SAU Community

Let's Talk Piggy Backs

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol rotary owners. I know someone else who had a LT8, and it had the same cold start, overfueling problems that mine does. Unfortunately for me I'll probably have to go RB20 ECU remap or get another loom wired in when I get rid of it due to only having a Microtech and the original loom in lol.

paragon mate, I don't think trent claims to be a 'tuning god' but he does have a lot of experience in tuning and driving a lot of different set-ups. I do too and I can tell you the only good thing about the microtech is it's price. and even that is not great. they are very basic. for starters they have only a 16X16 map which is pretty average for a full standalone ecu. even the plugin PFC which costs less and is easier, quicker and cheaper to install and tune has a 20X20 map for ign and fuel. and the microtech wont run the factory AFM either. I could go on and on, but the reality is they are just not a good option for any model skyline. for basic mods like this guy, a piggyback like the emanage represents great value for money. the car will still start and run like factory and retains all the nice features of the factory ecu, but can be tuned to get the best power and economy out of his set-up. and for more serious set-ups a power FC can be bought cheaply, needs no more than 5 min to install and doesn't require any wiring, is easy to tune and can be tuned at practically any tuning shop and gives great results. it's all the things that the microtech isn't. and look at stuff like haltech platinum that has 32X32 maps and loads and loads of features.

anyway for this application I don't think there would be a worse choice than a microtech. the emanage is a good choice in this case.

haha strangely enough, I had a local 'performance' mechanic try and tell me today that Microtech's are a good computer for a Skyline! Value for money etc. The only good thing I can say about mine is that it has the dash controller which displays sensor readings, tacho and boost.

He also reckons its quite easy to get AWD to co operate with it, I remain sceptical.

Thing is though, you go on a VL related forum and everyone uses Microtechs! It also would seem that if they were actually any good, a LOT more people on here would be running them.