SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

Not cars fault, always driver's fault :)

Was only a small dink anyway, enough to spoil a day but nothing in terms of motorsport damage :)

I think that's what caught alot of people off guard Nick - the sharp turn straight after the hill on mini wang. Too much speed and you ended up snap oversteering or slamming on the brakes and going straight into the cones ;)

nah this is motorsport, never the drivers fault :(:)

gotta watch the surface on the mini wang, lots of gravel makes it really tricky... I'm new to ABS and last time I was there I failed to stop in the garage... twice :P

you gotta hold it flat over the hill on the mini wang otherwise your just not trying hard enough! lol

aaah... I hate missing deca

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah this is motorsport, never the drivers fault :(:)

gotta watch the surface on the mini wang, lots of gravel makes it really tricky... I'm new to ABS and last time I was there I failed to stop in the garage... twice :P

you gotta hold it flat over the hill on the mini wang otherwise your just not trying hard enough! lol

aaah... I hate missing deca

yeah me too!

By the looks of your sig you're back in action. You better be there in Nov. What about haunted hills?

yep but I've blown the motorsport budget for this year... so unless you can guarantee my wife I won't break my car I won't be there:(

I was thinking for the next deca I might offer to pay someones fuel/entry/accom for a drive of their car... might get one of the young blokes interested who are on a tight budget

We are planning a big trip next year so that's taking priority... looking at these threads doesn't make it easy though

yep but I've blown the motorsport budget for this year... so unless you can guarantee my wife I won't break my car I won't be there:down:

I was thinking for the next deca I might offer to pay someones fuel/entry/accom for a drive of their car... might get one of the young blokes interested who are on a tight budget

We are planning a big trip next year so that's taking priority... looking at these threads doesn't make it easy though

Hahahaha, your the last bloke that would want to be making that sort of guarantee.

Oh, Monday, the car sounded tops under the freeway.

yep but I've blown the motorsport budget for this year... so unless you can guarantee my wife I won't break my car I won't be there:(

How you drive largely determines that, so can YOU gaurantee your wife you will stay away from the limiter this time? :down:

If you are looking after it and it still fails then whatever it was that died was going to fail anyway, better at DECA than at Targa or something where you have paid a bomb to be there.

If you're flogging the guts out of it incessantly though then it's just a matter of time before something goes.

Come to DECA, don't drive beyond the limits of the car and you should be fine.

Also, give me a ride when you come in November :/

My one complaint about DECA was the unnecessarily high RPM launches some people made during the timed events...nothing but wheelspin for 15 metres = shit launch! And people sitting on the limiter on the skidpan, seemingly forgetting they have a clutch and a gearbox :down:

Come to DECA, don't drive beyond the limits of the car and you should be fine.

lol... ummmmm... yeah... I've never really been good at the whole 'sensible' thing... I'll leave that to 50yr old Porsche drivers... its a skidpan afterall... sure you can try to be 'fast' but failing that its just fun to be a bit stupid... I'm an expert at stupid :/

plus I actually like being married and aren't really ready for divorce yet... sad I know

Hightower: I was hoping it would throw a flame for you, best way to waste petrol... ever :down:

lol... ummmmm... yeah... I've never really been good at the whole 'sensible' thing... I'll leave that to 50yr old Porsche drivers... its a skidpan afterall... sure you can try to be 'fast' but failing that its just fun to be a bit stupid... I'm an expert at stupid :/

plus I actually like being married and aren't really ready for divorce yet... sad I know

Hightower: I was hoping it would throw a flame for you, best way to waste petrol... ever :down:

Bahaha, I've only just got a handle on this sensible thing in recent times (I even moved to driving an NA auto as a daily) so I hear ya.

You've picked my weakness - FLAMES!

DECA needs more flamige! If my cat wasn't so pretty I'd gut it... guess it's time for a decat pipe and some adjustments to the mix :P

My one complaint about DECA was the unnecessarily high RPM launches some people made during the timed events...nothing but wheelspin for 15 metres = shit launch! And people sitting on the limiter on the skidpan, seemingly forgetting they have a clutch and a gearbox :down:

Well some cars need the revs to make power. Also small amount of wheelspin generates heat which can help.

What's wrong with limiters haha.

Can anyone comment on how I was driving, with regards to treatment of the car and stupid launches (if anyone was paying attention)?

I know I hit the limiter quite a bit but that wasn't on purpose, I was so focused on the track that the limiter was usually the first signal that I needed to shift.

I'm not overly worried as I've heard NA 2JZ's are near impossible to pop, but then again I really can't afford anything major to go wrong either.

Well some cars need the revs to make power. Also small amount of wheelspin generates heat which can help.

What's wrong with limiters haha.

Thanks Russ, this is so true, without high RPM i find it very hard to get off the line without bogging down. Limiter is a very easy option to get off the line

My one complaint about DECA was the unnecessarily high RPM launches some people made during the timed events...nothing but wheelspin for 15 metres = shit launch! And people sitting on the limiter on the skidpan, seemingly forgetting they have a clutch and a gearbox :)

I try to stay in gear 1 through the track cause if im in 2nd and pull the handbrake around a turn i just get bogged down and waste time shifting into first.

My gearbox isnt too healthy and grinding it into 1st gear at high revs can only lead to troubles

Engine+tune is more than happy to bounce off the limiter :P

I try to stay in gear 1 through the track cause if im in 2nd and pull the handbrake around a turn i just get bogged down and waste time shifting into first.

My gearbox isnt too healthy and grinding it into 1st gear at high revs can only lead to troubles

Engine+tune is more than happy to bounce off the limiter :)

I wonder if that's why Chris (guy in the white automatic Evo) did so well. He could just slap the triptronic this way and that regardless of the revs.

Probably more to do with the fact he was in an Evo. :P

Engine+tune is more than happy to bounce off the limiter :P

Next time you're at the skidpan try and change into 1st while the car is sliding. I do it all the time around cones.

Grab the handbrake and as the rear wheels are not spinning fast selecting 1st gear is easy. Don't need to force it.