SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

I'm not sure which way I'm leaning at present, I have loaded up the car with some heavy items quite a few times so it needs to stay functional.. but the look of it squatted tempts me badly! I also love being able to drive over things without fearing the usually scrapage that I get with the Supra, but I want it to have less understeer than at present. I'll wait and see how the Whiteline sway bars go that I just ordered from Daleo :D

mines low as all hell and it doesnt scrape anything anymore.. just make sure you get good clearence with the exhaust and you'll be ok

How low is yours? Is it lower then mine?

Mines too f**king low...need to raise the rear up...

dude, its an ARX and the guards are lower AND you have a larger rolling diameter wheel.

cant compare RS/RX and ARX like that. your car may LOOK lower, but isnt

take craigs car and mine for example. mine IS lower, but his LOOKS lower :)

dude, its an ARX and the guards are lower AND you have a larger rolling diameter wheel.

cant compare RS/RX and ARX like that. your car may LOOK lower, but isnt

take craigs car and mine for example. mine IS lower, but his LOOKS lower :)

thats because it has awesome!....oh wait...so does yours..........we are both awesome!cheers.gif

what if its already happened?

anyway, i need to drop the rear a little. maybe raise the front. but dont think so. my new exhaust wont hang as low as the stock one. mostly due to its lack of mufflers

this is what the AXIS looks like now.. big wheels but they look tiny being up so high. would love to take an inch out of it but almost seems like more hassle than its worth. Your cars are dumped!! I couldnt go close to that

post-75958-0-04095100-1309240752_thumb.jpg

post-75958-0-30356000-1309240763_thumb.jpg

this is what the AXIS looks like now.. big wheels but they look tiny being up so high. would love to take an inch out of it but almost seems like more hassle than its worth. Your cars are dumped!! I couldnt go close to that

lol you need larger tyres.

17", go for a 55 tyre

18", go for a 45 tyre

19", go for a 35 tyre

Edited by iamhe77

these are actually 20".. but yes I def need larger tyres! I'm not too happy about the offset on these either... need some new 19" forgies yummmmmmmm.

my original aim with these wheels was to complement the car so they didnt stand out too much.. i guess it worked! lol

but with some height taken out the rims increase in size.. but it becomes less practical the lower you go!

My love of this car grows everyday so it might get to a stage where a new set of rims with suspension is in order.. and some new brakes!

but with some height taken out the rims increase in size.. but it becomes less practical the lower you go!

My love of this car grows everyday so it might get to a stage where a new set of rims with suspension is in order.. and some new brakes!

or just put some 30's on your existing wheels.

They will be a smaller rolling diameter than the standard RS/RX/Axis rolling diameter, but better 12mm smaller rolling diameter than 12mm larger if you put 35's on there (might scrub)

Go to the link below to compare wheel and tyre dimensions

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp