SAU Community

My R34 Gtr Front End Stagea Build Thread

darrinspencer

Looks promising Darrin. Did they fix up the fuel rail or just throw the stocker back on? Still going to send it down the strip this weekend?

They ended up milling each end square, plus the machine a taper on the inlet of the siemen injectors to get them to seal correctly

Got it home last night in one piece

Tonight have to reassembly the complete front and side skirts and plan to drive to it to work tomorrow.

4 wheel alingnment booked in arvo

Race Saturday arvo, but with less power :blink:

No racing last Saturday, got rained out.

New power is good, 330rwhp

Could do with a bit more thuo. Should be back on the dyno in couple of weeks to find the extra 70-80hp

Battery light cam on yesterday, not sure why yet.

Will have some updated pic's over the weekend with new wheels on it and detailed engine bay

Decided not to use the Evo8 recaro's, have just picked up a brand new pair of recaro millinium's is bright red

That should liven up the interior

post-14923-1275612429_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello

I recently bought Stagea RS-Four. Now I want to put the R34 front on her. And I have a question the suitability of runoff from the fenders at Skyline R34 to Stagea C34 without strong adaptations? Or better yet buy the fenders from conversion kit Masa Motors? :geek:

Edited by IGA

• 4 months later...

do you have to use a R34 GTR front or is the R34 gtst the same?

I'm pretty sure this is covered if you read the whole thread, but the front guards (whether you use GTR or GTt) are COMPLETELY different.

I'm pretty sure this is covered if you read the whole thread, but the front guards (whether you use GTR or GTt) are COMPLETELY different.

What he said

Might add a couple of pic's

post-14923-0-57646900-1297721001_thumb.jpg

post-14923-0-08696800-1297721238_thumb.jpg

I ended stripping the first rb26 I bought after changing my mind.

I then bought another one a few months later. sold it last week as is.

I decided that if I was to sell off my current rb25 setup and build the new engine and swap it over, it was still going to cost another $10-15K to gain 100kw. I just cannot be bothered sinking and more money into this car.

On a side note, that Lancer I bought 18 months ago a few pages back, I finally got it painted on Saturday. It is half back togather. Might drive it instead of the Stagea...not.

Anyone want to buy a chic's car??

Edited by darrinspencer

• 1 month later...

Hey man nice car, well done on doing so much of the build yourself. I bought a c34 a couple months back, nothing as nice as yours, RS4 with manual conversion, FMIC, and bigger exhaust (not sure on actual specs). Just a quick question, what kind of mirrors are those?? any mods to make them fit?? what are they worth?? and from where??

The mirrors are genuine Ganador. They around $500-$550 un-painted new from Japan. you can them get s/hand.

These were for a c34, but I think there is 2 model's of C34. One is the Stagea and the other is Laural c34.

I think these were for the Laural as I had to mod them with a grinder (solid alloy) at the top pointy end to fit the window rubber.

this car is PHAT!

any other updates ?

No updates. pretty much untouched for the last 6 months. Just enjoying driving it after 2-3 years off the road.

I did fit the red recaro's, but since sold them to Aaron at importmonster for his car.

I need to finish the roof rails and do RH CV boots. It has the jap radio, so only get some AM stations. How sad.

No new engine as planned, happy with rb25 at the moment.

Have been spending money on other things like new parts from China, FMIC kits and 4WD snorkels etc.

Bought a another caravan yesterday. I have different priorties at the moment.

Must be time for a QLD crusie again thuo.

The mirrors are genuine Ganador. They around $500-$550 un-painted new from Japan. you can them get s/hand.

These were for a c34, but I think there is 2 model's of C34. One is the Stagea and the other is Laural c34.

I think these were for the Laural as I had to mod them with a grinder (solid alloy) at the top pointy end to fit the window rubber.

aaah cool i'm guessing they dont fold back like the standard ones, but then wat exactly does that achieve anyway haha. id like to start doing some mods to mine but a few things getting in the way, like lack of space and confidence anyway something for me to look into so thanks.

No updates. pretty much untouched for the last 6 months. Just enjoying driving it after 2-3 years off the road.

I did fit the red recaro's, but since sold them to Aaron at importmonster for his car.

I need to finish the roof rails and do RH CV boots. It has the jap radio, so only get some AM stations. How sad.

No new engine as planned, happy with rb25 at the moment.

Have been spending money on other things like new parts from China, FMIC kits and 4WD snorkels etc.

Bought a another caravan yesterday. I have different priorties at the moment.

Must be time for a QLD crusie again thuo.

How do you go about getting things from Masa? i have only just started looking at doing this conversion to my car, got some repo gards from ebay but Masa has heaps of cool stuff im keen on, just cant view it cause its all in jap?

PS car looks horn mate good work!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

If you mean will it increase the value of the car by the amount of money you spend on the kit plus fitting and painting then no.

If you like it and you can afford it then go for it.

• 1 month later...

Hi mate i need some of your wizdom plz... i'v had a good stack and need new bonnet bar rad support lights... what do you recommend? whats the cost involved... im no spray painter, Iv found thease any good thttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230865630662&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:AU:1123 ......THANKS

Firstly

I have SOLD my car..........so this is the end to my build....sadly

The new owner is a regular on here and not new to Stagea's, so you will still see it around

For the front end conversion.....insurance job or your are you paying??

I spent approx $5K in parts when I did mine some 4 years ago with zenon headlights

Not including labor and painting

Part list

I used genuine Masa guards from Japan, not copies, perfect fit.....cost me $1100 at the time

There is front bar with complete front reo on ebay at Rohlin imports...they have listed as a GTT because it was fitted to one when they removed it

But it is actually a GTR

They have it for $550....I paid closer to $2K for mine complete at the time s/hand and had to get it from Japan

They will sell it for $450 cash pickup (bargin)....I was going to buy it for a new R34 front Stagea ute project