SAU Community

M35 Aftermarket Suspension

iamhe77

okay well i like going lower

so im gonna put RS and RX stuff on m car :)

Will probably end up too low man. Too low indeed.

By all means go for it. I will be looking for some suspension so may buy it from you when you put it up for sale :)

• 3 weeks later...
Yes I know there is a "Stagea Suspension" thread, but it is pretty cluttered and we haven't really explored a lot of M35 suspension kit options out there, so I thought I would put together a bit of a list with some basic info and links to websites for those of us without suspension upgrades.

This is not a complete list by any means, but should serve to give M35 owners a few options.

Silk Road "RA-1"

SilkRoadRA-1.jpg

Adjustable: F -20 to -90mm, R -15 to -65mm

Spring rates: F 16kg/mm, R 10kg/mm

Non AR-x

RRP: 165,900yen

Freeway-Dolphin (Ohlins)

Dolphin-Ohlins.jpg

Adjustable: unknown

Spring Rates: F 9km/mm, R 8kg/mm

AR-X not specified – also available in 2WD

RRP: 344,400yen

Bilstein "BTS"

BilsteinBTS.jpg

Adjustable: No. Front /Rear -40mm

Spring rates:

AR-X #BTSA162

RS/RX/Axis #BTSA163

RRP: 168,000yen

NM35 Bilstein Dampers (RS/RX/Axis)

Front part # - Left BE5-A100, Right BE5-A101

Rear part # BE5-A152

Cusco "Zero 1 and Zero 2"

CuscoZero2.jpg

Adjustable: F -10 to -65mm, R -10 to -65mm

Spring rates: Made to order

AR-X not specified

RRP: Zero 1- 153,300yen

Zero 2- 186,900yen

HKS "Hipermax LS+"

HKSHipermaxLS.jpg

Adjustable: F 0 to -58mm, R 0 to -42mm

Spring rates: F 10kg/mm, R 6.8kg/mm

AR_X not specified

RRP: 192,150yen

Insurance Group "G-Line"

InstranceGroupg-line.jpg

Adjustable: F -20 to -95mm, R -15 to -65mm

Spring rates: F 16kg/mm, R 10kg/mm

AR-X adaptable

RRP: 208,950yen

RS-R "Best*i" and "Basic*i"

RS-Rintelligence.jpg

Adjustable: F 0 to -55mm, R 0 to -55mm

Spring rates:

AR-X available

RRP: 115,000yen

Nismo "S-Tune"

NismoS-tune.jpg

Non adjustable

Spring rate: F 8.3kg/mm, R 9.2kg/mm

Non AR-X – Also available in 2WD

RRP: 96,780yen

Tein "GT Wagon"

TeinGTWagon.jpg

Adjustable: F 0 to -55mm, R 0 to -55mm

Spring rate: F 10kg/mm, R 11kg/mm

Non AR-X

RRP: 104,457yen

Tein "Super Wagon"

Adjustable:F 0 to -55mm, R 0 to -55mm

Spring rate: F 6kg/mm, R 7.2kg/mm

AR-X not specified

RRP: 132,300yen

Part# DSP00-91AS3

Aragosta "ERS"

AragostaERS.jpg

Adjustable: F 0 to -65mm, R 0 to -58mm

Spring rate: F 11.6kg/mm, R 9kg/mm

AR-X not specified

RRP: 346,500yen

Takero's

Takeros.jpg

Adjustable: F -20 to -48mm, R -20 to -48mm

Spring rate:

Non AR-X

RRP: 346,500

Kenstyle

Kenstyle.jpg

Adjustable: F +20 to -22mm, R +14 to -15mm

Spring rate: F&R 5.4kg/mm

Non AR-X

RRP: 139,650yen

Absolute "DS"

AbsoluteDS.jpg

Adjustable: Made to order

Spring rate: Made to order + camber adjustment

AR-X not specified

RRP: ~235,000yen

JIC Magic "Profit FLT-TAR"

JICProfitFLT-TAR.jpg

Adjustable: F +10 to -30mm, R +10 to -30mm

Spring rate: F 8kg/mm, R 8.2kg/mm

Non AR-X

RRP: 152,250yen

MASA "M-Tune"

MASA.jpg

Adjustable:

Spring rates: F 10kg/mm, R 10kg/mm

Non AR-X

RRP: 281,400yen

KYB "Lowfer Sports"

KYBLowferSports.jpg

Non-adjustable: F -21mm, R -25mm

Spring rate: multiple selectable springs

Non AR-X

RRP: 52,920yen

AiStar "A-Spec"

AiStarA-spec.jpg

Adjustable: F -5 to -55mm, R -5 to -55mm

Spring rate: F 8kg/mm, R 7kg/mm

Non AR-X

RRP: 106,870yen

Hi

I just bought a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro NF for $1600 delivered to Brisbane. Got em from JDM Concept, they have them in Stock in Australia.

Tokage Racing Imports on the Gold Coast have a set of HKS Hipermax LS+. Second hand but in excellent condition with no leaks or bends, $1800 delivered.

Hi

I just bought a set of Tanabe Sustec Pro NF for $1600 delivered to Brisbane. Got em from JDM Concept, they have them in Stock in Australia.

Tokage Racing Imports on the Gold Coast have a set of HKS Hipermax LS+. Second hand but in excellent condition with no leaks or bends, $1800 delivered.

Yeah, forgot about the Tanabe's. How are they? Pics of your car with/without?

$1800?I think I would get a set of Nismo's new for that money, even if they are not adjustable - just a great ride.

Has anyone recently tried to buy Bilstein shocks for an m35 through Sydney shock absorbers?

