SAU Community

Gts4 Diff Parts Into R33 Gtr....

Quick couple of questions to those in the know.

I recall reading about someone who used the crown wheel and pinion from the gts4 diffs and put it inside their GTR diffs. My car is a '97 GTR v-spec and has the A-LSD in the rear with the 4.111 diff ratio.

Do the crown wheel and pinion from the gts4 diffs fit straight into the front and rear GTR diffs ? And what is the ratio of the gts4 diffs ? Someone told me 4.3 but they wern't sure.

Any other info on this swap ??

Cheers !

so i did some hunting around on the uk skylines forums.. The gts4 crown wheel and pinion swap is apparently as easy as it sounds.. and the ratio is 4.375.

Does anyone know of any other options for getting an even higher diff ratio ?? 4.5 or 4.6 ?

so i did some hunting around on the uk skylines forums.. The gts4 crown wheel and pinion swap is apparently as easy as it sounds.. and the ratio is 4.375.

Does anyone know of any other options for getting an even higher diff ratio ?? 4.5 or 4.6 ?

4.1 to 4.375 is still a fairly decent climb up mate. You would easily notice the difference in acceleration. EASILY!

Fact is, what is your budget? If you haven't got $3.5-$4k to spend on aftermarket ones, the GTS4 is the quickest set in the family as far as I know.

4.900 - C23 Serena SR20DE 4WD Auto

4.636 - C23 Serena SR20DE 4WD Manual, C23 CD20T 4WD

4.375 - R32 RB20DET 4WD, A31 Cerfiro RB20DET 4WD

4.363 - R34 RB25DE 4WD, R34 RB25DE Manual, R34 RB20E, R33 RB25DE 4WD, R33 RB25DET Auto, R33 RB25DE, R32 RB20DET, R32 RB20E,

C35 Laurel RB25DE 4WD Auto, C34 Laurel RB25DE 4WD Auto, C34 Laurel RB25DE Auto, C33 Laurel RB20DE Manual

A31 Cerfiro RB20DET, A31 Cerfiro RB20DE Manual, S13 CA18DET, S13 CA18DE, C23 Serena SR20DE 2WD, C23 Serena CD20T 2WD

4.111 - R34 RB25DET Auto, R33 RB25DET Manual, C35 Laurel RB25DET Auto, C35 Laurel RB20DE Auto, C34 Laurel RB25DET Auto, C34 Laurel RB20DE Auto,

S13 SR20DE (ABS),

4.083 - R34 RB25DE Auto, R33 RB20E, R32 RB20E (ABS), C33 Laurel RB20DE Auto, A31 Cerfiro RB20DE Auto,

S15 SR20DE, S14 SR20DET Manual, S14 SR20DE Manual, S13 SR20DET Manual, S13 SR20DE (ABS), S13 SR20DE

3.916 - S13 SR20DET Auto, S14 SR20DET Auto, S15 SR20DET Auto, A31 Cerfiro RB20E. 5 & 6 bolt

3.692 - S14 SR20DET ADM Manual, S15 SR20DET Manual. 5 & 6 bolt

3.583 - R33 RB25DE Auto, C33 Laurel RB20E Auto

interesting.. what the hell is a serena :blink:

4.1 to 4.375 is still a fairly decent climb up mate. You would easily notice the difference in acceleration. EASILY!

Fact is, what is your budget? If you haven't got $3.5-$4k to spend on aftermarket ones, the GTS4 is the quickest set in the family as far as I know.

dug up a pretty cool tool that plots rpm vs speed given a set of gear ratios

Current:

post-33895-1247645521_thumb.jpg

Gts4:

post-33895-1247645531_thumb.jpg

hmmmmm

I told you 500rpm today.

And it's not about getting the quickest ratio on the planet, it's whether it will actually fit your application.

The GTS4 diff parts will fit your diff but the Serena (Like a Laurel crossed with a Cefiro I think) might not have the same type. Plus 4.9's are too short for you

I told you 500rpm today.

And it's not about getting the quickest ratio on the planet, it's whether it will actually fit your application.

The GTS4 diff parts will fit your diff but the Serena (Like a Laurel crossed with a Cefiro I think) might not have the same type. Plus 4.9's are too short for you

yea its 500rpm at the top of 3rd.. but only 200rpm down at the 70km/hr range which is where its important. I was thinking of researching the 4.6's from the serena but from what i can gather it was never sold here and might be hard to track down (assuming they would even fit).

plus then i would have ford laser and soccer mum people mover parts on my car.. Starts getting rediculous :blink:

EDIT: turns out the serena was sold here... Might be worth some more research after all.

Yep, I knew it was just like a Cefiro

I'll tell ben ceffy you said that :blink:

So new thread question. Does anyone know if the CW & P from the 4.6 diff ratio Serena will fit inside the 33 GTR diffs

yea its 500rpm at the top of 3rd.. but only 200rpm down at the 70km/hr range which is where its important. I was thinking of researching the 4.6's from the serena but from what i can gather it was never sold here and might be hard to track down (assuming they would even fit).

plus then i would have ford laser and soccer mum people mover parts on my car.. Starts getting rediculous :blink:

EDIT: turns out the serena was sold here... Might be worth some more research after all.

No, it's more like 300rpm in the 70k zone and 500 later on where it matters.

can anyone confirm whether the crown wheel and pinion from the gts4 will fit inside the 33 gtr v-spec A-LSD ?? I have found plenty of people who have swapped them into 32 gtr diffs and 33 gtr but they dont specifically mention if it will go into the A-LSD from the GTR's (although i believe it will).

Just looking for a definite answer if anyone has done it before ?

upon further investigation, it should fit.

the standard gtr diff is an r200v. The A-LSD version in the v-specs is an r200z. The size of the crown wheel is the same, so you can replace the cw and p from other r200 series diffs into the a-lsd.

also interestingly enough, those diffs i linked earlier from the AWD serena would also fit. If only i could get my hands on them :P

good to hear - please confirm once you've done it.

BTW I'd be very surprised if the serena front diff fits - unlikely to use the same diff in sump setup that gtr/gts4/stag uses

Yea, Dan made me aware of this the other evening. Ah well, gts4 diffs getting picked up this week. IF the diffs dont do enough, can go the gts4 gearbox too for the high gear ratio's. Will update once we've done the cwp swap.