SAU Community

Skylines In Karratha

Roundcakes

Hey people, I've just bought a very nice R33 GTS-T, and by god it goes harder then a non turbo! I'm moving to Karratha in a day or two, and I was just curious, how many people drive skylines in Karratha. and whats the car scene like over there?

Thanks guys, and girls!

John, :)

When I was working out at Cape Lambert 40mins from Karratha I used to drive into town, and there were a couple Skylines there, but not many I'm afraid. A good air filter is a must, to keep out the red dust :)

oh no! there is lots of red dust is there? does it hurt black paint? and what sort of troubles would i have with a black car in karratha?

Don't tell me you've never been to Karratha ? It's not as bad as Port Hedland, but still plenty of red dust. Nothing to worry about, but a really good panel filter is a must, stop the dust getting into the engine. Doubt the dust is going to damage the paintwork, but it will be hard to keep it clean.

Only other worries you might have is the car being stolen, as Karratha isn't the safest town in Oz, and black cars will get damn hot in the summer sun.

dont tell me you paid that much for a stock series 1 ($16990)

Its defiantly not stock for one. And i knocked them down to $14500, i thought it was a reasonable price. How can you tell the difference between series 1, 1.5, and 2? Just the front bar? because i also have a gts4 S2 and noticed the only difference was the front bar.

Thanks,

lol, i wrote that after my very first experience driving a turbo skyline...so i was pretty hyped :cool:. It has a 3 inch dump or something, 3 inch turbo back with 4 inch cannon thingo. New computer thing and a tune. turbo timer, bigger turbo (not sure what turbo), front mount intercooler, a bigger electric fuel pump, and a purple BOV lol. Im not sure what elce is done..i guess ill find out when i dyno it

(oh and it has some serious suspension apparently, it drive nice, but ill find out what suspension it has)

But non the less its pretty quick, and produces a sound that tickles my fancy like nothing else....well....close to! :banana:

Edited by Roundcakes

good on ya for being so excited about your new car mate, shes a corka!!

ive seen a couple of Skylines around Karratha and im currently working in Port Hedland and ive seen 1 here driving to and from work ied say, and with a black car your gonna spew if you wanna try keep it clean as in dust free, its just in the air mate not much you can do about it, but atleast all the roads around here are bitumised and in good nick, the only crap thing about having a car like that up here are the cops, they have ZERO tolerance when it comes to hoons, im talking, if you even chirp 2nd they will do ya and you pride n joy will end up in a yard on the corner of the main road with a huge windscreen sign that reads "HOON" hahaha, no shit, ill try get a photo for ya, currently there is a commodore there with it on!!

not to scare ya off bringing a car like that up here but if it breaks expect to pay big dollars to get it sorted at the local mechanics!!

enjoy the Pilbara buddy, you got a month or two before you get 50deg in the shade, i frigin hate summer up here, makes me wanna quit evey time, now i have desk job ahhh!!!

Gonz.

Its defiantly not stock for one. And i knocked them down to $14500, i thought it was a reasonable price. How can you tell the difference between series 1, 1.5, and 2? Just the front bar? because i also have a gts4 S2 and noticed the only difference was the front bar.

Thanks,

sorry, didnt notice a fmic on it and had a stock air box. usually modded first

good on ya for being so excited about your new car mate, shes a corka!!

ive seen a couple of Skylines around Karratha and im currently working in Port Hedland and ive seen 1 here driving to and from work ied say, and with a black car your gonna spew if you wanna try keep it clean as in dust free, its just in the air mate not much you can do about it, but atleast all the roads around here are bitumised and in good nick, the only crap thing about having a car like that up here are the cops, they have ZERO tolerance when it comes to hoons, im talking, if you even chirp 2nd they will do ya and you pride n joy will end up in a yard on the corner of the main road with a huge windscreen sign that reads "HOON" hahaha, no shit, ill try get a photo for ya, currently there is a commodore there with it on!!

not to scare ya off bringing a car like that up here but if it breaks expect to pay big dollars to get it sorted at the local mechanics!!

enjoy the Pilbara buddy, you got a month or two before you get 50deg in the shade, i frigin hate summer up here, makes me wanna quit evey time, now i have desk job ahhh!!!

Gonz.

oh snap haha, thanks for the information mate, Ive been reading about Karratha trying to find out more about the place, but that's probably the best description ive heard yet. Kinda killed my dreams of tearing up 200m of sticky tar, but im sure there must be a plase to go to burn rubber? Pm me, we should organise something some time ;) ;)

And would there be a drag strip, or race track arround there?