SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

POWERPLAY: The morning began with a 2am phone alarm [1.5hrs sleep total] Had to do a few minor things to the car before I had to leave. I was driving the car down to Queensland Raceway and it still didnt have the front bar on. I cut some of the bar up to fit the new big intercooler, however didnt guess enough when it came to the piping and it fouled big time. With some creative Zip Tie usage I was able to get it on there well enough for the drive down there and then once there I could just drive without it or look at getting it on there better.

We arrived at QR at 4:50am and orientation/car inspection started at 6am. we were surprised to see we were one on the first 25 cars there so we got into the line super quick and waited till 6am and got the process extremely quick and were at the track come 6:30am, by far a record time in my history. Let the racing begin!!!

IMAG0610_zps6qocge5k.jpg

We & 3 mates split a garage which got us all pit passes, so we were able to get out onto the track as often as we liked during the cruise sessions. First cruise session was at 8am so we had some time to kill. This was spent setting up the garage with all of our gear, electronics and so forth. I bought the MT streets even though the car was down on power as i really wanted to test them out and see how they went.

Jumped into the first cruise session with just the normal street tyres [265/35/18] to see how they would go as if they were good enough i wasn't going to bother with the MT's. After the first straight I realised they were not going to do at all. I gave them a total of 3 laps before i came in & threw the MT's on.

This was the first time I got to test out the car since getting it back. For the power and boost I was running the car really surprised me, it was more responsive than before and still baked 2nd with ease and also a lot of 3rd. 450hp with the 25/30 definitely felt and ran a lot better than my old rb25 making 450hp which also ran 8 more psi. The torque from the 3 litre really made it a strong 450hp car. It was however still a bit slower than what my car was running previous at 588hp

Anyway time for the MT's Streets!!

I didnt bother letting any air pressure out of them. After the first new hits with these on and getting some warmth into them they preformed perfectly. I cant talk these up enough, it soon became impossible to bake in 2nd let alone 3rd. Each run with these on was 100% grip, the only time I spun the tyres without clutch kicking it was when I had a run from 1st gear at about 5kmph. These stayed on for the rest of the day till i changed back to my road tyres for the drive home.

Here is a few photos that i found of my car on the day. I will have some video up in the coming days also, but i didnt really use the camera much

IMG_23647000932360_zpsdykkdfwf.jpeg

IMG_23693946087246_zps16qt3y0l.jpeg

Here is also a picture of my new fuel system install

IMAG0609_zpsceuiirp5.jpg

Closest race of the day went to a Cobra. Doors to Doors the whole straight

IMAG0612_zpspbwwn4ri.jpg

Once it's stretched the bolts thats it

hence taking f**k all boost

New head studs time

Initial plan may be to bore out the head and block and go half inch studs

Oh man, that cobra looks tits!

I can recognise some cars there in the background tuned by Sean.

Glad those MT worked (course they would).

Now to fix them head bolts and play with 630hp

OMG! That 630hp power curve is off its rails.

You are going to shit your pants when that head is re-torqued correctly.

Will you have to get the car retuned once head re-torqued or had Sean said it's all good?

• 1 month later...

SO been a long time since I've updated this thread and to be honest nothing has happened since. Car is currently sitting in the garage waiting for me to save some coin to fix the head lift problem. Probably still a few months away from getting that sorted as other priorities in life have ppopped up for now. But I WILL be fixing this...

Smallest of updates. Cleaned the rear bar and fitted new pods on, definitely a lot better than the old ones and fit properly

Old

IMG_23647000932360_zpsdykkdfwf.jpeg

New

IMG_20140708_154358_zpsymgexjgx.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Smoked my side indicators last night. still a bit wet so will be lighter once dried.. Should look good when back on the car

Indicators1-1.jpg

Why oh why would you want to people stop looking at indicators....oh wait! They don't anyway! Nevermind ;)

Loving the thread...up to page 15! Love how the car has progressed through the thread. Amazing work and patience on your part!

Now back to page 15!

Mark

Now sadly the journey has halted...for the time being!...I got to page 20 :(

Love the car! I got scared of the cost of going to the next level of upgrades, but now you have re-lit that fire!

Is it wrong I love and hate your thread at the same time? My car loves you, my wallet wants you sent to a rendition site in Somalia! ;)

Now sadly the journey has halted...for the time being!...I got to page 20 :(

Love the car! I got scared of the cost of going to the next level of upgrades, but now you have re-lit that fire!

Is it wrong I love and hate your thread at the same time? My car loves you, my wallet wants you sent to a rendition site in Somalia! ;)

Thanks mate! Glad you're enjoying it. Just killing time at the moment to save up some $$ to get it going well again