SAU Community

Stolen Skyline

smidy

help me anyone please....i have had my skyline stolen over the weekend from cheveron island it is a r33 gts-t series 2 very standard looking. has a front mount intercooler steath style system fitted and uses the standard intercooler pipes that are factory fitted for the side mount, has a 3"mandrel bent mild steel exhaust with a cannon, no mags just the standard alloys no suspension just standard. $22 ebay boost controller, k & N air filter, crack in front bar right down the bottom of passenger side below opening under fog lights that has been repaired with a smearing of sicaflex over it and an aluminium plate on the inside of moulding. on the drivers side door the vinyl is split and also the moulding where the elbow rest is. there is a boost gauge fitted to the steering colomn on the top side and a g-reedy turbo timer fitted near your left knee when sitting in the drivers seat. there is also a sticker on the back windscreen "clarence coast blinds" and a phone number if it has not been removed. engine no. is:RB25170565A,

VIN no: 6U9000ECR33113213 has approxmately 111,000km's on the odometer 5speed manual. any info would be very very appreciated, call me on 0411490874 or reply to post. the police have been informed and have flagged the vehicle. thank you for reading and hope to find out who stole it soon!!!

i guess never coz another liner was stolen from nsw yesterday and same thing applied with him

people will never learn an imobaliser cost $150 to $300 max, there a good investment and with most insuarances they wont insure you if you dont have one !

hope you get the car back nice and safe

Sorry to hear mate, I know your pain :blink:

alarm ? immobiliser ? seriously when will people learn..

What a wanker. Mine was stolen a couple of months ago with alarm, immobiliser etc - there are clearly some pretty clued up car theives out there. Am sure this guy doesn't need a further kick in the guts!

yes i had a skyline knocked off last year. I had alarm, immobliser etc etc In the end the skyline was found stripped in the back yard of the person who installed my alarm system! So in some instances its a waste of time and money having an alarm! if there is someone smart enough out there to get past it then there guna do it weather its to you or somebody else. where just the unlucky victims. Most likerly because our Skyline's stood out in the carpark!

JUST CAR is who i am through with insurance. Full cover its roughly $2500, i myself am a P-Plater which is why its so expensive.

But they cover you for all your mods. You dont even have to ring them an update if you further mod your car. they except photos of the mods or receipts to proove you arnt ripping them off

yeah got immobilser/alarm for insurance purposes. My mates an auto electrician and when i was having problems with the immobiliser not disarming he had it going in like 2 minutes....

you would get one for insurance purposes definately, but it seems anyone with simple know how can get past it regardless...

no worries mate! I would say JUST CAR would be most likerly less than 1400 because your over 25 yrs. plus they support all mods that are legal in your state. where as gio wouldnt im guesing.

Just Car does require at minimum an alarm system to be installed though. but it doesnt matter what model type there not concerned just as long as you got 1 of some sort

Sorry to hear mate, I know your pain :blink:

What a wanker. Mine was stolen a couple of months ago with alarm, immobiliser etc - there are clearly some pretty clued up car theives out there. Am sure this guy doesn't need a further kick in the guts!

It helps if you switch it ON...or not use a $150 one that every kid knows how to disarm. All black wiring Autowatch is about $400 installed. I wanna see someone crack one of those in under 2-3 hours (without anyone spotting them)

But on a more serious note, if you live in an area known for car thefts and other petty crimes, don't leave the car parked on the street or a tilttray truck may come and pick it up regardless of immobiliser.

Blame anyone you want, but I'm shopping for a new apartment right now and I've had to skip over a few great places because either 1) they don't have a lockup garage or 2) have a carspace only accessible by anyone I could have saved tons of money and got myself a nice cheap apartment with street/carspace parking but then I'd be here soon whining how someone stole my skyline.

At least you were insured, count yourself lucky.

Best way to protect from some one stealing the car is installing a $5 switch off of the fuel pump. Lengthen the wires and hide it some where that isn't too obvious. Car won't go no where with out them finding that switch.

Doesn't protect from some one putting it on a truck or something though.

Edited by PM-R33

whacky dee- drop off mate you are obviously the best in the world so we don't need to hear from you and your hero stories and bullshit remarks!!! and i don't live where it was stolen my sister does i was in melbourne as best man at my mates wedding and hoped not to be unlucky!!!

It helps if you switch it ON...or not use a $150 one that every kid knows how to disarm. All black wiring Autowatch is about $400 installed. I wanna see someone crack one of those in under 2-3 hours (without anyone spotting them)

Mine was a high end Dynatron with immobiliser installed by an insurance company approved outfit. Seems the turbo timer can be used as a bit of a way around immobilisers... there are people who will get the car one way or another. I'd love to know what kind of alarm you reckon would stop a car from being loaded up on a tow truck!

Edited by Lithium

and in my case the PROFESSIONAL who install my Viper System was the one who knocked the car off.. How do you over come this?? When they obviously pre-plan the theift and obviously done it b4?

Wacky Dee if your so concerned about where you park your car you mayswell not bother having 1! dont take to shops or if u do u mayswell sit in it while your partner/mates going shopping etc or run red lights just incase u pull up to traffic likes in a nice quiet area and some idiot jacks u!

You missed my point entirely ... all I'm saying is you gotta make some sacrifices if you want to own a thief magnet type of car. Just common sense really. As for your case in regards to the alarm installer .. that's just bad luck. I did a lot of research before I chose who installs my alarm system, but yeah if you run into scum like that that's just bad luck.

Lithium ..parking it off the street where a tow truck can't get to it would be a start. I never park mine anywhere on the street unless it can't be helped. Also not living in a shitty part of the city helps because not everyone is pre occupied with how to steal cars or f**k people over in general. Pays to pay a bit more and live in better areas... As for turbo timer, my understanding is that's why better alarms such as Autowatch have those BUILT IN to the alarm/immobiliser, not a separate unit.

smidy, so did you have an immbiliser or not ? where was the car parked ? I highly recommend you think long and hard about what you tell your insurance company ... from some of what I've read I think you might be in for a rude shock.

But on a more serious note, if you live in an area known for car thefts and other petty crimes, don't leave the car parked on the street or a tilttray truck may come and pick it up regardless of immobiliser.

Blame anyone you want, but I'm shopping for a new apartment right now and I've had to skip over a few great places because either 1) they don't have a lockup garage or 2) have a carspace only accessible by anyone I could have saved tons of money and got myself a nice cheap apartment with street/carspace parking but then I'd be here soon whining how someone stole my skyline.

At least you were insured, count yourself lucky.

he did. and its autowatch