SAU Community

Aug Deca - Wrap Up

R31Nismoid

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. I think the only point where I made that much smoke the first run through the long wang. I saw the finish sign as I was doing about 80kph and didn't realize it was a flying finish, so I mashed the brakes and then the tires in the process.

Very cool photos though!

What a MASSIVE weekend it was.

Huge Thanks to all the volenteers and timers and everybody who helped out at all through the day, with out these ppl we would not be able to run these days.

Its always good to see new faces out there and of coarse the fimiliar ones too.

I thought the day ran really well after some early confussion.

Big appluse for Ryan bec and Crossy for there super human efforts as always.

On a personal side , weekend could have gone better having broken a driveshaft on testing on friday, then driving back to melb at like 6pm to fix the car , only to find the tailshaft was bend AGAIN!!! and that the gearbox is not happy either.

So we patched it up with what we had and loaded the car up again at about 11,30. and then drove all the way back to shep , hitting the sack about 3.30.

But hey .........thats racing

Thanks to all the photographers , expecially Big bird, you rock as always. will speak to you soon about buying some shots off you.

Looking forward to november ,

might put some decent rubber on and try to push the clock, NO promises tho.....

Cheers

Tim,

Jarrod, they're awesome. You even got heaps of my little carsy prior to stacking. I'm kinda sad looking at them. Oh well, can only make it look like that again :D

sorry to hear that you damaged it... where did you come off? I've had a few clenching moments at deca over the years but never hit anything

sorry to hear that you damaged it... where did you come off? I've had a few clenching moments at deca over the years but never hit anything

Long Wang bites again.

It was on the sweeper.

I don't mean to sound insensitive coz I know what it's like to smash a car on the track, but did anyone check if the pole was ok? If it was damaged I should contact Powercor coz they may want to inspect it.

I work for Powercor and they often find that poles fail after a car crash although this one wasn't big.

Probably not a problem, just asking.

were you running anti-clockwise? so the pole on the corner exit? clearly the cars fault, bloody fwd power understeer!

scariest deca moment for me was going over the hill on the mini wang backwards... too much throttle exiting the mini sweeper... fun times:)

Not cars fault, always driver's fault :(

Was only a small dink anyway, enough to spoil a day but nothing in terms of motorsport damage :)

I think that's what caught alot of people off guard Nick - the sharp turn straight after the hill on mini wang. Too much speed and you ended up snap oversteering or slamming on the brakes and going straight into the cones :P