SAU Community

Mod Love..

*flick*

:D

keen for the tap inn next time :)

not into golf but i have to say the tap inn is a really nice venue, and the food there is very impressive - sussex has been a bit hit and miss on occasions tho they do make an excellent steak

-D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nothing better then belting the crap out of 100 odd balls Ben.....

LOL! I thought you were saying it's all about those delicate shots from 80-100m.......

If i am going to organise something i will be most likely choosing a PAR 3 course as then the groups generally tend to move a bit faster on a smaller course....

and Talbo the whole point of me playing on par 3's is its not how hard you can hit the ball its how precise your tee shot can be.....easy to flog the thing for 200 odd meters but when the whole is only 80-100 meters precision comes into play and most people struggle at that....

:P

LOL! I thought you were saying it's all about those delicate shots from 80-100m.......

:P

Driving range is a different story Steve

and playing on a course is different

BTW went and played on the weekend at the salisbury course and got a score of 36 which is not too bad

still need a bit of work on the Teeing and slight improvement on putting

Driving range is a different story Steve

and playing on a course is different

BTW went and played on the weekend at the salisbury course and got a score of 36 which is not too bad

still need a bit of work on the Teeing and slight improvement on putting

Little Para River?

Nice little 9 holer if that's the one you're talking about. I still think you need to hit a full size course where you can really appreciate the game and it's difficulty.... :P

Little Para River?

Nice little 9 holer if that's the one you're talking about. I still think you need to hit a full size course where you can really appreciate the game and it's difficulty.... :P

yeah thats the one steve.....i am trying to better my game on a par 3 first before moving up on to the par 4's and 5's

so for the time being its par 3's only for me

yeah thats the one steve.....i am trying to better my game on a par 3 first before moving up on to the par 4's and 5's

so for the time being its par 3's only for me

I understand your logic there, and to be honest I spent the first year or so of my golfing hobby on Par 3 courses too.... but it is a vastly different exercise when you're used to hitting irons from a tee than it is when all of a sudden you have to hit irons and fairway woods off of the deck.

I understand your logic there, and to be honest I spent the first year or so of my golfing hobby on Par 3 courses too.... but it is a vastly different exercise when you're used to hitting irons from a tee than it is when all of a sudden you have to hit irons and fairway woods off of the deck.

i have no troubles in hitting them of the deck its off the tee thats bugging me atm

i prefer to hit them off the deck actually but i am forcing myself to also get it right by putting it on a Tee

I am a dirty southerner too now Andrew.

Who forgot to send me the invite, not happy Jan :yucky:

I hope they remeber for the next one :P

Sounds like you have it sorted then :P

Playing every weekend to try and improve my game

but some times it works and sometimes it doesnt.....getting better though.....

also i love using a 7 iron to chip....i prefer that over the wedge

I'm not getting nearly enough time to play lately.... such is life!

6/7 irons for the chip and run shot for sure..... Wedge for the little 'flop' shots you want to stop quickly.

Hit a few balls at McCracken Country Club on the weekend, few of the boys played, $70 for a round and a buggy ftw, very upmarket tho.

I played the front 9 there in November last year and I must say I was pretty disappointed, but then I had people talk it up and maybe my expectations were too high....