SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

If you can tell the difference with a relatively stock car when you add a rear strut brace then you're probably going as fast as possible already. Don't waste your money. Keep your eye out for some used semis, that's what I do and you get them for a fraction of the cost. People will tell you that they're nowhere near as good and blah blah but they're still better than most streets and will last much longer than streets when being driven in anger. Save your money for the coilovers (DO NOT buy second hand - I've seen that many stuffed used ones), get some used semi's and you will be paddocks quicker.

PS the driver training day will always be money well spent. You'll get faster and safer. I think we all could use a lesson.

The rear strut was recommended (no front) to help with the under steer as the Supra is very front heavy. Just going off other people's advice.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear strut was recommended (no front) to help with the under steer as the Supra is very front heavy. Just going off other people's advice.

id be looking at some swaybars. im going to get the whiteline ones. it will make your car sit flatter around the corners.

id be looking at some swaybars. im going to get the whiteline ones. it will make your car sit flatter around the corners.

Agreed. Rear swaybars do wonders for understeering cars, probably moreso than strut braces.

KezR33, driving tuition is a great spend for getting around quicker. I'd recommend some engine mods, but given you're N/A the smartest mod you can do IMO is a GTE conversion :P

Check out the suspension, but if you don't have the money to spend on coilovers I recommend replacing all your bushes for polyurethane and installing a big f*** off rear swaybar. Will give you some nice firm handling without even touching the springs/shocks, plus some oversteer to play around with. A set of grippy tyres is always good but they don't have to be expensive. You're going to fry them anyway so if you're on a budget perhaps look at some of the dry only street tyres. I remember a while ago a car magazine did a tyre test and the $100 Federal tyre performed right up there with the $300 tyres in the slalom/braking (it was f***ing pants in the wet though). Perhaps slap these on some shitty spare wheels and save them for DECA type events?

*steals some of Bec and Juz's popcorn and settles in*

I cant believe I got this far, all I wanted was some photos and the results :P

Some awesome photos there, Thanks to all for uploading!

Edited by NUTWGN

Let us introduce you to Troy.... He is KING.

Nothing compares. haha!

here here :P
TROY IS GOD!!

The question is not what did troy do? But what hasn't he done?

I think Troy should win Deca even though he is in India.

It is the least we could do! :huh:

In Honour of the Gate!!

TOTALLY AGREE

brisaward.jpg

A strut brace is not really a suspension component. If you are having understeer issues a strut brace is not going to fix it. Sure they have their place and they make suspension more tunable when you are trying to find that extra bees dick of perfomance but you will not notice the difference on a car with stock suspension.

Like someone said, you could get a thicker rear swaybar but I would be looking towards your front end and improving grip. Maybe some adjustable upper arms for a little camber may be enough and that's cheap.

ill be running semis.....mwwwaaaahahhaha

Did you see Roman's tyres? flatspotted snow tyres on the front, and half decent rubber on the rear :S

My aim is too have a TPS and brake pads by then... pads are yet to be ordered, TPS, well the wrong one was sent weeks ago, and the replacement was due down last week... So maybe by november, hopefully this year.(This is not my mechanics fault, solely the parts supplier who won't refund us, only replace)