SAU Community

Should I Get A Rb25 Or A Rb26?

IM-32-FK

How much power and so on do you want?

If you are looking for a good solid base to make 260-290rwkw from without opening the motor. RB25 is the choice.

If you want to make over 300rwkw, plany to rebuild and so on, the RB26 is the better 'base' to start with.

How much power and so on do you want?

If you are looking for a good solid base to make 260-290rwkw from without opening the motor. RB25 is the choice.

If you want to make over 300rwkw, plany to rebuild and so on, the RB26 is the better 'base' to start with.

dude...i dont have that kind of money to make the skyline a monster. 260-290KW is alright for me. Ill probably go rb25det s2 then. After i get that done, ill throw in a aftermarket turbo of some sorts. I should easily reach 200rwkw...you think?

why a NEO vs a standard RB25 when you're going to mod it anyway? I admit the NEO has much better fuel economy in stock form, but they seem to be more tempermental than the normal RB25, especially when it comes to strange things like spark plugs :S

What do you ultimately want to do with the car?

IMO an RB25DET NEO is better than an RB26DETT for a moderately tuned street car. For a serious track car, RB26 has all the performance parts readily available to make big power.

i plan to make it a quick street tuner, since its my only car. After im done with the engine, i'll probably start working on the forced induction, then the internals. Looks come last...

What do you ultimately want to do with the car?

IMO an RB25DET NEO is better than an RB26DETT for a moderately tuned street car. For a serious track car, RB26 has all the performance parts readily available to make big power.

RB26= ITBs= throttle response. run N1 turbos for an undetectable 300rwkw. RB25 cant have an undetectable 300rwkw turbo :P

RB25 will be fine and if you get bored of it you can always pick up an RB30 bottom end.

So an Rb25 with a 3071/3076, or an RB30 bottom end is going to be EPA legal/cop friendly? an engineered RB26 swap would be... just because your laws arent as tight as ours now, doesnt mean they wont be in future...

So an Rb25 with a 3071/3076, or an RB30 bottom end is going to be EPA legal/cop friendly? an engineered RB26 swap would be... just because your laws arent as tight as ours now, doesnt mean they wont be in future...

I though that depending on the year of the R32 GTST you would be able to get an RB30 block that could be engineered as well as it would be newer or more current.

Also if a car is engineered in the past and the rules change the car is still legal due to the previous certification.

the need for it to be epa legal / cop friendly may also depend on your driving style and choice of location too.

Nissan never made a 25/30 - therefore you cannot have one without emissions testing in some states.

Other states it is basically impossible (vic), to ever have it approved.

A 3ltr conversion, on its own merits, is against ADR's from the start without the above.

Can't you get about 240rwkw out of a 26 with just a bit more boost?

P.S. my 25/30 is legal :yes: and with the new IM240 testing they are trying to implement here, means I should be able to get the high mounted, externally gated GT35R passed too aslong as it passes emissions testing :cool:

GCG hi-flow, 250-260rwkw, standard size.

Problem solved in my book.

Another dumb Q...GCG..Is that a brand or an abbrieviation like OMG

DW..i googled it...Soooo...how much we looking at..$$$$$

Edited by doozooby

GCG hi-flow, 250-260rwkw, standard size.

Problem solved in my book.

True, I had sort of forgotten about highflows as my current car has a HKS lowmount :D

Another dumb Q...GCG..Is that a brand or an abbrieviation like OMG

DW..i googled it...Soooo...how much we looking at..$$$$$

http://www.gcg.com.au/

True, I had sort of forgotten about highflows as my current car has a HKS lowmount :blush:

http://www.gcg.com.au/

sorry too keep going on rb25 head/rb30 short block no need for rb26 head($3000) rb25 head 450-500$ flow and diemensions very similar. rb 26 valve covers fit easy. rb 30 bottom 25 head ITS turbo = fun .just done one 657hp 21psi kind of wish i didnt very hard to drive but fun. dont be harsh im new here. if you were that way inclined! >_<