SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mad pics Sarah!!

about the limiter bit, in November run a time were u dont hit limiter blah blah and have another run were u go off tap and ull see the difference....

deca is about fun and learning, i went there to have fun and learn the track a bit, so when i come to the november deca ill be ready to post some good times, and use Russels advise which i tried and worked good....bring on November

BIRDS have a look at this

Tell me what this man should have done from about the 24-30 second mark. If you think it would be quicker to change to second and then back to first then you're dreaming. If you put the clutch in you start to slow down, if you back off early you lose time. Please explain.

The other thing is that in a sub 30 second run of a motorkhana, the extra bit of heat you get in your tyres from a bit of wheel spin early may well be worth more time in grip than you lose initially. I don't know that it is but I bet you don't know that it isn't.

I think you've made some good points but perhaps you are basing too much of your theory on circuit racing. But even in circuit racing you have those moments where you just nudge your rev limiter a moment before your braking point where it is not worth going to the next gear. How do you handle these situations?

Well it looks like a seat is needed for the Silvia sooner than I thought. The back has torn away from the base bracket which explains why I could only sit in hectic VL turbo mode or literally hang off the steering wheel for the second half of the day lol

Made for some interesting driving :down:

Who's got a seat to suit an S13 they wanna sell me!

thanks for posting up the results, comparisons are nice.

just to throw some fuel on the fire, deca is fun, tyre's smoke, limiters bounce, and i'll see you all in november :D

i'm spewing i touched the hat as i parked on the mini wang :down: and i didn't realise scores were overall combined, not just the best run from each person

yawn. must b time for sleep

Well done Chris! Smashed it by a pretty big margin! Lot's of 50's there!

Thanks Ryan for letting me win RWD! :down: One day I'll beat you for real haha.

It doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile....... blah blah blah....

OMFG best wrap up thread eva.

BIRDS I think ive got the launch part sorted but may need some tips on the other stuff.

Well done to Chris, Russ, Russ, Dane and Ryan!!!!!

Bring on November and put me down in AWD :down:

I'm happy with that. Not any awesome results, but nothing terrible either.

Definately bring on next Nov. I was let down by my Mini and Long Wang times. I was a bit nervous about pushing the car on such high speed tracks, but the next time I think I'll give it a bit more stick.

Still can't believe a stock 110awkw auto Evo driven by someone who has never done anything like this before managed to pull such awesome scores. Now I see why people call Evo's cheats.

Great work guys..

Congrats to the winners... Chris & Russman..

Good to see Russell Gilder right up there, he was driving the pants of that thing...

Also I reckon the quite achiever of the day would have to be Dane Stokes...

He was putting around all day in that little STI just putting down some consistantly quick times...

Just missed out on the Outright Podium... good work...

Cheaters aside... :blush::(

the RWD boys/girls did a great job aswell.

I'm happy with my results too... as long as there is a Corona in the top 20 it is all good..

Sticking it to all you Modern Chassis / Modern suspension setup, plastic fantastics...

One day... One day Corona's will rule to world.........of Deca..

*waits for Ryan to pipe up* :laugh:

I'm happy with that. Not any awesome results, but nothing terrible either.

Definately bring on next Nov. I was let down by my Mini and Long Wang times. I was a bit nervous about pushing the car on such high speed tracks, but the next time I think I'll give it a bit more stick.

Still can't believe a stock 110awkw auto Evo driven by someone who has never done anything like this before managed to pull such awesome scores. Now I see why people call Evo's cheats.

Your long wang time would have been better if you didn't try and stop at the finishe line :blush:

Thanks Matt and Adz :(

Well done to all... except you Russ... 2 points! :blush: Haha nah, well done mate, nice driving! I can't believe I went right instead of left at the last cone on the first skidpan event... ahhhh woulda, coulda, shoulda :laugh:

But I'm even more in love with my car now after DECA. I'm so impressed with it for a stock car *hugs*