SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Picked up boot lid yesterday from a mates place who gave it a quick lick of black. At this stage im not sure weahter to keep it black or wrap in in CF vinyl like last time. I think as this stage ill leave it black and get all the holes for spoiler drilled in and then decide what to do.

fc127806065b1009f627473b7edf9f46_zps891d

20141029_210208_zps3lzqipgy.jpg

Also picked up a new catch can setup that arrived yesterday. Its a 2L tank, think it may be too big to fit in the bay with that sized breather on top

20141029_210216_zpsnuimvej6.jpg

hey man love the build good to see you get it going again think ive read through your thread twice since ive been on SAU. go Purple. i have a thing for purple. but i think your purple in your bay will look better than mine :).

Thanks Mathew, at this stage the covers will go blue as my mate has some of it lying around. Definitely will go a deep purple in the future.

All build threads start somewhere. I've owned this car for over 6 years and i've really only started pushing the limits in the last 2. Your car is a great base to start with and looks tidy!

Quickly threw the bootlid on tonight to see what it looked like. Terrible phone quality.

20141030_195138_zpsn9lhikd3.jpg

20141030_195153_zpsmhesuso0.jpg

There's a newish CF vinyl which you can find on ebay called 'Carbon Fiber 4D' and it looks fairly legit compared to the old textured CF vinyl. I bought a sample and was quite impressed.

There's a newish CF vinyl which you can find on ebay called 'Carbon Fiber 4D' and it looks fairly legit compared to the old textured CF vinyl. I bought a sample and was quite impressed.

I might have to have a look at this. See how it looks when the spoilers finished and on then take it from there

Played around with the car a little bit today. Ripped out all the air con gear along with some other unwanted engine bay items.

Ive also stated the long process of degreasing the engine bay. One thing i have noticed is this will take a long time!

Air Con out. Didnt have a large enough spanner to get this out so it was a good excuse to buy an over the top spanner collection. 8mm-32mm should do it.

20141105_104047_zps74jc5dor.jpg

20141105_104259_zpsvxlpmbnp.jpg

Here is a picture of the one area i cleaned today. Still a bit here to get rid of

20141105_114200_zpsis0umdal.jpg

Also here is a photo or the top of the firewall, jsut to show you a before and after with the degreaser

20141105_114658_zpsaxtf6ois.jpg

No offence but i hope you got the air conditioning gas removed professionally or removed by your self the proper way and didnt just let it out into Atmos

When I was restoring my GTR I didn't do that and all dat gas blew up everywhere

Got a little fright but managed to clean up all that green hew crap after lol

#dontf**kmyozone

Looking good Scottie

I don't mind the boot with no spoiler. Keen to see it when it's finished though. Rocker covers look mad.

I ran the no spoiler look for a long time till i got the drag wing. Once you see a 33 with the flush bootlid its hard to see it with only the stock one and still like it

#dontf**kmyozone

Looking good Scottie

Thanks Ants. coming along slowly. the tough side is still yet to come. There is a lot more shit on the other side of the engine bay to work around. Baby steps

I ran the no spoiler look for a long time till i got the drag wing. Once you see a 33 with the flush bootlid its hard to see it with only the stock one and still like it

Thanks Ants. coming along slowly. the tough side is still yet to come. There is a lot more shit on the other side of the engine bay to work around. Baby steps

yeah that takes a real long time.

Make sure you apply a sealant like some turtle wax after to keep that engine a bit cleaner longer

yeah that takes a real long time.

Make sure you apply a sealant like some turtle wax after to keep that engine a bit cleaner longer

Good idea, didnt think of that.

#dontf**kmyozone

Looking good Scottie

haha oh well lets just hope it was some minus 30 shit and not r134a :P