SAU Community

Intercooler Liquid Nitrogen Injection Kit

true on the intercooler for heatsoak and efficiency but I have read articles on dry ice intercoolers and they are seeing inlet temps of around -40c when set up properly.

It only last for the first pass and maybe half of the second.

But i wonder where they are getting that reading from? The manifold is always going to have a significant amount of heat soak, so if they are getting that reading from the throttle body or manifold that would be suprising. -40 degress would be dangerous on the street, the chances off the throttle body freezing on open throttle would be getting up there

Hay guys couldn't u just put it in a vacuum flask and have a lid with some holes in it 2 vent the gas so even if it dose splash around when ur driving its just gonna hit the lid ?

I have seen it been pored in to plastic cups before with out any thing bad happening .

Would a water methanol injection kit pump be able 2 pump the liquid nitrogen with out braking ?

when i was at the doctors i saw the doctor just poor the excess liquid nitrogen onto on to the floor like the floors they have at the hospital which leads me to think that it is not as

dangerous as you guys are making it out to be is it ?

Will you PLEASE look up CO2 intercooler sprayers before you continue anymore discussion about this. You will see they are doing EXACTLY what you are talking about, with out the dangers or cost.

oh ok the reason i was pushing about the liquid nitrogen was because i have access 2 it ... and can get at minimal cost ! but with "CO2 intercooler sprayers" im assuming they gonna cost a lot to refill

Hay guys got a question for u could u safley use liquid nitrogen in an intercooler or any where else to get air intake temperature down ?

or would it crack your cooler beacuse it is too cold or cause problems further on in ur engine eg ur throttle getting frozen open due 2 ice froming on it ?

because it is liquid nitrogen and nitrogen is not combustible would it rob you of more power then it would possibly make ?

and could u easly inject it into ur intercooler ?

could u put it in a water injection kit and would it work ?

also how cold could it make ur intake temperature ?

Thanks guys for your help ! :)

Do you mean just have small injectors, which spray liquid nitrogen on the outside surface of your intercooler?

Not actually inside the intercooler...

Water injection kits will work well as the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6.5 TME came with them stock.

It does help as you gain some heat soak to get rid of the heat.

There are still dangers associated with CO2, please don't put across the thought that CO2 is completely safe.

If you want to put together a cheap CO2 kit, source the spray bar and then look at some paintball equipment. CO2 is used extensively in the paintball industry for the low-end mechanical markers for hire.

Water injection kits will work well as the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6.5 TME came with them stock.

evo's don't have water injection. they have an intercooler water spray which is very different. it sprays the water mist over the OUTSIDE of the intercooler to reduce the temp of the intercooler which reduces intake temps via the normal heat transfer.

water injection (really water/meth injection) sprays a mist of water/meth mix into the inlet AFTER the intercooler and just before the throttle.

this guy wants to inject nitrogen into the inside of intercooler. which is a dumb idea. you could spray it over the intercooler but it's still a dumb idea. if you want to spray something over the intercooler then a water mist like the evo set-up (and hundreds of other aftermarket ones) is easy and cheap to do. and costs nothing to fill as it just uses plain water.

or if you really want gas then look into the CO2 systems. but again they spray the gas on the outside of the intercooler to reduce it's temp. not inside it. that is just a bad idea.

There are still dangers associated with CO2, please don't put across the thought that CO2 is completely safe.

If you want to put together a cheap CO2 kit, source the spray bar and then look at some paintball equipment. CO2 is used extensively in the paintball industry for the low-end mechanical markers for hire.

Safer than having a bottle of nitrous in the trunk. How many people do that?

Soda machines all use CO2, so you could fill up anywhere that distributes those tanks. Still, they aren't good for much other than pre-spraying before a run to ward off heat soak.