SAU Community

In Car Circuit Videos

djr81

You're right, not stock to stock, thats is so rare these days! Just basic mods. Exhaust, bitta boost, some crappy coil overs, tyres and pads.

Mute point really, as the different driving abilities I see around make it hard to pinpoint what's quick and whats shit. There's just SO many mega buck cars with all the good gear rolling around circuits with their balls in their wife's handbag somewhere.

There's seriously something wrong when good proper turbo cars are getting are getting carved up by FWD buzzboxes!

yeah, mum always said I was special... but you want different - how about an Aristo with a race seat?

believe it or not, I tried to be smooth in my shootout lap. And that's where I got the 59.9. Apart from coming into Hungry a little hot and with a bit too much trail, that's as smooth as I get...

I think its handling OK. I'm not exactly a fan of the R888s, but they have to be better than the KU36 the Supra was on. I can't explain it. Maybe you should pedal it around out there - see what you think...

Whether it was fluke or not the supra just seemed to work well on the kumhos. It was punching well above its weight when you were out at ec a couple of years back.

R888's are rubbish. I wasn't a fan and am happy to be back on re55's.

That said, your 180 is still very taily from what i'm seeing and i don't think it's down to the way you drive it. whether it's springs/bars/camber/tyre pressure/roll centre i don't know.

There's seriously something wrong when good proper turbo cars are getting are getting carved up by FWD buzzboxes!

And natural order has been restored :(

Yes I know - I'm being provocative. Just getting into the Honda fanboy mode so I can fit in here at the dark side. What you say is true though. Some of those shopping trolleys are a lot quicker than the laws of physics should ever allow them to be :)

Yes I know - I'm being provocative. Just getting into the Honda fanboy mode so I can fit in here at the dark side. What you say is true though. Some of those shopping trolleys are a lot quicker than the laws of physics should ever allow them to be :(

Cheeky bugger :)

But I wasn't really commenting on the quick bum draggers, more the endless guys who build these 400KW cars with carbon dripping off them, owing $100k+.... to get overtaken around the outside by a farking Excel. I'd hang myself!

Must have their heads so far up their own arse that they can't see the benefit in spending $500 on a good advanced circuit course... "Nah, let's just chuck another 100KW at it and another $20k of carbon, that'll get me past those pesky "racing Excels". :)

But I wasn't really commenting on the quick bum draggers, more the endless guys who build these 400KW cars with carbon dripping off them, owing $100k+.... to get overtaken around the outside by a farking Excel. I'd hang myself!

Must have their heads so far up their own arse that they can't see the benefit in spending $500 on a good advanced circuit course... "Nah, let's just chuck another 100KW at it and another $20k of carbon, that'll get me past those pesky "racing Excels". :(

Thanks Duncan, you're giving me hope,

Or New GT3 RS Porches doing 1:05's on sprint circuit...

I thought an advanced driving course would be way more then $500

I have no choice now given all the curry I've given him and my GT Starlet driving mate Lol...

If I get done, they will find me at the base of mount Nebo somewhere, in my navy pilots uniform, even thought I'm not a pilot at all, dead, LOL.

cheers for all the input guys haha, just need to know what I need to spank an emo.

getting back to the vid with the XT - certainly has some good straight line grunt!

yeah she's a good thing. I've driven it quite a few times around Lakeside, done a best of mid 62 in it, not bad considering front runner Biante cars are 60 flat. :(

Such a playful car, and I love how the front lifts when on the throttle :) Rough specs: 9", Top Loader, 500hp 302 Windsor (8500rpm), Skyline GTR Sumitomos.

A joy

Edited by Marlin

Must have their heads so far up their own arse that they can't see the benefit in spending $500 on a good advanced circuit course... "Nah, let's just chuck another 100KW at it and another $20k of carbon, that'll get me past those pesky "racing Excels". :(

Hehehe that's so true - I couldn't agree more. I'd love to hear some of the excuses people come up with. That's why I've always stuck with the 2WD's in the forest - at least I always have an excuse for being slow.

It's funny how many hektik track cars are being built these days, and a lot of then only mask the owner's lack of skill. In the whole time I've been competing in motorsports, I've never once felt that the car was holding me back. Of course I've made improvements to make the car faster (but usually that's a side effect of trying to make it more reliable, safer or easier to drive). I'd rather get to the point where the car is truly holding me back before making major upgrades.

