SAU Community

Guilt-toy In Georgia (former Soviet Union)

yeah there is no way it's a 3:2 diff. that would give you about 150km/h+ in first gear!! top speed would be like 500km/h...

32 GTR is 4.111:1 which is pretty good. 33 GTR is the same. 34 GTR is different (due to 6 speed getrag box) and is like 3.5:1 from memory. still miles away from 3:2 (1.5:1).

I can't remember what 33 GTST is but it's either 4.111:1 or 4.375:1 (not a massive difference between them but it is noticeable).

maybe yours has a 34 GTR diff ratio in it but I've no idea why anyone would do that. they are horrible with a 32/33 box. even with a 34 getrag they are a little tall for my liking.

best bet is pull it out and see what it is. ratio will be stamped on it, or at wortst count the teeth on crown wheel and pinion and divide to get the ratio (eg 4.375:1 diff has 35 teeth on crownwheel and 8 on pinion making it 35:8 which is 4.375:1) 32 GTR should be 37:9 - 4.111:1.

yeah there is no way it's a 3:2 diff. that would give you about 150km/h+ in first gear!! top speed would be like 500km/h...

just to be clear, you are joking right?

33 gtst is definately 4.11 for manuals, 4.375 is the 32 gtst manual ratio, same as 20det hr31s

just to be clear, you are joking right?

33 gtst is definately 4.11 for manuals, 4.375 is the 32 gtst manual ratio, same as 20det hr31s

You misread what he said (assuming you're replying to the part you quoted). 3:2 ratio. As in THREE-TO-TWO, or as he clarified 1.5:1

given R33 GTS-T is 4.11:1 that ratio would be STUPID. lol.

ahh well he did keep saying 3.2 so yeah maybe he means 3.2:1 not 3:2? I guess that makes more sense as he talks about 4.11 and 3.2 in the same post:

its crazy, the gtr rear end 3.2 ratio makes the car torque crazy, i want to change the ratio back to 4.11 though. can i just remove the parts from my gtst diff and convert them over to the gtr diff to steal the 3.2 ratio? anyone know? its has a R32 gtr diff.

but I've still not heard of any skyline with a 3.2:1 (or a 3:2) diff in it? or any comparable nissan for that matter. 3.6:1 yeah but never heard of 3.2:1. either way they are crazy tall. the 3.6:1 in the 34 GTR is already on the tall side with the getrag but it's stupid tall with a 5 speed GTST/GTR box in front of it.

anyway I'm sure guiltoy will clarify.

the car is tall as f**k... I am sure it feels much much different to the old r33 gtst which had 4.11

more news, just got my hands on a pretty decent R33 GTR. :) 1996

Is the GTR legal and rego'd there? Does your life consist of working on customer cars, then working on your own projects? Seems OK to me.

Yeah my life atm is just tuning. I talk to customers and give them advice on what to buy and prices for tuning etc... I get 1 day a week off only.. but work is fun so its good.

its not legal, its a RHD un touched GTR with a broken engine, the rev limit seemed to be removed somehow.... and the guy just kept breaking engines.

I should really send this back home.. how much does it cost to compliance a 33 gtr?

I tuned a Nissan Patrol last night, 770hp at wheels on.. *pump gas* pump gas.. wtf??? its got a gt47 on it.

I have a new saying... The limits your hear about on pump gas are for the ones who listen.

compliance in NSW for your 33 approx $2500 mate.

770hp is noice in a patrol. still not quite my cup of tea but they are nuts.

hey, E85 is 'pump gas' these days and plenty of power to be made on that. :)

Not quite Georgia or anywhere around you GT, but thought I'd put up that I saw here in Estonia a black R33 GTS-T converted to LHD. Was interesting thing to see, especially since from a distance it at least appeared to have a legitimate dash and not some random hack job

Beer Baron

if a car gets imported without the engine number and paint code plate in the engine bay can it still be customed and complied?

does it still have chassis number engraved on the firewall? build plate missing is probably ok, but will need the chassis number to be still engraved on the firewall.

if both are missing it can be a tough task.

yeah, it does have the plate with chassis number and its still on firewall i believe.. I will have to check again.

Its just the build plate with engine number and paint code etc that was removed in japan before it was exported here.