SAU Community

Project 'gozila'...

Marko R1

fuel rail is from pfi in vic, hose kit is from my good contact at asi performance...bit of a funny story behind the hose kit, manufacturers are steering away from silicone i/c hoses for the gtr due to cost and low demand so these were a 1 off for me, when they arrived they reeked of rotten egg/sulphate

Edited by Marko R1

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dam you Marko lol....good on you for getting it all done, i would have still been waiting :pirate:

but hey the move to the vh45dett will never be regretted.

Is that the solid or sprung centre NPC twin plate?

Im not sure, I would have to check it out. I think from memory its all solid. But we have a new NPC twin plate, light weight version going on this new motor. I believe its solid also.

I believe my road clutch is sprung.

my JB clutch is a solid centre which is supposed to be stronger - if i do drive below 2000rpm in gear i get an unusual vibration thru the car (thats only happened to me once, drive under 2000rpm pfff)

stronger yes...but as expected abit harsher on engagement...which might not actually be that bad if yours is a full face organic type? or is button but with just uber amounts of clamping force? Excuse my ignorance, im not too au fait with Jim Berry clutches.

Edited by r33_racer

I see...well i guess so long as it works, thats all that counts!

I checked both the old NPC twin plate and new light weight twin plate and they are all unsprung as suspected.

Running in done by now or what?

solid centre is more suited for higher hp applications, as per jb.

almost there, did the old road run from syd to gosford again in the wet (as the ring meister on the nurinburgring says "this is when the gtr comes to life":thumbsup: and now at 1200km, also running motul 300v lemans 20/60 full synthetic which was $230 later for 8ltrs.

i temporarily raised the rev limit from 5k to 6.5k to avoid touching the rev limiter...is the rev limit ignition cut and can that harm the engine?

almost there, did the old road run from syd to gosford again in the wet (as the ring meister on the nurinburgring says "this is when the gtr comes to life":thumbsup: and now at 1200km, also running motul 300v lemans 20/60 full synthetic which was $230 later for 8ltrs.

i temporarily raised the rev limit from 5k to 6.5k to avoid touching the rev limiter...is the rev limit ignition cut and can that harm the engine?

Where did you get the 'le-mans'...CRD?

If the ecu is a 'garden variety' power fc its fuel cut. no harm done hitting it...i used to sit on mine when i ran the power fc to launch the car...was only when i went to ign cut it smashed the N1 oil pump (2nd launch using it at 9500rpm).

Edited by DiRTgarage

Where did you get the 'le-mans'...CRD?

If the ecu is a 'garden variety' power fc its fuel cut. no harm done hitting it...i used to sit on mine when i ran the power fc to launch the car...was only when i went to ign cut it smashed the N1 oil pump (2nd launch using it at 9500rpm).

i went to crd as u suggested paul, jim strongly recommended lemans and nothing else. justjap dont stock lemans anymore.

haha i have the garden variety ecu with afms, i want to raise that rev limit to 8500 and bounce it!!!

is my idle going to get lumpier when jim dials the cams in :thumbsup:

Why did you buy Lemans for ? its a rb30 yeah ? and not reving past 7500 8000 ? what a waste of money. you could have just gotten competition and given me the rest of the money you saved instead =)

Why did you buy Lemans for ? its a rb30 yeah ? and not reving past 7500 8000 ? what a waste of money. you could have just gotten competition and given me the rest of the money you saved instead =)

the chrono, competition and lemans are the same price, the viscosity is the only difference. besides that, i wanted to go with what others recommend.

yeah its rb30, engine is built to rev to 8500 although may not be required to make the power level i want

the chrono, competition and lemans are the same price, the viscosity is the only difference. besides that, i wanted to go with what others recommend.

yeah its rb30, engine is built to rev to 8500 although may not be required to make the power level i want

Competition would have been the better choice, maybe if you are running 600kw at 4 wheels you would use lemans.