Sandown - Sun 28 June

Bec

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Flying fridge, 1:22 is very quick aswell, have you been to many track days? Trying to remember if I'v seen your car out on track days...

I've been doing track days in the GT-R for about a year now but Sunday was the first time at sandown with the car 100% and the weather good. Jack, I think you may remember my car from when Peter Christopher owned it, he mentioned your name when I bought it.

Cheers

I've been doing track days in the GT-R for about a year now but Sunday was the first time at sandown with the car 100% and the weather good. Jack, I think you may remember my car from when Peter Christopher owned it, he mentioned your name when I bought it.

Cheers

No way! I thought I knew the car, I sourced those rims for him when he bought it. What a small world, bumped into Peter a week ago and hadn't seen him for over a year. Didn't know he sold the car until he told me last week. So is it still running standard turbos? Very impressive time to say the least...

Hahah yeah I work with Peter and found out about it that way. Yep still running standard turbos, it's pretty much untouched mods wise except for a catch can I had to add last year when the return line let go at Sandown. About the only other change is I'm running it on a very rooted set of Toyo R888s I got off Snowy last year, time for a new set soon.

Hahah yeah I work with Peter and found out about it that way. Yep still running standard turbos, it's pretty much untouched mods wise except for a catch can I had to add last year when the return line let go at Sandown. About the only other change is I'm running it on a very rooted set of Toyo R888s I got off Snowy last year, time for a new set soon.

Fark dude, on shitty R888's aswell! Do yourself a favour and get a brand new set of RE55's, you won't look back.

I know of only one other standard turboed GTR to get in the 22's, and he's a maniac behind the wheel.

Fark dude, on shitty R888's aswell! Do yourself a favour and get a brand new set of RE55's, you won't look back.

I know of only one other standard turboed GTR to get in the 22's, and he's a maniac behind the wheel.

Hahah guess I must be a bit of a nut too then :laugh: I reckon there's another half a second or so in it at least, I haven't had a good run out of VB or the last corner yet and there are a couple of places I reckon I can pick up the throttle a little bit earlier. More practice needed!

I'm putting the current rubber through one more trackday at Winton this weekend and then I'll look into replacing them, I'm liking the R888s because they're so consistent even when they're so worn but then they're the only semi I've driven on so they would feel pretty good.

Hahah guess I must be a bit of a nut too then :laugh: I reckon there's another half a second or so in it at least, I haven't had a good run out of VB or the last corner yet and there are a couple of places I reckon I can pick up the throttle a little bit earlier. More practice needed!

I'm putting the current rubber through one more trackday at Winton this weekend and then I'll look into replacing them, I'm liking the R888s because they're so consistent even when they're so worn but then they're the only semi I've driven on so they would feel pretty good.

Speak to Snowy, he's tried both, RE55's are what he uses, and he's very quick around Sandown!

Winton hey, 35's to 36's no problem...

well done on the 22 mate.

a big well done to timmy with the 25 on streets! you need to get a camera in the car before you make it handle properly.

Bad luck to Russ busting his gearbox. its an expensive way to learn where your tow hook is..

cheers friesy.

see how i go with the camera I have got one lying around too, see if I get some time to put it in

and rusty bleeeeew the clutch material off the the clutch plate entirly. gearbox seems to be fine. will find out tomoz

My extreme welded itself to the flywheel and the presure plate!

Having said that. Extreme's customer service was fantastic...

they took it back and relined it with a new (improved) lining, machined my flywheel and sent it back over to me

all free of charge

Since then its been fine.... no probs at all...

Compared to my dealings with Exedy, who couldn't even get a clutch for my engine, and wouldn't even do any looking into it for me....

My extreme welded itself to the flywheel and the presure plate!

Having said that. Extreme's customer service was fantastic...

they took it back and relined it with a new (improved) lining, machined my flywheel and sent it back over to me

all free of charge

Since then its been fine.... no probs at all...

Compared to my dealings with Exedy, who couldn't even get a clutch for my engine, and wouldn't even do any looking into it for me....

I've had one extreme clutch fail, however they replaced it under warranty and I've been using it for a couple of years on the track with no issues and I like the way it behaves. That said, with all the problems surfacing lately it's about to be replaced with a NISMO Super Copper Mix twin plate.

Hey Guys,

We were at Sandown and thought we'd take some footage of as many people as we could, and we made this little clip. Hope you all enjoy!

Here is the direct link:

NOTE: To view in Higher quality please press on the HQ in the bottom of the video.

Transfix Media

Edited by Transfix Media

Big thanks to the boys from transfix media on there efforts to edit that in like a day and a half.

Sheppo All the camera work was done to acheive a desired effect.

The buzz the guys did the best that they could condiering there where 60+ cars there and its only a 4 min vid,

Shaun and Tom From transfix media would be more than happy to film individual cars specifically for ppl for a very reasonable fee, also they are very good at doing promo vids to , they are currently putting one together for me and MiColour which will be finished near the end of the year.