Those bloody excels are a pest and a menace. Same thing in the forest with a couple of well driven ones showing the way home to big $$ AWD's. I think there are dart boards all over the country with Excel pictures plastered over them.

Oh - that XT does indeed appear to have some mumbo. Brave person to punt one of those around Lakeside (or any race track, in fact)

cheers for all the input guys haha, just need to know what I need to spank an emo.

A well sorted, well driven ANYTHING will spank a poorly driven EMO. My first outing on the dirt in the Hoonda saw me beat an EMO 10 and a few WRX's (admittedly none of them were that well driven). Still, a win is a win.

It was funny at Silverston in the mega 135hp Caterham. There were not that many cars i was quicker then. But as you woudl expect the mega caged, brakes and flame throwing EVO, STI and R33 GTR were on the list of cars that I genuinely overtook and pulled away from :)

Adding fuel to the emo fire.

This is me in 33 gtst vs a mate in emo 8 behind me (video changes between the two of us).

Cars have similar mods and power (200rwkw). 595rsr vs ku36.

Adding fuel to the emo fire.

This is me in 33 gtst vs a mate in emo 8 behind me (video changes between the two of us).

Cars have similar mods and power (200rwkw). 595rsr vs ku36.

haha your 33 does nice flameouts :P

the emo even sounds boring...

yeah, mum always said I was special... but you want different - how about an Aristo with a race seat?

believe it or not, I tried to be smooth in my shootout lap. And that's where I got the 59.9. Apart from coming into Hungry a little hot and with a bit too much trail, that's as smooth as I get...

I think its handling OK. I'm not exactly a fan of the R888s, but they have to be better than the KU36 the Supra was on. I can't explain it. Maybe you should pedal it around out there - see what you think...

That does surprise me harry, particularly after watching a couple of relatively low powered silvia's (apprpx 250 hp) carve it up at S/L earlier in the year.

Good brakes suspension and aero and they were handing it to some much more fancied cars.

It has to be in your setup somewhere.

lol I think you've been a bit mislead about those power levels mate.

Jacky Yick's S15 was running almost 300bhp at the rears on e85. Still crazy fast for the power and tyres. But he is a very good steerer, U2l IPRA champion down there.

And Wayne Sutton's 180 certainly ain't only 250bhp at the wheels!!!

lol I think you've been a bit mislead about those power levels mate.

Jacky Yick's S15 was running almost 300bhp at the rears on e85. Still crazy fast for the power and tyres. But he is a very good steerer, U2l IPRA champion down there.

And Wayne Sutton's 180 certainly ain't only 250bhp at the wheels!!!

Either way they are not mind snapping power levels harry. 300 bhp is only around 200 kw's at the tyres, Not what i would call mind bending performance.

What i am getting at is you are not a slouch behind a wheel either, There must be a reason why you are not getting what you expect from the car.

Not like you to not speak your mind Noel.... go on mate.... tell him you actually think he's maybe just a little bit shit. :P

mwahahahahaha. Actually after watchin him pedal an old datto a couple of years back ben I cant do that.

Mind you he's not as good as he thinks he is but he can steer a bit. :rant:

that's what I said, insanely fast for the power levels. And I'm not Jacky Yick! Its about 220rwkw from what he said if memory serves... But it certainly sounds pretty eager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcPtoT5804&feature=email

Maybe my 200rwkw is from a happy dyno. It certainly doesn't pull anything like that car! But I'm fairly certain its mainly the tyres. When I first put the R888s on it, they didn't feel like they made any more lateral grip than the KU36s. And they're only 225 and 235s...

that's what I said, insanely fast for the power levels. And I'm not Jacky Yick! Its about 220rwkw from what he said if memory serves... But it certainly sounds pretty eager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMcPtoT5804&feature=email

Maybe my 200rwkw is from a happy dyno. It certainly doesn't pull anything like that car! But I'm fairly certain its mainly the tyres. When I first put the R888s on it, they didn't feel like they made any more lateral grip than the KU36s. And they're only 225 and 235s...

You're the second bloke in a week who has cast doubts over those tyres. Mate in a 32 gtr went to them from re 55's and wasnt happy with the grip levels.