SAU Community

In Car Circuit Videos

djr81

• 2 weeks later...

Phillip Island 16-06-2013 After a wet start in the morning the day got better. Still very cold, had a lot of trouble getting heat into the tyres.

Couple of issues spun the rear yoke in the tail shaft in the 1st session. (Carbon Fibre Shaft) For some reason also pumped lots of oil out of the catch can in the same session??? Sorted itself out in the next one???

Lots of time to be had in my driving, but over all great day.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My first time at Nurburgring Nordschleife in a Suzuki Swift (www.rentracecar.com). Awesome experience.

9.30 Bridge to Gantry, more in it with more practice and a clean lap (no oil/yellow flags).

Also went for a taxi lap in the 911 Turbo S (991 shape) Ring taxi with a drive who'd done over 10,000laps. Amazing.

LOL...awesome! Cant believe how little traffic you have. I shat myself as I left the pits in the Swift. I thought it was going to roll over on him at speed if I clipped a kerb but was actually an amazing little car!

the track was quiet because the lap before it started raining lightly. i figured i'd go out for another lap so went straight back onto the track. aside from the oil spill and having to give way to the renault in the Foxhole it was a clean lap.

I was surprised by the little swift too! only 100kw but it has lots of grip, decent suspension and not much weight. you barely have to brake and it was really fun to drive. lacks the power on the long uphill section in keselchen but you can still carry good corner speed for most of the track. in one of my other laps i was chasing a C63 AMG, he blew away from me on the straights but i could eat him up into corners - i think he was more worried about writing it off than I was though.

LOL...awesome! Cant believe how little traffic you have. I shat myself as I left the pits in the Swift. I thought it was going to roll over on him at speed if I clipped a kerb but was actually an amazing little car!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

quiet in here...

Took the Soarer to Mt Cotton last weekend. 48.30. 0.43sec off the Production Road Reg record - mods are exhaust, coilovers and tyres. And my final sector of that run was 0.35sec off my best time for that sector - got too sideways coming back over the crest into the RH turn just before the finish...

footage from my car - the fastest run of the weekend first then a few with little stuff ups:

footage from the side of the track including a nice slide over lover's leap:

• 7 months later...