SAU Community

How to change colour of Dash light?

Eav00l

Guest RedLineGTR

pull the dash out disconnect the wires and uncrew the back panel..check the bulbs and see if u can find them at your local store...u can use blue caps on stock bulbs to get a nice effect abit of muckin around and u'll get thier...sorry havent done it myself but seen some images on the net and instructions how to do it didnt seem to complicated.

Originally posted by akeenan

isnt the el dash kit just bits of white plastic and the colored globes? i might be wrong

yes u r wrong, the EL dash doesent use any bulbs, it called EL because it electro luminicent light.

Here what mine looks like

attachment.php?s=&postid=116745

inast u ricer :) ... looks good .. i wish mine looked that good ... apex gear looks good too :D ... i think that what it looks like is that the numbers instead of being white will be the colour of the bulb ... however i'm thinkin that it won't be as bright so u will have to get really bright bulbs ... i want to do this too ... please someone do it and take some pics :)

A mate has had the bulbs changed in his car and it looks great.

Basically it looks totally stock when the lights are out. But at night when you turn the lights on, everywhere on the dash where it's normally white light, it turns to blue.

Looks very good and is easy on the eyes at night.

J

AutoSalon magazine ran a DIY article on this topic, they did it in a 180sx i believe.

Basically, rip out dash, cover all bulbs with AutoMeter or similar brand globe cover things, put dash back in, too easy.

Originally posted by hippy

inast u ricer :) ... looks good .. i wish mine looked that good ... apex gear looks good too  :D ... i think that what it looks like is that the numbers instead of being white will be the colour of the bulb ... however i'm thinkin that it won't be as bright so u will have to get really bright bulbs ... i want to do this too ... please someone do it and take some pics  :)

bulbs r shit.

with the EL dask kit u have brightness control and u can go from blue to green backlit in 5 shades between.

I did it to my car.

Ripped the dash, got to the bulbs (5 main ones), then put these blue condoms over them... they already had these light blue ones, so i put darker ones in...

The dash looks bluey-greeny now

If you need instrucionts, PM me...

laters

i was thinkin of doing this to go BMW style or something.

ALL ORANGE.

but nv had tthe guts to go tamper with it

what abt the dash board buttons such as aircon control unit the lights and etc

possible to make those orange too?

tahnksss