they will be available anytime soon, but I will certainly get them when I can.

I don't know why they are drilled, the holes fill up with brake dust after a few track sessions anyway.

I asked DBA about 390mm rotors a few months ago, they were waiting for an OEM sample to work with...So doesn't sound like they will be available anytime soon, but I will certainly get them when I can.

Don't ask the Aus DBA boys, you gotta go DBAusa.com to get the good stuff. They make them already, this is direct from their USA website.. Mind you these fit up to Feb 2011 build cars.. Anything after nada!

Front Rotor

DBA 52320BLKS DBA 2 req

DBA 52320GLDXS DBA 2 req

DBA 52322.1S DBA 2 req

Replacement ring to suit OE hat DBA52322.1XS DBA 2 req

Replacement ring to suit OE hat

Rear Rotor

DBA 52321BLKS DBA 2 req

DBA 52321GLDXS DBA 2 req

DBA 52323.1S DBA 2 req

Replacement ring to suit OE hat DBA 52323.1XS DBA 2 req

Replacement ring to suit OE hat

Edited by Wardski

why wouldn't you go with the AP's? i've used quite a few sets with nil issues. Not trying to cause a shytestorm but nearly every DBA i've used (admit on other cars) have warped pretty quickly. Might be the way it's bedded in (my fault perhaps) but from my perspective the DBA's are more fragile in that sense. I wouldn't buy them, at least not for track. For the street, sure.

why wouldn't you go with the AP's? i've used quite a few sets with nil issues. Not trying to cause a shytestorm but nearly every DBA i've used (admit on other cars) have warped pretty quickly. Might be the way it's bedded in (my fault perhaps) but from my perspective the DBA's are more fragile in that sense. I wouldn't buy them, at least not for track. For the street, sure.

DBA rotors can be hit n miss, but this was more like 5 years ago. I've had about 5 sets on the STi, and not one have had any issues - other than wearing down too fast - but that was probably more my fault than anything else :whistling:

• 1 month later...