SAU Community

Im240 Emissions Test

Blinky101

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we're all catching the bus, to avoid stickers, until that DPI statement is released :D

Driving the 1984 small block chev powered Nissan Patrol running a 600 holley (jetted by me) / ski boat profiled cam shaft on 91 octone unleaded and no cat. Blows the biggest flames and shot gun sounding pops on over run from its meter long side pipe you will ever hear or see :)

Driving the 1984 small block chev powered Nissan Patrol running a 600 holley (jetted by me) / ski boat profiled cam shaft on 91 octone unleaded and no cat. Blows the biggest flames and shot gun sounding pops on over run from its meter long side pipe you will ever hear or see :banana:

Pics or video please :P

i don't mind taking one for the team, just need to get a yellow. :domokun:

In reality thou i shouldnt have to do an emissions test. It's pre 86 and the chev is supposed to be running on leaded fuel. Not my fault you cant buy it anymore.

Funny one day my daughter was following behind in her mums car and she asked "why is dads car on fire?" I'm sure the reply she got from the ex would have been something along the lines of "because your dad is an idiot" :banana:

Anyway i like it as it draws attention away from sports imports and puts it on SUV owners. Women in there Urban Assault Vehilces IMO are more of a hazard than me in my skyline.

i don't mind taking one for the team, just need to get a yellow. :domokun:

In reality thou i shouldnt have to do an emissions test. It's pre 86 and the chev is supposed to be running on leaded fuel. Not my fault you cant buy it anymore.

Funny one day my daughter was following behind in her mums car and she asked "why is dads car on fire?" I'm sure the reply she got from the ex would have been something along the lines of "because your dad is an idiot" :banana:

Anyway i like it as it draws attention away from sports imports and puts it on SUV owners. Women in there Urban Assault Vehilces IMO are more of a hazard than me in my skyline.

i recently registered a 1978 Mercury Marquis Brougham first rego from importation .

Engineer sad it did not need im240 so i took it to pits and it passed easy

only prob was it had to have catalytic converters installed (400 Windsor running unleaded)

No testing facilities for 4wd's ay, will we all be up/downgrading to gtr's and rex's? ;)

the new stupid licensing rules they brought in are restricting me to take 3 hours of public transport a day to get to work rather then an hour drive...

A smart thing to do would be for the government to provide a few TAFE colleges with the equipment to do the tests then we could get it done for a very minimal fee, give some education to the students and get that stupid tick that the coppers are looking for on that sheet :(

That is actually a really good idea.

Then the government could benefit more from the cost of the testing every time a copper pulls out the Work Order book. And we as the driving public could benefit from the cheaper rates. They could also incorporate pit inspections and other pit related functions while teaching the next generation of drivers how a "Safe Car" should be. It would in a way be helping the battle against "Hoon Behaviour" by educating kids when they are young on why these things are illegal and unsafe.

Brilliant, now all we need is the DPI, and Local Government to endorse it and claim it as their idea and we are set.

Blinky

got a bit off bad news today. have a mate trying to get outta a emissions test and had a phone call from the workshop doing it for him. he was told that he will have to do it and the testing will be carried out for another 6 months until this bill goes to parliament to get sorted out :). im not 100% on this as it is third hand but pretty sure of it. anyone else heard anything

I'd be getting the descision from the horses mouth as opposed to a workshop that is making money from the test

this workshop is not doing the emissions test, it was a workshop he took it to to get the sticker off