SAU Community

V8 Or Turbo Cars? Do You Think V8's Are The Ultimate Power House?

Heres a friendly debate with my cousin and I have a R33 gts-t and he has a vz clubby don't get me wrong I love v8's and never liked turbo's from the start but over time they grew on me and now I worship them now especially skylines, GTR'S but my point here is that I believe that you don't need a v8 to be quick or win a race or to have torque when you can have these things with a 4 or 6cyl turbo, and as I state in our debate I like the fact that a 4 or 6 cyl turbo car can beat a v8 cos they're the underdogs, anyway my cousin says that all turbos cars mite have power but it's fake power compared to a v8 where he says v8's make real hp and torue, he says turbo cars are fake I say the japs are smarter, have your say!

I posted a vid on facebook from youtube and wrote lol who needs a v8!Checkout this link before reading below.

Danny Lazic lol who needs a v8???

Zoki Todorovic danny you know v8 have the real horsepower its not

fake like these turbosAugust 3 at 6:20pm ·

Danny Lazic lol dunno how it's fake zok when at the end of the day the motors gotta be set up to handles the boost and that so it doesn't blow up, not fake man just smarter you could say it's cheating but at the end of the day it doesn't have 8cyl'sAugust 3 at 6:25pm ·

Zoki Todorovic just like i said danny v8 have raw horse power not induced like a turbo....imagine if u stuck one on a v8 it would be sik but not realTue at 8:39am ·

Danny Lazic and like I said zok when a 4 or 6cyl turbo can beat a v8 that just shows that the japs make their power smarter but how is it fake lol it's cheating I give you that but then on the other side it's either a 4 or a 6 so ur got 2 or 4 extra cylinders lol and you still lose as if that's not smarter, and like I said there's no point havin a v8 unless it's worked zokTue at 6:09pm ·

Zoki Todorovic cmon danny u know v8 are better the roar of a v8 cant beat that sound....not the hissing crap turbos do....secondly just to make ur turbo go hard u have to spend $5000++ where on most factory v8 they have the power already there if you spent that amount on a factory v8 it would fly and u know itTue at 7:35pm ·

Danny Lazic lol, hissing? maybe in the vl you had cum for a drive in mine mate nar I love both man but i wouldn't have a v8 for every day and it would have to be blown, it's the only wayWed at 5:17pm ·

Zoki Todorovic all turbos his when they start winding up its just the way it is...so why would u not have a v8 for every day couldnt handle the pwr maybe....lolWed at 7:12pm ·

Danny Lazic yeah right lol, mine doesn't his stock turbos especially on a vl whisle but bigger but the spool is louder wit more boost and bigger turbo's, 2. I would never have a v8 for everyday cos as I said it would have to blown so 1. it would guzzle to much and 2. imagine driving around in town with cams and shit lol copbaitttttttttttt lmao, dude we could ... Read Moreargue all year on this lol as I said I love both and don't forget I was in to v8's before turbos but I just like the fact that turbo's are underdogs and the fact that either a 4 or 6cyl turbo can beat an 8 is mad and just remeber you don't need an 8 to go quick it's a proven fact mate I got footage of skylines beating hayabusa's lolYesterday at 1:31am ·

Zoki Todorovic its not about being quiker its just that v8 are sheer grunt are stronger usually can produce more torque and sound awsome compared to turbos....its proven u can pump anything up artificually but once u do that they always brake down.....my thing is if its not from factory fast dont play with it too much u will have to always repair it.....i have yet to see a factory turbo come from factory real fast apart from maybe evo and the new skyline everything else does not have a chance against a v8Yesterday at 8:52am ·

Danny Lazic that's the thing u don't realise zok most turbo engines are the most tunable engines u can get and it's not just evo's there's also the gtr's and that's the thing they tame the turbo cars down so people buy their other models too not just 1 type, well the new gtr is way quicker than any ford or holden from factory including the wat is it vz 427w ... Read Moreand as for parts breakin down spose it depnds on wat it is but mate when it's nissan you wont have to touch ya diff or box until u start pullin 11's lol, hey findout out how much torque urs has? and also lets do an experiment, findout out wat is the quickest vz clubby and compare that with a skyline gts-t not gtr it's funny with v8's if they're so strong why does at least 1 always catch on fire in a burnout comp lmaoYesterday at 8:58pm · Delete

Edited by Killa_33

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What....the.....f**k....

You guys are both idiots.

lol thanks for your feedback, why are we both idiots? I'm just stating the facts and mate if you haven't got anything positive to say then your imput isn't welcome!

What is "fake power" ??

