SAU Community

Turbo X-trail

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh funny you said that, the NISMO sticker came off today! lol

sorta got sick of it lol

might spray the cooler black but i think i like the look of it, might leave it as it. The cooler piping is black, not that you can see it behind the bumper anyway!

never really envisioned it to be a sleeper, but just the way things have turned out, it actually is. Thinking ill paint the mud guards back to black too, they're a bit "look at me".

Anymore suggestions for exterior/appearance mods?

ok time to talk power....

i know its a bit ambiguous, cos not many of you know much about the QR motor, but how much do you rekon ill make?

from the Sentra owners in the US (same motor) they usually make 300whp from 10psi, only tuned with an SAFC.

info:

2.5L 4cyl QR25DE

6800 rev limit

stock cams, stock motor

325hp T3 turbo

7psi

3" exhaust

EMS stinger standalone engine management

98 octane

I'm gonna call 260whp.

Edited by turbo x-trail

when its tuned, yes...

but atm, i cant drive it in boost so itd be a pretty gay/boring video!

ill do a video of a big pull, itll be tuned this time next week so ill post one up...

i cant get one of the dyno tuning cos i wont be there with it :blink:

but ill prob get another dyno run, just so ive got a video of it :D

Anymore suggestions for exterior/appearance mods?

Agree paint the guards black :) maybe super dark window tint on everything except the drivers and passenger side windows... I would have gone with black silicone hose in the engine bay too but thats just me...

Nice job, and hanging to see dyno figures.

Edited by MintR33

been thinking about wheels lately...

tyres arent a problem, i know i want at least 235mm width, and no smaller profile than 40%.

thinking along the lines of 18"s, but need some input on what sorta style wheels to go for...

im really confused, maybe some volk TE37 copies/drifteks/nismo LM GT4. something with large spokes and a fair bit of surface area, simplicity is the call for my car. 5/6 spokes max, no fiddly shit

drifttek_black.jpgte37TimeAttack.jpg

definitely in black though. i think black suits the look of my car, and id like a bit of dish too, but nothing huge...

anyone got any ideas? (pref. with pics)...

thanks.

yeh its hard to pick wheels for my car.

hes a red example of drifteks on an x-trail...

looks good but i think they would suit soooooo much better if it was lowered.

when the turbo kits done, ill invest in some TE37s or drifteks at the same time as my coilovers.

then ill slam it with the wheels = win (i think anyway...)

p1030914pu6.jpg

p1040009pl9.jpg

Update: Got a call from Hyperdrive today, apparently the EMS is out of date and needs to be sent to the eastern states for a software update.

But before they figured this out, Andrew said they had full ignition signal (which is what I was worried about), plus a working Stinger, but still needed the new software. So it proves you can use a Stinger on an X-Trail! :)

Gonna push the tuning back a few days, once the EMS gets back, its just a case of chucking it on the dyno and tuning it!

Lower, paint flaps and then finish with the new wheels. Should look great.

I have to say this is probably my favorite project on the site and i cant wait to see how much power it puts out.

My only worry being the handling, since my dad owned a 2003 (i think) x-trail, and haven driven it a fair bit, it really cant go around corners. To high and to much roll.