SAU Community

Help Identifying Parts

victor71

post-66116-1252326047_thumb.jpg today i had a look at my engine and i noticed a hose was split from the throttle body to some black thing can someone tell me what this is and also the silver thing below it thanks. also with that hose just get it replaced hey? also some blue kinda stuff was on my engine cover? is this aircon or what is it? please help!

The "black thing" is the charcoal canister - designed to absorb petrol fumes. Part of the anti-pollution gear, so has to be there.

And get a filter for the AFM - unless you are planning on an in-situ cylinder hone.

Black cylinder is carbon canister as already mentioned. There should be 2 hoses going to the top round 'cap' looking thing, and one that goes from the side that heads down somewhere and joins on to a metal pipe next to the radiator.

The silver round 'hole' (about 3 inches across or close) is part of your air intake, basically there should be an airbox/pod filter connected onto that spot. It looks like it already has the AFM on there? But I could be wrong.