SAU Community

Adm R35 Does 10.8 @127mph

09GTR

What a night at WSID. My spark plugs gave up the ghost pretty much at the beginning of the night, meaning the car was missing quite a bit down the strip. Combine that with some novice launches early on and its fair to say I had some challenges to overcome. But a 10.8 pass at 127 mph with the car still missing badly was a great return for the night.

reaction time .295

60 foot 1.712

Next steps are new spark plugs, injectors and the full Cobb tune. Then we'll be in business!

Paul,

Congrats on the great time considering there is heaps more to come out of the car.

Spark plug issue was a minor distraction with a few light misfires at maximum torque only.

This was mainly due to the fact that the car had been previously circuit raced for a full day,

which wears the plugs out prematurely, especially at the power level the cars at.

A fresh set of plugs are on their way as are other goodies for your car.

10.8 @ 127mph has got to be some sort of record for an R35 GTR in Oz?

Does anybody know if any other R35's have run a 10 & if so who?

Congrats on the time, are you now banned from the track, are you going back?

Last week i ran 11.1@125mph (at WSID) mods were mid pipe and AP tune (everything else stock, inculding wheels and tyres - bridgestones).

I might go out next week with some better/lighter wheels and tyres to see if i can get a "10"..

Congrats on the time, are you now banned from the track, are you going back?

Last week i ran 11.1@125mph (at WSID) mods were mid pipe and AP tune (everything else stock, inculding wheels and tyres - bridgestones).

I might go out next week with some better/lighter wheels and tyres to see if i can get a "10"..

Thanks Duncan, I was politely asked to leave the premises after that run. I will certainly be back. I suspect there is a low ten in this car with bigger injectors, fresh spark plugs, and full tune.

There was no wheel spin to speak of, just a short chirp when I nailed the launch.

Let me know when you are going out - I might tag along.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Duncan, I was politely asked to leave the premises after that run. I will certainly be back. I suspect there is a low ten in this car with bigger injectors, fresh spark plugs, and full tune.

There was no wheel spin to speak of, just a short chirp when I nailed the launch.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, are you putting a cage in it?

Paul, are you putting a cage in it?

My long term plan for the car might involve a cage, but at this stage the car is my daily drive complete with baby seats for my two young boys, so I'll keep as is!

Cheers

Paul

Well done, mate.

Why did they ask you to leave?

Well done, mate.

Why did they ask you to leave?

If you crack a sub 11 second pass you have to go and put cages and stuff in your car. That regulation must assume that a ten second car is capable of leaving its lane...reality is this thing could probably crack a nine second pass and hardly spin the wheels.