- high mount to4e

- 720cc injectors

- 040 fuel pump

- sard fpr

- greddy ultimate

- greddy plenum

- fuel rail

- new cooler piping

- turbosmart boost tee running 18psi backing to 14psi.

it made 220kw at the rears on 16psi at 6200rpm(limiter set at that, which im pretty pissed about, im thinking its the turbo not making the power, but i need a workshop that can tune it better as i aint 100% happy with the power and tune, any thoughts?, ive previously had an s13 with an rb20 which had link ecu, to4e, fuel pump, ignitors, cooler, exhuast, 15psi that made 320hp, give and take a couple of hp due to different dynos, but my rb25 isnt making the power it should?any ideas will be muchly appreciated?...thanks. Ive heard about Matty Spry if anyone know his contact details or what his workshop is called pklease let me know thanks

Please talk through past experience, thanks

Godzilla Motorsports at Tingalpa.

Seriously, when it comes to tuning a Nissan, they do the best shit. They specialize in Skyline's, but they did tuning on my brothers L28 Datsun 280ZX, and it's a beast.

G'Day GHO57,

Im the tuner at EFI, I dont normally post on here as that is Ricks (whitey) thing,

The power that you are making in very respectable with a T04E.

One thing to remember that a T04E does come in may different housing and wheel trims and sizes.

Your 220rwkw works out to around 300rwhp which on 16 psi is pretty good.

Its a little lower than 35R sort of power figures with an older style turbo you have to expect that.

I would maybe ring your tuner and ask why the rev limiter is set too 6200, as this is pretty low for a 25. If the power is dropping off then maybe look at camshaft timing as this is a good give away for horsepower falling early.

You say your boost controller is hitting 18psi, then dropping to 14 psi? Do you mean its spiking to 18psi then dropping to 14psi higher in the rpm? if this is the case, Its sounds like you may have a compressor out of flow or a miss match on the exhaust housing side e.g. too small exhaust housing.

How is the drivablilty of the tune? does the car start and drive well? does it use a excessive fuel when not driven hard? These are things you have to take into account other than power figures.

Id give your old tuner a bell, and just ask them. They where obviously good enough to go to in the first place, and they may have explanations for all your questions and even options on how to remedy any issues you have.

Failing that Matty can be contacted on

Performance Injection Tuning Services

Unit 10 / 42 Export Drive

Molendinar QLD 4214

Australia

Phone : 0411 34 00 33

Thanks,

Sean

Edited by EFI Performance

G'Day GHO57,

Im the tuner at EFI, I dont normally post on here as that is Ricks (whitey) thing,

The power that you are making in very respectable with a T04E.

One thing to remember that a T04E does come in may different housing and wheel trims and sizes.

Your 220rwkw works out to around 300rwhp which on 16 psi is pretty good.

Its a little lower than 35R sort of power figures with an older style turbo you have to expect that.

I would maybe ring your tuner and ask why the rev limiter is set too 6200, as this is pretty low for a 25. If the power is dropping off then maybe look at camshaft timing as this is a good give away for horsepower falling early.

You say your boost controller is hitting 18psi, then dropping to 14 psi? Do you mean its spiking to 18psi then dropping to 14psi higher in the rpm? if this is the case, Its sounds like you may have a compressor out of flow or a miss match on the exhaust housing side e.g. too small exhaust housing.

How is the drivablilty of the tune? does the car start and drive well? does it use a excessive fuel when not driven hard? These are things you have to take into account other than power figures.

Id give your old tuner a bell, and just ask them. They where obviously good enough to go to in the first place, and they may have explanations for all your questions and even options on how to remedy any issues you have.

Failing that Matty can be contacted on

Performance Injection Tuning Services

Unit 10 / 42 Export Drive

Molendinar QLD 4214

Australia

Phone : 0411 34 00 33

Thanks,

Sean

All good common sense there.

One of the big ticket items on your list is the greddy plenum. Just because you paid plenty for it doesnt mean it well net you a massive power gain.

At that mod level it would brobably do bugger all and may even cost you some down low squirt.

thank you to all that have replied, fuel economy is better than it was stock, im getting more km's out of a full tank of 98optimax, and with the mods im fairly happy with the consumption atm, yes i am aware the plenum may not do much in power gains, but for future plug changes, more spacious room in the enigine bay i went with it, its a genuine greddy plenum yes it costs big bucks, but hey its not something ill be thinking of changing later on & i dont want a chinese brand that doesnt fit or needs modifying to fit, but the turbo on the other hand, yes but a standard turbo could make 300hp atw, dont understand why a t04e isnt capable especially on 16psi making more power, yes it spikes to 18psi the backs on to a steady 16psi, cheers for all the info guys please pm me a workshop that is able to help me cheers.

If you have good coils you shouldn't need to gap your plugs down to 0.7mm - all you're doing is hiding a weak spark.

Try opening them back up to 1.0 or 1.1 mm and see if that helps your idle, obviously if it starts breaking down under load at higher rpm though (at 18psi and not insane power you should be right if the coils are in good nick) you'll need to either close them up a little bit or invest in stronger coils. IMHO it's worth looking at a set of LS1 coils or something similar if your ECU can drive them, it doesn't sound like you have an issue with upgrading with an eye to the future :(

thanks for that, yeah the coilpacks are brand new, i dont know why but "they" said to me that i needed a cooler plug(which is correct for higher boost levels), but yeah im taking it to get it dynoed again on the 15th-08-09 so it will be interesting to see what is stopping it, cheers all.

Big Thanks to EFI PERFORMANCE for their help so far. Appreciated

txt me who tuned your car pete.. sounds like its not set up very well. boost controller not holding boost steady and plugs not correct. it's the little things that count