I Think My Cars @#$@#ed

[[d a n n y]]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol it's GCG btw lol

turbo went at 61K kms

seems like my car was neglected in japan though..

lol... dyslexia?

Damn man. 61k and the turbo went? That is harsh...

I will be up for a dyno run, I need another one anyway.

Sounds like an addiction forming to me :/

Edited by iamhe77

Well, well well.....

Another one gone - no good man...

Mine went last week. Booked in for Monday morning. Turbo off - hiflow then refit along with a service....

Oh, and thanks to Cameron, turbo is coming off without engine coming out. Following his lead although turbo is going off elsewhere.

First quote made my jaw hit the deck, but now all good ($$$ that is!)

Oh and mine has 82k on clock...

im agreeing with lack of maintainence in japan causing some of these problems.

im at 105k and touch wood this wont happen for a long time..... i really dont have the cash!

Well, well well.....

Another one gone - no good man...

Mine went last week. Booked in for Monday morning. Turbo off - hiflow then refit along with a service....

Oh, and thanks to Cameron, turbo is coming off without engine coming out. Following his lead although turbo is going off elsewhere.

First quote made my jaw hit the deck, but now all good ($$$ that is!)

Oh and mine has 82k on clock...

No worries mate.

Where is yours going to be high flowed? Eastern Turbochargers? Were you recommended not to go to AXT?

Hope the quote was alot better than that first one!

Edited by iamhe77

so high flow Danny!!!.....hopefully fits back up OK.....I know your mechanics pain but 7.5hrs???we did mine in 4-5....bet he got stuck on the heat shields.....better get some more cash together for the exhaust now :/ ......you WILL miss your low down grunt but up high its awesome.

No worries mate.

Where is yours going to be high flowed? Eastern Turbochargers? Were you recommended not to go to AXT?

Hope the quote was alot better than that first one!

Not AXT or Eastern Turbochargers. Decided with Advanced Turbo Performance (ATP). Spoke to Ray the other day and no problems taking turbo off without removing engine, then turbo will be sent to ATP. Separate invoice from ATP - will let you all know what is done. Still p**sed off about the damage. But 'thems the breaks' - looking forward to the highflow though. Exhaust will be next!

Edited by prince_skyline

...you WILL miss your low down grunt but up high its awesome.

:/

Not necessarily...

Not AXT or Eastern Turbochargers. Decided with Advanced Turbo Performance (ATP). Spoke to Ray the other day and no problems taking turbo off without removing engine, then turbo will be sent to ATP. Separate invoice from ATP - will let you all know what is done. Still p**sed off about the damage. But 'thems the breaks' - looking forward to the highflow though. Exhaust will be next!

ATP do a good job. I had a feeling you would end up going with him.

Glad you spoke to Ray about getting it out. They will treat your M35 right.

Did you happen to speak to them about the Nismo exhaust?

Danny,

Have you been able to confirm that your damaged turbo hasn't done any internal damage to the casing?

I'll probably end up using your one for a GCG Highflow in the next month or two.

It's good having this turbo exchange happening.

Let me know the status of the inside of the casing etc.

:)

Not necessarily...

me curious with the low down :down: ....maybe the 100kg's difference makes a difference....after a tune I may agree....but mine is still a pig out of the hole....have to admit it is absolutely awesome on the freeway though and down to 9.6km's per lt and heaps of overtaking power

Danny,

Have you been able to confirm that your damaged turbo hasn't done any internal damage to the casing?

I'll probably end up using your one for a GCG Highflow in the next month or two.

It's good having this turbo exchange happening.

Let me know the status of the inside of the casing etc.

yeap all just interals no damage at all dw about it

I'm beginning to think that there should have been a recall on these turbocharger units - the do seem to be failing in increasing numbers...

As much as a hi-flow can be great for the power output, it's not too flash on the hip-pocket when the car has done pretty low mileage.

My greatest concern is the lack of turbo options for this car. If my turbo goes, I dont want a highflow - because I'd much rather keep the characteristics of the turbo exactly as they are now. I can see the benefit of replacing the weaker parts of the turbo with stronger bits to reduce/eliminate the possibility of it failing again, but apart from this I'd want to keep the proportions as close to stock as possible. I've been down the high-flow road on a previous stagea, and it really only works if you're prepared to spend a fair amount of money on supporting mods (exhaust, ecu, possibly intake/injectors/fuel pump etc), and that only makes sense if you want your car to go faster.

Its not that I dont want more power, its that I dont want to alter the factory tuning. Any change to turbo/exhaust pressure etc and the stock ecu is just not going to be up to the task (ie. its not going to be an ideal setup)...I just dont have the money to go down that road, especially when I'm pretty happy with the car as it is now. If the turbo goes, hopefully I can get away with only replacing the turbo...do GCG offer a non-highflow option ie. direct replacement with steel wheels of similar proportions?

i think they can replace with metal wheels and upgrade to a BB centre, it will increase spool times and better response but youll still have the low-down torque and lacking top end power. im not bagging the engine but thats how they were designed, and i kind of agree with wanting the factory response. however i rekon a piggy back computer might help fuel and power 'issues'

+1 on the piggyback. :thumbsup:

Definitely more torque from 0 to redline, no poxy fuel cut when I dont change 2 seconds before I need to and going pretty well with this tank of juice, looking at 500k or over.

Still very drivable if you put the time in on the dyno. I need my wife to be able to drive it.

me curious with the low down :thumbsup: ....maybe the 100kg's difference makes a difference....after a tune I may agree....but mine is still a pig out of the hole....have to admit it is absolutely awesome on the freeway though and down to 9.6km's per lt and heaps of overtaking power

I don't think that mine would have the same top end as yours, but the turbo boosts the same as the stock unit ie 0.8bar @ 3200rpm... peak boost was 1bar at ~3800rpm.

Still behaving as OE up to 3200rpm, and still increases the same up to 3800-3900rpm, but seems to have a little bit more at 4500rpm now... maybe it is the weather (?)

Will see what difference an dual intake airbox and larger/shorter intake pipe to turbo makes.

Still trying to find out the internals that were used in mine. If I ever solve that mystery, I will let you know.