SAU Community

Project Mu Racing Spec Brakes Setup

Not true, I was actually looking at a brand new Endless BBK set-up costing USD$6k, just for my own looks and enjoyment. I definitely wouldn't be constantly tracking, but would enjoy the stopping power on the street. Of course, I can't afford it, and can only dream.

I disagree that you have to be nuts to buy expensive BBK and not go tracking. Firstly, expensive is a relative word. Secondly, BBK IMO looks f'n great. No head-turning car looks complete without a massive, striking set of BBKs.

So to each his own, these Project mUs are beautiful, matches Kareem's V35 body paint and hope it gets a nice new owner!

alan. sounds like you have something personal against me

I've got nothing against you personally. Hence why I'm talking more about the car and the suitability of engineering mods for your intended purpose. What I said about you is comparing what you said the brakes were for "better performance" vs what happens in reality

I would have replied a lot earlier, and a lot more often, than I did if I was gunning for you.

For example your paint scheme isn't my cup of tea (I much preferred the look of your car at the Mu Secret opening when it was still black, and that front bar you had on at the time) but hey, that's a purely aesthetic mod and that's up to a person's tastes. Hence why I don't go into any of your picture threads and comment about the paint or kit.

Brakes are a mechanical mod, and so they can be measured against objective engineering criteria.

Anyway, all this free thread bumping should keep it up there without you getting in trouble for it. I hope both the brakes and your car sold at the price you wanted. I'm sure your new car will be just as lavish as this one.

Well i can vouch on how they stop on the street! very good!! as ive been in the car and felt it myself

No doubt. But how much better does the car stop compared to stock? Considering the fact that the stock non-Brembos can trigger the ABS with RT215s on the street if you hit them fast enough, the stock brakes already provide more than enough braking force on a single panic stop.

One of my mates had a 350Z with a 355mm AP Racing kit. With twin turbos and full slicks he ran consistent 1:06s around Wakefield Park in 15 minute sessions, and couldn't get them to fade out with that much power and that much grip. The brakes cost around 2/3 the cost of these, and even though greater demands were made of them than this setup they still did the job.

just because he is selling the car doesnt mean he doesnt love it, just time to move on!

Maybe my definition of "love" is different to yours, but if I truly loved something I wouldn't let it go unless I absolutely had to. You don't "move on" from love. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the object of that love in its best interests, which is the only reason to part with something you truly love.

or do u buy rays engineering wheels just for the look and not the quality of the wheel and weight, sizes etc??

No, I bought Volk wheels because of the quality of the wheel. Because I drive my car the way the manufacturer intended. Buying something purely for the looks isn't my cup of tea, as most people who know me will vouch for. If I did, I wouldn't spend big money on it.

The looks of my wheels were still important, but secondary. I was originally going to run the stock wheels on the track but then, from a technical perspective, I thought it was weaksauce to run lightweight strong wheels on the street and stockers on the track so I spent up and bought a second set of RAYS wheels for track use. I don't particularly like the look of those second wheels on my car, but then I bought them for their performance.

If I was buying something "just for the look" I'd go buy a massive big brake kit but then never use them hard enough to make use of the increased swept area and thermal capacity over the stock items that provide the same effective decelerative power since tyres are the limiting factor for stopping on the road.

yepz, thats ryt .. .. this is so so just to prove the size of my wallet ay ... if you got the money y not have the best for your ride & for your safety too ... i don't need to track my car HARD to have big brakes, for ppl to write stuff like "... or just wanna show off the size of their wallet" dun be a hater just coz ur a lo baller / jealous bloke that cnt afford them, if u gota problem with my topic .. just stay away from it ! Im passionate about my V & will spend as much as i can afford on it.

:down: ... sensitive.

Not jealous (of what?), nor a hater (what for?) bud, just a smartarse and no, I can't afford them... but that does not bother me in the slightest.

So I am a Low baller? Have I made you an offer??

Maybe I should so I can live up the name!

No problem with your topic either... not my forum, so it's not for me to decide who says what and what goes where.

Edited by iamhe77

at the end of the day this thread is not an open thread about peoples different oppinion on mods. its a thread about selling some brakes.

gl with the sale man, seen u car in hot4's a while back, nice work, that's what got me looking twice at v35's.