SAU Community

Guilt-toy In Georgia (former Soviet Union)

cheers guys...

Yeah this is by no doubt the best track in the world. the best thing was when i ran my 10, there was only 4 cars racing that night... I would do a run, and then come back and was ready to go again.... There was 3 r35 gtr's and me.

Then later one of my customers brings down his Mercedes SLS F1 deal and runs that, doing 11.8's and his mate's Porsche which was doing similar times but that was after I ran my 10 and stopped racing for the night.

It would be worth sending your car over here for 3 months during the winter here and fly over race and then send it back home.

Going to change some things and see what is the best time i can get with the GT35r before I go to something bigger :)

post-1240-0-13029400-1297950184_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-03814400-1297950211_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Arabs way of thinking....

RB's are shit. put a 2j in it. I want to buy another skyline but i cannot find a good one with a RB engine :(, its bullshit.. Turbo is on wrong side and even steering wheel is on wrong side!! someone kill me!

They can't tune RB's and keep destroying them so they "just put a tuuuuu jaaay, hulaaas"

makes me angry, but i am starting to get some customers who want to keep the RB these days, i try to explain to them that putting a toyota engine in a skyline is haraam, "like eating pork" and they look at me funny :)

Check these pictures out....

PS. All the skylines at the pro drag event had 2j's, NOT EVEN 1 had a RB. Here are some pictures of them, ohhh and they are ALL RWD with GTR rear ends.

they are doing low 8's to mid 8's

post-1240-0-42847100-1301437362_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-27606600-1301437497_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-40657900-1301437562_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-40657900-1301437562_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-98684100-1301437691_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-30435300-1301437762_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-97246700-1301437818_thumb.jpgpost-1240-0-63619500-1301437926_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-68388700-1301437986_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-26502600-1301438126_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-90629800-1301438267_thumb.jpg post-1240-0-81272500-1301438283_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-34815400-1301437627_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-61821300-1301438177_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-27395700-1301438195_thumb.jpg

post-1240-0-80602200-1301438224_thumb.jpg

If one was to buy a drag car from over there how much do you think an r32 and r34 2jz drag car would sell for over there? and also how much does it cost to ship a car from there to aus?

not too sure... not really interested that much in them to ask, but I have been trying to convince the boss to build a RB powered 4wd 32 gtr and kick all their arses... It would be the only 4wd in its class... want me to ask around for you? it would cost less then $3000 to send the car.

Simonr32: yeah i did agree with that at first, but when you see these guys in action they go pretty damn fast! its not their fault their tuners / workshops cannot build RB's for shit, they are really cool guys the locals... they just want to go fast and they do it well with the 2jz, the biggest issue here is that they have a love affair with putting the foot flat to floor when in nutral and smash the rev limiter to make big cut off bang noises and they love to make noise when changing gears when hitting the rev limiter its a HUGE thing here.

I have seen soooo many naturally aspirated Nissan Patrols with Motec M600's or autronics (most popular ecu) and there are many many microtech's and haltech's as well just so they can program the car to have a smashing rev limiter, soo many times the guys come to me and ask "if i buy a motec can you make me bang bang" Yeah sure I can, thats 24,000 DHS (about 7000$) thanks and they pay it just so they can make the bang bang pop pop bang noise like everyone else!

The other day i just tuned a car, and he was outside the dyno room with foot flat to floor for 15 seconds at a time, after the 10th time i went out there and said "i can show you a quicker way to f**k your engine" the dude could not even speak english or understand what i said lol

There was a RB powered r33 gtst drift car at the last drift event i went to, I WAS SHOCKED.

Was talking to some guys the other day, the whole Yas marina motorsport complex (its huge, the F1 track and the drag strip and go kart track and Ferarri World etc) they have a WHOLE Top Fueler team, one of the huge semi's when i went inside there was 5 spare 8000hp engines sitting in that truck and it costs the Abu Dhabi city SOOO much money every year, they pretty much built it just for the locals to have fun and for the F1 / V8 supercars and anything else they can bring here for tourism, they had Formular Drift here last month, Mad Mike was here drifting the Red Bull RX8.

They even bought 5% of Ferarri!!! Richest city in the world and they are not shy to spend it on Motorsport, I was at Yas Island today inside the motorsport arena (my boss works there) and its just beutifull inside you do not even think for a second that your in the middle of the desert.

Just think, all the money you pay for fuel is going for a good cause... SO these guys can have the best drag strip and race track in the world for them to visit and use when they feel like it :)

You should buy like a hundred Bee-R rev limiters and sell them for $1000 a pop :)

Bulk profit!!!

E85 sucks balls for bangs and flames :(

Blue flames only work in the dark. :)

I hope you didn't tell them you were pushing ethanol over here Guilt-toy... :ninja:

They tried the Bee-R's.. they do not work too good on the patrols and land cruisers.

Whats the point buying ethanol here, the price of VP Racing Q16 or C16 is cheap here, there are 2 barrels of it at work here and my boss said i can use it if i want, I allready spent 1 barrel, well now i have to tip it on its side so the sucker thing can reach :)

The price of fuel for 98 octane is about 45c a litre here in UAE, in Saudi Arabia it is HALF the price then here whats the point of making ethanol if we can just use race gas and its probably going to be cheaper anyway?

Its just another world here.... I am going to the north of UAE soon to see the Jap import tuner scene... Il try and keep this thread a bit more active with insane shit :)

well I guess if they are all converting to LHD the 2JZ makes some sense as a LHD RB26 set-up might struggle for room on the (new) drivers side.

yeah definitely build a jap style 32 GTR mate. maybe even go RB30/26 (i know they love cubes), or do it old school, RB26, 11,000rpm limiter, BIG twins (like twin 3037s), and go for it!

yeah, 26's are cheap here so i was thinking about taking out my rb30 and turning it into a 26/30 for a drag car then just drop a stock rb26 in my car.

Right now I just want to build a v8 drift silvia or something, not going to attempt a drag car right now but we already have a r32 gtst with a 2jz thats at the point shop which is supposed to be the workshops drag car, i have never seen it but they say it exists :)

Yes there are police and they are mostly strict on sound and loud cars, but if you have a sports car like a ferarri or lambo or skyline or supra or something they think because its a sports car it is alowed to be loud and they dont really f**k you up so bad.

The freeways are amazing, each direction can have up to 8 lanes each, i swear you could drive 400km/h on these roads but there is a speed camera every 5 minutes on the Abu Dhabi to Dubai highway.

Here the speed limit is 120, but in the Abu Dhabi area the speed camera's dont go off unless your going over 160, and in Dubai its 140. So everyone is doing 150 or 130 depending where they are.

Also the fines work very different, if you get snapped by a speed camera then you wont get the fine or have to pay anything untill your rego is due the next year, so these guys call it "tax"

They pretty much drive as fast as they like and ignore speed camera's most of the time, and when the time comes to pay rego they have a choice, pay the money up front, or the car can go to "jail" for a few months depending how much money you owe.

So these guys usually have no car for 1 or 2 months a year and have to pay about $5,000 - $50,000 in fines when rego comes around, alot of the time if the car is not worth as much as the fines they have to pay then they just leave the car with the police impound and buy another one!!

On new years were were going somewhere, my boss was driving and we were sitting on 220 for about a hour non stop, there was about 6 or 7 flash's that i can remember, when a flash comes they will notice it and say "ohh damn ohh f**k" slow down for 1 minute then they are doing 220 again just in time for the next speed camera snap?

Its different i tell ya