SAU Community

GTR to be released in 2007

er, interesting stuff warpspeed.. but you're definitely right about the automobile sector. Its no longer the cashcow that it once was and there has been massive correction and coppitulation over the last decade. Then again, apparently this year was also one of the biggest years for new car registrations ever in Australia, which tends to go against this trend?

i kinda believed that myself a few years ago, when signs were there, but just when i thought 'ok, shit=fan time' and behold it has picked itself up again after a big dip and correction after the dot.com era of the later 90's, and the rollcoaster is back on its path. Its all self supporting though, one debt is used to pay off another debt somewhere else, somewhere else in the world. So while everybody is in debt, everybody else owes everybody else money to the same value. Its been that way for ever.

So is your message: we should all buy GTR and not worry about investment all all? :rolleyes:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, my instincts right now tell me to remain totally debt free, and not sink money into non performing assets.

A GTR is definitely a non performing asset. It might perform on the street, but is not going to make you money over the next few years.

If we do sink into the worst depression in history, the secret is to be cashed up and then buy assets for cents in the dollar right at the lowest point, in maybe three to five years after the initial crash. Some of the now wealthiest families in the world did exactly that last time around. It will be the complete end of the middle class everywhere.

In America companies that made wonderful high performance cars went broke, Cord, Packard, Lincon, just to name three. The survivors Ford, GM, and Chrysler built cheap crap cars for the masses. If Nissan stays in business, they will probably be making de-optioned Pulsars, available in three colours only.

that bloody euro #*%& bringing his "guidence" or what ever. #*%&!!!!. Bring back the guys (and girls) who designed the R32, R33, etc... none of this futuristic SH!T!!!!

PS: Haven't researched as to who designed the earlier Skylines, could have well been another european. Just venting my frustration as to the way all the designs of the new cars are going=>furturistic...talk about crap! IMHO

Warpspeed i have seen ur 'doomsday' posts pop up quite a few threads now, not having a go, but u do slip them in there whenever the opportunity presents itself :P Good to have alternative view points.

Can't say i share ur view on upcoming world events. PC's are DEFINITELY not in a boom period, they are in a very laggy, shit period, not going too good. Internet is def branching out as everyone is eventually getting connected, but you can't say that any tech area is in boom... well web biotech, etc.

I thought in Japan they wrote off all the highly over inflated property prices etc?? I thought that the new prime minister had something to do with it... I think i remember talking about it in yr 12 eco 2 years ago.

Australia has been doing good over last few years, actually has been doing good for quite while. I don't really see where this world wide cataclismic economic crash is coming from??

cheers.

oh yeah, Carlos go back to wherever the f*ck u came from. Head designer of the 32, 33, 34 GTR's should be the CEO of Nissan damn it!!! :P

we had a market crash well massive "bear run", "correction" what ever you want to call it and now are pulling out of it definantly in the up cylce. the thing about crashes is: a) is everything overvalued? no B) securities are halted trading if they fall too low c) there is still to many resources being utilised and companies laying off staff to stay profitable.

I think Goshn should be congratulated. Without him, there'd be no Nissan at all (it would've gone bankrupt remember?)

By the way, anyone know who owns Nissan? Yep, Renault has a majority stake in them. Those "Bloody Euros" saved Nissan's arse BIG TIME

Originally posted by Sonic

I think Goshn should be congratulated. Without him, there'd be no Nissan at all (it would've gone bankrupt remember?)

By the way, anyone know who owns Nissan? Yep, Renault has a majority stake in them. Those "Bloody Euros" saved Nissan's arse BIG TIME

I take it you don`t mind the direction Nissan is heading in then Sonic?

I for one am not against Renault saving Nissan, in fact I support Renault... they (before you guys were born) practically introduced the turbocharger to F1 in the late seventies.

But the fact of the matter is, Nissan is going soft, on account of Carlos Ghosn telling the Japanese management at Nissan how to design and market cars. Ghosn + Nissan = Crap product.

Don't you think that by making the new R35 a 'world car' that it will lost a lot of the status that the current R32's, 33's and 34's have? I mean, if they are released all around the world they lose some of that 'exclusitivity' and IMO that takes away from the car as a whole. Maybe it's just me, but still regardless of that, the R35 as a whole just doesn't appeal to me... the R32's-34's all built on each others designs whereas the new one just seems like a completely new design sharing only the taillights...

Originally posted by p1r4t8r

Don't you think that by making the new R35 a 'world car' that it will lost a lot of the status that the current R32's, 33's and 34's have? I mean, if they are released all around the world they lose some of that 'exclusitivity' and IMO that takes away from the car as a whole. Maybe it's just me, but still regardless of that, the R35 as a whole just doesn't appeal to me... the R32's-34's all built on each others designs whereas the new one just seems like a completely new design sharing only the taillights...

Thats *V35* dude...;)

But yeah, I have exactly the same opinion as you p1r4t8r, the Carlos Ghosn produced V35 is a Skyline in name only, and yeah, by having a so-called "world car", the exclusivity is lost from the Skyline name.

This whole "World Nissan" idea (reality?) from Ghosn has destroyed everything that made Nissan great in the first place.

It doesn`t matter if more Yanks are going to buy a V8 GT-R than a V6 Turbo one, thats just BS to think that the new GT-R is being stripped of it`s identity in order to appease a few Yanks who don`t even know what a GT-R is...

^^^^THATS what happens when a fookin` beancounter is CEO of a car company.