SAU Community

Extreme Turbo Manifolds Or 6boost

I'm looking for a twin scroll exhaust manifold for a borg warner s300sx 83-75 and I came across extreme turbo manifolds. Has anybody used them? I want to keep my A/C and the only other company I am interested in is that can do this is 6boost.

Any thoughts, suggestions or pictures? This is the manifold I'm interested in

extremeturbomanifold.jpg

Having used both suppliers.

I would recommend 6BOOST (Kyle)

Nice choice on the turbo too! Borg Warners sound awesome!

Having used both companies, what are the pro's and con's of their manifolds?

The manifolds are similar however Kyle was the first to come up with the collector design.

The customer service was the decider for me.

Really?

Based purely on customer service I wouldnt consider using 6boost again. Shame really as the manifold is great.

I later recommended etm as an alternative to a friend who was stoked with both the service and product.

Edited by DCIEVE

Does anybody have any ETM or 6boost pics with manifolds mounted? I have seen a couple from searching but I would like to see some more. Does the 6boost twin gate manifold still keep the A/C? I don't want to lose my A/C but if I have to use a single wastegate to keep it, that's fine.

they are the 2 leading turbo manifold makers in aus. I would say you will get a great result with either one. I would call or email them both with your requirements and ask for a price and turnaround time, see what they say, and make your decision from there. again, they both make great products. it's personal preference really that separates the two.

I have an ETM item, he had a fair bit of work lined up when i ordered so there was a bit of a delay and i was more than happy with the customer service provided.

Thanks for the responses, I have had both companies email me with good info. ETM said he would use a GT42 for a jig he doesn't have a BW s300sx 83-75 so he couldn't guarantee fit up, which I do understand.

Here are some pics of the BW and others

turbos from L to R -- TSGT40R, GT37R, BW S300SX 83-75, TS35R, BW S200SX 75-70, TS3076R

allturbos.jpg

BW83-75-2.jpg

BW83-75-3.jpg

What are some thoughts about the turbo size and using a GT42 as a jug? I don't want to buy a manifold and have it hit the strut tower so I'm trying to get as many opions as possible.

Well I am a good friend of Leigh's (ETM) and can vouch for his work, his workmanship and service that he provides is outstanding to say the least!..and im not just saying that cause he is a mate. The only downside if there is one I guess is that he is very busy!..but then who isn't when you are selling a good product!

Edited by SilverCal

6boost any day of the week

not sure if it was a 1 off, but the last ETM manifold i saw had a pretty rough finish on the ports. kyles all come perfectly ported and ultra smooth

not sure if it was a 1 off, but the last ETM manifold i saw had a pretty rough finish on the ports. kyles all come perfectly ported and ultra smooth

I don't understand what you mean by rough finish on the ports? The manifolds are made from steam pipe and you have the choice of that or have it ceramic coated..

well it's been a while since I looked closely at an ETM but the ones I have seen were ok port finish wise. matty he's not talking about cosmetics. he's talking flow wise.

I do agree though the recent 6boost mani's i've looked at have very nicely finished ports and collector. and they always do.

agreed. both are great manifolds but kyle seems to take that extra detail with finishing the ports off.