typevu

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh MW2 FTW. Got my Prestige Pack, the No Russian stage is awesome!!! The NVGs aren't too bad either, but then again I have used far better NVGs before at work. For a game add-in, not too bad. I'm sure I can annoy someone with them.

Those that think a second set of matching servers in the US won't effect them because they are on console...well we'll see.

Generally when a master server responds with servers it has found the list is populated with the servers closest to the master servers first, because they are closer so it takes less time. So when you have a master server on the other side of the Earth and you can't see the list of servers available you are at the mercy of the logic that the IW matching system will use which will most likely be optimized for, you guessed it, the US.

There's a reason they added server lists to L4D.

Also most consle players won't be able to tell the difference because FPS on console is so damn slow. I notice a difference between a sub 30 and a 50 or greater ping in my game play on PC, it's obvious and frustrating and I have changed ISPs over less.

As it has been explained it is P2P with a negotiated connection through IW servers in the US.

They really should have hired a network engineer instead of Bowling.

Couldn't agree more.

Definately not a game i will be purchasing.

No dedicated servers = fail.

Every game i can think of that does not allow at least modding/custom maps sucks balls in the online department.

Some of the BEST games of all time have been those with brilliant online components, this "inhouse" matching system will fail, just like all other attempts over the years have failed.

just completed single player in 5 hours and 18 mins. only on regular.

was pretty good. not long enough again though.

now it's time to rank up in MP.

When did i become a nerd?

Edited by Doobs

Just finished Campaign on hardened some really epic bits which i loved.. People bitch about the story being hard to follow but I thought it was good. It kinda just ends which shitted me off means I have to wait another 2 years to continue it ARGH.

Mucked around on spec ops but I'm not really a big fan of it because they skimped on the single-player for more enhanced multi-player crap.. stupid Infinity Ward.

Couldn't agree more.

Definately not a game i will be purchasing.

No dedicated servers = fail.

Every game i can think of that does not allow at least modding/custom maps sucks balls in the online department.

Some of the BEST games of all time have been those with brilliant online components, this "inhouse" matching system will fail, just like all other attempts over the years have failed.

I've played for about 2 hours on pc mp so far...

first game within 10secs i had the awesome host migration lol About 1/4 of the games i have been in are affected by this, got thrown into an american game aswell so much for searching for best ping?!?!

Once you find a room with some1 that can host its great fun but just getting there is the problem, no dedicated servers is epic fail.

Games decent enough, I might be able to live with the dedicated servers... and no mods... and no lean. But the attitude of the developers is what makes it to much for me to take.

"Moriarte: Ignoring IW.net, is the PC version a direct port of the console version?

Mackey-IW: No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings."

Yes, mouse control. Thank you for being so Kind IW, and not making us buy a bloody controller :happy:

Guess i'll pick it up when its cheaper.