I want to know this as well :banana:

so according to this the Veryon with its 4 turbos are making a "fake" 1001hp? ;)

EDIT: turbo vs V8, its like if Japan & America whats to take over some island, the Japs will send in a bunch of Ninjas & assassinate all the island's locals & take over complete.

While America will just nuke the place & then march in.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

im with madbung,

R31Nismoid can you please sticky this thread,

so all the new members can read it and learn all "the facts" about the benifits of different cylinder arrangements and forced induction.

vital information here, good stuff

Edited by Kranker

why are we both idiots?

Because you both talk a lot of poo. Like, I don't think 2 flushes is going to clear that backlog.

I'm just stating the facts

Maybe in Need for Speed Underground, but not in the real world.

if you haven't got anything positive to say then your imput isn't welcome!

If you don't have the balls to handle the opinions of others, whether you like them or not, maybe you should re-evaluate your suitability for posting on an Internet forum.

If you want to make power, you just need to stuff as much air into a cylinder as you possibly can. The ultimate powerhouse is a large capacity forced induction engine. That way you get shitloads of compressed air to go bang. So to answer your first question, "both". To answer your second, no. Euro V12s make a shitload more power than V8s. And the most powerful production car engine in the world is a quad turbo W16.

V8s are just a mid-level engine. Better than your entry model 4 banger, but not the same as the superstar V12s or above.

Useless f***ing debate. Why post this shit up when you can go to supercars.net and just click on a thread for the same argument. These people are right; you are both idiots, as are all people arguing this bullshit. No country is "smarter" than the other based on the specification of cars they build for the friggen public...different setups for different applications. I can't believe you are trying to have a V8 vs turbo debate! Close thread!

P.S. Alan, that's still a generalisation on engines mate...don't even bother trying to answer stupid questions. Take the V12 out of an XJ12 and the 351 Cleveland out of a GTHO for example. There are way too many variables at hand to make statements like that.

Because you both talk a lot of poo. Like, I don't think 2 flushes is going to clear that backlog.

lol, well that's your opinion at the end of the day at least i'm sticking up for the jap cars and not just agreeing and sayin yeah man v8's are ultimate, f*k that mate when fast and furious came out I hated all turbo's and was the like the best car in that movie was the charger lol, but I didn't know anything bout turbo's but in time they grew on me and i've owner jap cars and still got 1 and love them!

If you don't have the balls to handle the opinions of others, whether you like them or not, maybe you should re-evaluate your suitability for posting on an Internet forum.

Mate it's got nothing to do with havin the balls ya hero, I didn't post this up to get insulted I posted this up to see other peoples different opinions in what they think is better between the two, that's fine you and any1 else can think we're cockheads or watever but at the end of the day I wanna know what the general people think is better beween the two, and the topic aint bout v12's it's bout turbo's vs v8's, and my whole point in this silly debate was that just because it's a v8 doesn't mean it can't be beaten by a 4 or 6cyl turbo or have the torque that a v8 does but as for the 2 I love them both and they're different

I beat you all Turbo Diesel engine, wrecks everything oil powered.

Electric motors on the other hand have limitless torgue and power.

Why was a 2 car class created for v8's?

Oh that's right they got wrecked by turbo vehicles......

Useless f***ing debate. Why post this shit up when you can go to supercars.net and just click on a thread for the same argument. These people are right; you are both idiots, as are all people arguing this bullshit. No country is "smarter" than the other based on the specification of cars they build for the friggen public...different setups for different applications. I can't believe you are trying to have a V8 vs turbo debate! Close thread!

lol so you ok with people saying turbo's are fake power compared to v8's?

Both types of engine have aspects that shit me, but I think a V8 turbo would be my choice something torquey to kick in before the boost through the top end :happy:

This is why the Typoons are good cars, torquey large capacity 6 + turbo

oh yeah, and fark that v8/turbo debate poo, honestly i've heard this argument so many times its annoying. both applications are effective in what they do.

personally i'd be having a chassis debate with your mate, i know who'd come out the winner there :happy:

Why draw the line at only V8's vs turbo cars ? Why not include V12's , rotaries, Diesels....Hell why not include a Jet engine as well........Really mate what is the point of this thread ?

its just like arguing Religion or Politics

There is no right or wrong - only personal preference

hi-tech 5.0 litre v8 twin turbo would win me, nice displacement, not farken ridiculous, but enough to hang some juicy snails off there with decent response
Im with you on this one :happy:

or one of these would be nice

Im with you on this one :happy:

or one of these would be nice

BRO my mate showed me this video back in the day and i've never been able to find it anywhere since!

u are a champ!

lol hows wheelspin in third, wasnt even trying

hows this vid, i wouldnt mind doing a similar conversion in my 32, would do nutso skids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_cRQhW7nj8