SAU Community

Bored... So I Painted My Neo Cover

Nice one mate. I'd probably leave the center stripe black to break it up a little.

Here's one I did a while back. VHT chrome, then several layers of red clear coat ontop, gloss black in the centre with gold pin striping.

DSC00325.JPG

Thanks guys, (OO)SKYLINE(OO), no sanding just a good clean with water, used a touch of degreaser for the surface to become nice n clean. Yeh was gona do red but i see red all the time.

Howie i did buy gloss black also and was considering not painting the whole middle part but just painting the 3 stripes that run down the middle... somethin different. will see what happens. I need to put some gloss on it now. The one you did looks really good

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead a bit, but i started this when the thread was first posted and it took me awhile =]

First stage

post-61550-1248258046_thumb.jpg

Next stage

post-61550-1248258092_thumb.jpg

Few touch ups

post-61550-1248258205_thumb.jpg

Doing the details

post-61550-1248258238_thumb.jpg

Im quite happy with the way it turned out, the GT was a bit of a bitch to do, and i had to sand things back soooo many times lol. But i like it for my first effort at spraying =]

Howie yours looks awesome by the way, Neo version of an RB26 =P

hey that's looking sweet :) I like the panda theme. Got a pic of it installed?

Haha cheers, panda theme lol, wasnt really going for that but i suppose it is lol. Whole colour scheme of the car is black and white, white car, black interior, white GTR spoiler with smaller black wing, etc. Thought it would keep it smooth =]

Havent got any pics of it installed yet because i only just finished painting it lol, it is touch dry but i wanna give it about a day before i throw it back in the engine bay. Will take some pics when it is installed again

Looks good guys! I especially like howies :P

I was sitting here trying to figure out why the Howies and Hanaldo's looked different...then noticed ahhhh one's a GT-T and ones a GT...derr

Got a question, when you're painting them how to you go about colour coding the text?

I've never done it before and want to give it a go but want to do it properly. Do you just paint the whole lot then hand paint the text with a brush?

Or mask them up somehow? Not sure if its worth the effort because Howies looks great anyway.

Any special tips on how to mask up properly or is it just as straight forward as it looks?

Cheers.

Edited by Scottydoo

how bad are r34 engine covers lol. and u cant take them off coz of the maze of hoses underneath :P

(personal opinion, but i have one myself, and would much prefer to to be naked under the bonnet like the 33's lol)

in saying that, looking at some of these i might give mine a spray soon, perhaps it will change my opinion :bunny:

I found when painting my 33's rear garnish the easiest way to do the lettering was to

Paint it all the colour you want the lettering to be

Let it dry then lightly coat the letters in vaseline

Spray the whole thing the background colour

Let it dry and wipe off the vas.

Difficult to get perfect but put in the time and be pleased with the result