SAU Community

Cop Who Got The Law Wrong!

arbess

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have been done for exactly the same thing in my boonga magna.

was the first day after i had replaced all the front suspension and had it on the road after roadworthy.

new sticker was coming in the mail.

cost me $65 and made me late for my new job.

Although my fiance argued i didn't because i lied about how long i was a resident on qld from sa w/o changing over my license. $65 is better than being locked up

but i couldn't believe he spotted an expired sticker from a mile away - must have been the day to lok out for that sort of thing.

i did plea that i was new to the state and the laws are different with regard to stickers, but didn't really care...

Are you serious?

You expect each individual cop to remember every individual law and never get it wrong?

I dont personally expect every cop to know every law.

I do expect them to know how to correctly apply the law in any situation + a little bit of common dog sense <-- that part some lack.

I don't mind paying $80 if i was breaking the law - thats only fair, everyone else follows the law, why shouldnt I. (keke that is so understated even for me LOL)

To bring your comment to relativity to this situation, the cop spent like 10 mins checking it all out on the computer - so assuming he had the legislation infront of him, he should of known better.

Drum roll please.....

and the winner is.....

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOT!

I received a letter in the mail stating that the infringement has been withdrawn where no payment is required.

May this thread be an example of how the law works both ways and that we should all know our rights. Of course I strongly recommend not to approach the situations with arrogance nor speak to any public servant with stupidity - i.e. don't implicate yourself any more than what is at hand.

ME FTW!!!!! WINNNNNAAAHHH!

peace.

Edited by arbess

I dont personally expect every cop to know every law.

I do expect them to know how to correctly apply the law in any situation + a little bit of common dog sense <-- that part some lack.

I don't mind paying $80 if i was breaking the law - thats only fair, everyone else follows the law, why shouldnt I. (keke that is so understated even for me LOL)

To bring your comment to relativity to this situation, the cop spent like 10 mins checking it all out on the computer - so assuming he had the legislation infront of him, he should of known better.

They don't have the legislation in their car - they have a funky book that's so limited its not funny.

They do however have a phone number they can ring to clarify situations. Maybe he called it and they told him to book ya?

Some cops are a PITA (I deal with them more often than most) but when they make an honest mistake then it's a bit meh - it's a pita but nothing to get worked up over. I know you didn't get worked up at all, you handled it well, but some of the posters in this thread seemed to get more pissed off than you did ;)

Grats on getting off though.

They don't have the legislation in their car - they have a funky book that's so limited its not funny.

They do however have a phone number they can ring to clarify situations. Maybe he called it and they told him to book ya?

Some cops are a PITA (I deal with them more often than most) but when they make an honest mistake then it's a bit meh - it's a pita but nothing to get worked up over. I know you didn't get worked up at all, you handled it well, but some of the posters in this thread seemed to get more pissed off than you did :)

Grats on getting off though.

My son of rajab,

I didnt know about the book - i reckon i could fit more legislation on my iPhone than in their car in books haha. Sounds about right with the phone-a-friend hotline they have - possibly why they detained me for 10 glorious minutes.

Yes SOME officers are a PITA and they are a minority - which sadly enough a portion of society will make judgement on that.

Im glad (in presumption) that you took this post as an informative topic - which i encourage others to do so as well.

"i gawt da po po off mah a$$" - lol