SAU Community

Tickingsound On The Intake Side

when i had a pieceofshit CA18DET pieceofshit it made that noise when i had some other sensor plugged into the last injector (im colourblind)

is it running on all cylinders?

are those injectors 2nd hand?

I have a wolf data squirt, so the boost controller is built in the squirt, dont know of any solenoid.

The injectors are fine.

As you can hear, the tikkingsound dissapears when i rev the engine.

In that video I can still hear the ticking when you are revving, and it stays at the same rate. It does not increase with revs. That's why it's not an injector.

An electronic boost controller has a solenoid in it.

Are you sure you can't hear the ticking sound when you rev it because the engine noise over rides it? I can definitely hear it

The sound come and goes.

It stops when i rev it. I can make an longer vid tomorrow.

I have driven the car as it is, and there is no problem other than that sound. The engine run really smooth, but the sound is annoying, and it shouldt be there.

In that video I can still hear the ticking when you are revving, and it stays at the same rate. It does not increase with revs. That's why it's not an injector.

An electronic boost controller has a solenoid in it.

Are you sure you can't hear the ticking sound when you rev it because the engine noise over rides it? I can definitely hear it

What he said. It doesn't change with RPM.

You're looking for the boost solenoid or a shorted relay.

When is were going to start the engine today the tikkingsound came when i turned on the ingition, before the car started.

So it have to be an solenoid somwhere, but i cant find it. Have searched after the sound, and felt on solenoids to find the ticking, but havent found anything.

I think it is under the greddy intake somwhere, but it sounds like it comes from the fuelrail. I will probaly find it if i take the plenum off.

Unplug the auxilary air valve.

It is a long weird looking thing under the plenum. It has a purple plug that should be facing towards the firewall. Hard to get to but I can just get my fingers on it to unplug and my arm is f**kEN HUGE!!!

That should solve your problem.

• 3 months later...

Cheers. Sorry to bump but I'm having this problem and my car randomly stalls as well and the VVT solenoid makes sense. I'll try it out today.

Just fyi, I left the ticking sound unattended for months, and I checked everything that would cause the car to stall except for the VVT so the pieces fit.

wouldnt be the fuel pressure reg would it? would explain why it happens when youv got the fuel primed but not having the motor on...