SAU Community

Help Reaching 400kw On Gt35r

Jap_Muscle

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to buld a 400rwkw car on a tight budget? :(

Unfortunately money does almost need to grow on some tree's if you want to build such a setup...

As you have seen buying a cheap I/C core could well be your issue here... could be something else, that's the fun of a 400rwkw setup - it takes time AND money.

Where are you referring to ?

There is more than one company in the land of Oz that makes I/C cores you know... :huh:

:)

• 1 year later...

Long ur for a update but here it is

Intercooler pressure drop - <2psi

Exhaust back pressure = < 1psi to redline on load

ValveSprings replaced with brand new ones

Seems like all was fine however we found that the cas does need to be replaced. The timing and injectors are a bit off and after a stab of the throttle there is misfiring.

Thoughts?

Will check back when that's done. Any advice in the meantime will be great.

Edited by Jap_Muscle

• 2 weeks later...

Told you there was setup issues mate.

Glad to hear you finally got around to sorting it out, rather simple in the end :thumbsup:

its a great feeling after its all been resolved. it be good to see what we can do with e85 now.

what was the issue the cas was doing?

From what i understand, the back of the cas was actually being stripped away by something. The actual thread was completely gone. My mech said it possibly could have been due to the fact that the old cas didnt have any spacers. Because of this it was giving incorrect readings to the cam timing which caused all types of dramas.

hope that helps.

Im pretty sure It gets stripped away by the 4 bolts holding the camgear on. If you bolt up the cas with no timing case it doesnt have enough clearance. I think from memory its around the 3-3.5mm mark it needs to be spaced out.

Im pretty sure It gets stripped away by the 4 bolts holding the camgear on. If you bolt up the cas with no timing case it doesnt have enough clearance. I think from memory its around the 3-3.5mm mark it needs to be spaced out.

Good to know mate, ill remmember this if it ever comes up again.