I rang them today and asked, they told me they had them for earlier stageas but not for 35's. Quoted Steve the part no's in this thread, but he had no listing, and no knowledge of them.

How are people buying replacement suspension parts?

Has anyone recently tried to buy Bilstein shocks for an m35 through Sydney shock absorbers?

I rang them today and asked, they told me they had them for earlier stageas but not for 35's. Quoted Steve the part no's in this thread, but he had no listing, and no knowledge of them.

How are people buying replacement suspension parts?

the Bilstein shocks for the M35 were a special make up for the Japanese distributor of Bilstein. there were made to his specs and I believe they are not an option for any other distributor to buy as minimum order was 100 units or more.

Cheers

Andy

Hi

Have you installed yet? Could you post some pics and a bit of a review?

Hi

Sorry it took so long guys.... :rolleyes:

SUSTEC PRO NF (Normal Feeling)

TanabeSustecPro.jpg

F: -37mm to -78mm

R: -37mm to -73mm

Spring rate: same as OE

RRP: 110,250yen

Tanabe NF

SUSTEC Pro GF (Grip feeling)

Tanabe.jpg

F & R: -25mm to -35mm

Spring rate: "Medium" - estimated to be ~8kg/mm

RRP: 116,850yen

Tanabe GF

Edited by iamhe77

Sorry it took so long guys.... :ninja:

SUSTEC PRO NF (Normal Feeling)

TanabeSustecPro.jpg

F: -37mm to -78mm

R: -37mm to -73mm

Spring rate: same as OE

RRP: 110,250yen

Tanabe NF

SUSTEC Pro GF (Grip feeling)

Tanabe.jpg

F & R: -25mm to -35mm

Spring rate: "Medium" - estimated to be ~8kg/mm

RRP: 116,850yen

Tanabe GF

I have paid for them but the manufacturer came back to me asking if the car had Hicas or not. Apparently if you have Hicas on an NM35 there3 is a problem with the coilovers rubbing or touching some of the mechanics in some way.

Any-one had any experience with this. There is no Hicas light on the dash, so I am assumng I don't have it.

Not sure about other brands.

make sure they know its an M35, the spring and shock are seperate on our models - in the rear. C34s had a 'coil over' type of setup on front and rear. DOUBLE CHECK before they send it to you

Edited by zei20l

I have paid for them but the manufacturer came back to me asking if the car had Hicas or not. Apparently if you have Hicas on an NM35 there3 is a problem with the coilovers rubbing or touching some of the mechanics in some way.

Any-one had any experience with this. There is no Hicas light on the dash, so I am assumng I don't have it.

Not sure about other brands.

Have not had any direct experience, but the only noted difference with all the aftermarket suspension I have in this thread is whether it is 2WD or 4WD only.

Not once have I seen any info regarding HICAS.

Do you mean that Tanabe in Japan asked if your car has HICAS or that the place you bought it from asked?

Have not had any direct experience, but the only noted difference with all the aftermarket suspension I have in this thread is whether it is 2WD or 4WD only.

Not once have I seen any info regarding HICAS.

Do you mean that Tanabe in Japan asked if your car has HICAS or that the place you bought it from asked?

Tanabe in Japan asked if the car had Hicas, I bought from JDM Concept, he is the agent for Tanabe in Oz. My mechanic from Brisbane Turbo and Tuning said it is possible that some of the Hicas Mechs would be very close to an aftermarket coilover. He said depending on the Make and outside diameter of the coilover this could be a problem.

By the way the Tanabe GF don't do a fitment for the NM35

Tanabe in Japan asked if the car had Hicas, I bought from JDM Concept, he is the agent for Tanabe in Oz. My mechanic from Brisbane Turbo and Tuning said it is possible that some of the Hicas Mechs would be very close to an aftermarket coilover. He said depending on the Make and outside diameter of the coilover this could be a problem.

By the way the Tanabe GF don't do a fitment for the NM35

Hmmm... admittedly I cannot find any info on the GF kit this morning (and didn't save the page I found it on either :D )

Perhaps if you go to JDM Concept with the part number GGNM35K, they might come up with something.

When I was looking at a set of Bilsteins through an Australian distributor, they could not find anything - even when talking to their contact in Japan.

This may or may not be the case with JDM Concept Tanabe as I do not know how if the Tanabe kits are put together by Tanabe Japan or by an independent distributor who has asked for a "special order" of GF kits (as was the case with the adjustable Bilsteins).

Hmmm... admittedly I cannot find any info on the GF kit this morning (and didn't save the page I found it on either :D )

Perhaps if you go to JDM Concept with the part number GGNM35K, they might come up with something.

When I was looking at a set of Bilsteins through an Australian distributor, they could not find anything - even when talking to their contact in Japan.

This may or may not be the case with JDM Concept Tanabe as I do not know how if the Tanabe kits are put together by Tanabe Japan or by an independent distributor who has asked for a "special order" of GF kits (as was the case with the adjustable Bilsteins).

Hmmm... dam it, I hope the GF doesn't exist because I have confirmed my order on the NF's and I believe it is to late to change. My wife will be happy because she doesn't want me to change anything on the car and the fact that NF means Normal Feeling is as close as I can get to making her happy about the coilovers.

• 1 month later...
Hmmm... dam it, I hope the GF doesn't exist because I have confirmed my order on the NF's and I believe it is to late to change. My wife will be happy because she doesn't want me to change anything on the car and the fact that NF means Normal Feeling is as close as I can get to making her happy about the coilovers.

Have you got the tanabes in yet?? I'm very interested to see how they look and feel.