SAU Community

Major Problem!

sleek3

well over the past week i been doing a major service on my car. i know this only takes a few hours if done in one go but didn't have the time.....well when i took everything off the car was top dead centre. i replaced all three belts, i also replaced the water pump to a gates waterpump, and put new tensioners and a gates racing timing belt, well i finally got all done everything was top dead centre belt lined up and everything was good. i then put everything back together and finally started her up, everything was fine except for the HUMP in the idle which i thought it could have been just the crank angle sensor. so i took it for a short drive up the road this is where my nightmare began,

i got the car to second gear and got up to about 4500rpm with only like 3pound on and my car started shaking like no tomorrow, the car died and i started it back up i then noticed NOW my clutch fan is wobbling like a SOB so i limped it home about 100 metres up the road and the car is really bad vibrations through the gearbox and the motor.

question is do you think i BLEW MY MOTOR???????

i am not to sure if i did and now i dont even know where to start checking

please help thanks

yea the belt is sitting right on the cam gears....dam cant figure it out, if i spin the clutch fan by hand it spins straight, but when i turn the motor on it wobbles but the pully still looks straight!!!!! cant figure this one out

started up fine again today but found the new water pump has a sloppy shaft going to return it and get a new one, i think i may have solved the problem will post up the result

THE RESULTS!!!

went back and got a new water pump and put that on. it was a jap made pump so i trust it more than the last one. timed everything back and put the car together started her up i knew it was do or die so i was expecting the worse and my motor to shit it self, well started up and fired up just fine. took the car for a drive and runs better than before, never knew a fan could cause so much trouble but obviously with all the weight on it....it shook the whole car. but as end result everything is fine and working as normal

THE RESULTS!!!

went back and got a new water pump and put that on. it was a jap made pump so i trust it more than the last one. timed everything back and put the car together started her up i knew it was do or die so i was expecting the worse and my motor to shit it self, well started up and fired up just fine. took the car for a drive and runs better than before, never knew a fan could cause so much trouble but obviously with all the weight on it....it shook the whole car. but as end result everything is fine and working as normal

Buy yourself a cold Beer to celebrate what could have been certain disaster avoided :(