SAU Community

R34 GTR body kit for GT-T

justinfox

Hi peeps.

I am still in the market for a new car. I've been spoilt with my Alfa147. I have been looking at a few Euro cars but I am still considering an R34 GT-T.

I love the front face/bar of the GTR. It looks so mean. Is there any way I could convert the front of a GT-T to the same or similar look of the GTR?

Any help appreciated (even if it was original parts from Japan... I am happy to pay up to $5k for it.

i've looked heaps into this. I've been told u need to obatin:

GTR head lights,

Guards

Front bar.

GTR Bonnet

Now, i've had conflicting stories about the head lights, but nark swears they are diff to a GT-T. I haven't seen 2 close together to compare. Some ppl also say that u don't need to change the guards either. Franks, didn't u know someone doing this?

I've also wonder if someone could make a mould of a GTR front bar and then possible just tweak it a little on the sides to fit a GT-T, that could be an option as well, a bit of a custom job. 'ylwgtr' offered to make a mould for me, but i'm not sure if his car is in the best of condition at the moment...

With the bonnet, i'm not sure if u can just cut the little front/middle lip off the GT-T one, so i'm not sure if the GTR bonnet is essential.

I totally agree with u about the mean look, the R34 GTR front has to be one of the best designs i've seen IMO. I want to do the exact same thing as urself, change a GT-T into GTR. I reckon u could do it easy for $5K if u wanna spend that much, i don't think it will be a problem at all.

cheers

Guest RedLineGTR

i say a genuine r34 gtr looks so much fatter than a r34 gtt and there are so many aftermarket r34 gtt bodykits that u find in my opinion looks better than the gtr kit. BUt in the end a gtr is a gtr.

SS8: Hmm. Cheers for the info. I'm quite surprised no one has done it yet. It musn't be so easy.

RedLineGTR: These kits your are reffering to, for the GT-T. Which ones are they? For a car which is so popular I am actually amazed at how few kits there are for the GT-T (say, in comparsson to a Honda civic for example).

I agree that a GT-T is a GT-T. It's not as pumped up as the GTR. And I can't seem to find anyone making a widebody like kit for the GT-T.

IMO there is no point to spend all those $ to make a GT-T or GTS-T to look like a GT-R. But everyone got their own taste to this, or unless the car was already like that when you bought it.

However if you really want a GT-R, why not save the money in the first place of all those body kits, custom guards, bonnet, etc, wait a bit while and buy a real GT-R?

The front fenders are necessary to ensure the bumper lines up properly. It can be done without changing to GTR fenders (so I've been told) but it doesn't look as "good". There is at least one company making wide arch kits for the GTT (rear arches only) but I don't have a link to their website (don't even know if they have one).

IMHO, a GTT is a damned good car and does not need to masquerade as GTR... :)

Guys could you tell me where i can source a GTR front headlights and front bar from melb ( for a friend )

also... i heard that GT-T bonnets and GTR bonnets are the same?

also .. how much is the front bar and lights approx?

-bnr34 and er34 bonnets are definately not the same!

-fyi, a genuine series3 R33 gtr front bar from Nissan Australia costs $800 unpainted - i can't see how a bnr34 front bar could be that much different?

-i heard 1 x headlight assembly for an er34 was AUD$2500.00 i guess it costs so much because it comes with the xenon equipment aswell?

demon dave, id like to know where you got that information from? ie. the guards not lining up correctly with the bnr34 front bar? im curious because the idea of changing to a bnr34 front did cross my mind and the only thing i believed that needed to be changed was the bonnet and front bar. the front bar and grille of a bnr34 are one piece from what i can see.

i also agree with the rest of you that the gtt has certain original traits which, with some help of a lip or aftermarket front bar, transforms the car...but at the end of the day its fibreglass! and fibreglass SUX!!!

you can't beat the original plastic in terms of rigidity. the other thing is, these aftermarket bars and lips usually sit too low for australian roads - given they've been made for jdm er34's...

check the victorian section for gtt body kits, theres a whole thread on this very topic in there somewhere....

I was told this by a Japanese friend of mine - he was planning to do a similar mod to his (then) GTT. He told me that to do the conversion seemlessly you'd need the front fenders from a GTR also. But he was talking about doing a full conversion - rear fenders and all.

Having said that, a lot of other people (yourselves included :P ) have said that the front fenders aren't necessary. That's probably the case since it's even possible to fit a GTR front bumer onto a Primera without using GTR fenders...have a look at Skymera

:)

Skyline imports up here in Queensland got a GTT and fitted GTR guard front and rear, front bar and a vented fiberglass bonnet. Looked pretty nice, I still see it all the time driveing down the Hwy. It was fetured in a early HPI mag can't remember which one. Can't be cheap to do though, the pricetage on the car was pretty outrageous.