SAU Community

Project 'gozila'...

Marko R1

well i worked out if i made 270.9awkw @ 6800rpm;

theoretically @ 8500rpm it will make 338.62awkw (if i use the formula of 39.84awkw per 1000rpm).

before anyone rips me apart, i know that the power level is not consistent across every 1000rpm & the power may even drop off higher in the rpm hence this is just an average number & 'guesstimate'

...this is calculated @ 10psi with cams @ 0degrees.

with more than double the boost & tuned cams it 'should' piss in over 400awkw :P

now where's that flux capacity & white coat!

Seems like you've already got them on marko :blink:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I had the car tuned yesterday @ CRD :banana:

Refer to attached graph, it made 405awkw @ 23psi with 930nm of torque (to put this into perspective, my previous rb26 on the same dyno & turbo's made 750nm)!

I asked jim what this equates to rwkw, he said about 445rwkw.

Rev limit is set at 9000rpm as jim stated that the engine just wants to keep revving, the above figures are based on 8500rpm (who said rb30's don't rev?)...reason for this, he wants me to avoid touching the limiter as he said its not the best thing for the engine.

It drives like an absolute weapon & what a difference the extra capacity makes, it really is phenomenal & to be honest I haven’t seen jim so excited about any of my past tunes & setups, he is a strong advocate of the rb30.

His words:

"you have the best combo for the street, the average torque increase is HUGE & will feel like an rb26 with 480awkw"

"wait till you drive it, it will be completely different to any gtr"

Something else he mentioned which I noticed was that the car was squirming from left/right on the dyno, the reason is due to torque steer which he has only seen on 1 other gtr with an OS Giken 3.0ltr with T51R & made 480awkw.

Jim wanted to go to 24psi but my actuators wouldn’t allow this as they are set @ 0.7bar, he suggested at this boost level it will make 415awkw.

currently @ 23psi he said it is very safe for hot days & has purposely ran it a bit richer.

My next step (if I want more power) is to run E85, upgrade to 1600cc injectors & run 1.2-1.5bar actuators. This will give me an average gain of 50awkw (i.e. over 450awkw)

He was very happy with the results considering the engine ran stock valves, intake plenum & throttle bodies.

He was very impressed with the way the engine performed on the dyno - all Kudo's to Greg @ ProEngines, thanks mate!

post-8728-1247788866_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marko R1

Nice result mate!

Always good to see a project end up with such a great result

You've inspired me to move $1k out of my "Holiday" fund into my "RB30" fund

She looks like she pulls nice and hard up top, what size Kelfords did you use?

Hi guys,

I had the car tuned yesterday @ CRD :P

Refer to attached graph, it made 405awkw @ 23psi with 930nm of torque (to put this into perspective, my previous rb26 on the same dyno & turbo's made 750nm)!

I asked jim what this equates to rwkw, he said about 445rwkw.

Rev limit is set at 9000rpm as jim stated that the engine just wants to keep revving, the above figures are based on 8500rpm (who said rb30's don't rev?)...reason for this, he wants me to avoid touching the limiter as he said its not the best thing for the engine.

It drives like an absolute weapon & what a difference the extra capacity makes, it really is phenomenal & to be honest I haven’t seen jim so excited about any of my past tunes & setups, he is a strong advocate of the rb30.

His words:

"you have the best combo for the street, the average torque increase is HUGE & will feel like an rb26 with 480awkw"

"wait till you drive it, it will be completely different to any gtr"

Something else he mentioned which I noticed was that the car was squirming from left/right on the dyno, the reason is due to torque steer which he has only seen on 1 other gtr with an OS Giken 3.0ltr with T51R & made 480awkw.

Jim wanted to go to 24psi but my actuators wouldn’t allow this as they are set @ 0.7bar, he suggested at this boost level it will make 415awkw.

currently @ 23psi he said it is very safe for hot days & has purposely ran it a bit richer.

My next step (if I want more power) is to run E85, upgrade to 1600cc injectors & run 1.2-1.5bar actuators. This will give me an average gain of 50awkw (i.e. over 450awkw)

He was very happy with the results considering the engine ran stock valves, intake plenum & throttle bodies.

He was very impressed with the way the engine performed on the dyno - all Kudo's to Greg @ ProEngines, thanks mate!

Nice result, well done, that's a strong one Greg. What's the scale along the bottom of the dyno graph? RPM (1K to 10K) or KPH (0 to 200)? The 405 4wkw is around 675 bhp, so there should be plenty left in the 1000 cc injectors? Are you sure it will be necessary to go to 1600 cc's for E85? After all there is plenty of flow and pressure available from 2 x 044's, so lifting the fuel pressure is a no cost option if required.

Cheers

Gary

if anyone is contemplating on building an rb26/30 - just do it!

these gtr's were born to carry these torque monsters.

Mmm i seem to recall someone saying that (and a lot more) to you in a pub about a year ago....

thats what i thought greg :( more bling!

i was waiting for my 'gay request' to bite me on ass lol

I have to admit Marko, you're the first person I've done an engine for that's sent me an email saying "I know this may seem like a gay request..." I'm pretty accommodating but there are limits... :P

Nice result, well done, that's a strong one Greg. What's the scale along the bottom of the dyno graph? RPM (1K to 10K) or KPH (0 to 200)? The 405 4wkw is around 675 bhp, so there should be plenty left in the 1000 cc injectors? Are you sure it will be necessary to go to 1600 cc's for E85? After all there is plenty of flow and pressure available from 2 x 044's, so lifting the fuel pressure is a no cost option if required.

Cheers

Gary

hey gary - the scale along the bottom is kph (0-200).

the fuel system is up to the task for e85, however, the 1000cc are @ 90% injector duty...e85 requires 30% more fuel & if i gain 50awkw i definitely need 1600s

Mmm i seem to recall someone saying that (and a lot more) to you in a pub about a year ago....

how can i forget that moment steve - we were the young chaps in that classy pub full of retirees :down:

I have to admit Marko, you're the first person I've done an engine for that's sent me an email saying "I know this may seem like a gay request..." I'm pretty accommodating but there are limits... :down:

well greg...u have given me as you quoted "a nice fat curve" (dont worry guys, im married)

hey gary - the scale along the bottom is kph (0-200).

the fuel system is up to the task for e85, however, the 1000cc are @ 90% injector duty...e85 requires 30% more fuel & if i gain 50awkw i definitely need 1600s

are you serious? :down: theres gotta be something funky going on there somewhere caus it doesnt make sence. whats rail pressure set at?

I agree, 1000's should only be running at about 70% to make 400rwkw

forget the power levels guys...its torque that eats injector duty.

example...my old engine with 700cc jobbies could muster 450+ with headroom...new set-up with more torque had them maxed out at 450. The difference between the two engines was the completely different torque curve, one looked like a mountain peak...the other was flat and wide.

running indy blues at a reasonable duty cycle is a lot more sensible than trying to push the 1000's by upping the base on them.

Edited by DiRTgarage

forget the power levels guys...its torque that eats injector duty.

example...my old engine with 700cc jobbies could muster 450+ with headroom...new set-up with more torque had them maxed out at 450. The difference between the two engines was the completely different torque curve, one looked like a mountain peak...the other was flat and wide.

running indy blues at a reasonable duty cycle is a lot more sensible than trying to push the 1000's by upping the base on them.

well its about time somebody explained this on the thread & it actually makes sense, thanks TW.00.GL!