SAU Community

Scr48 First + Only!

Long time no update. Really not much at all has gone on with this build since my last issues whilst tuning it. Ive just pretty much been driving it occasionally and enjoying it for a while till i save up some $$ to restore it to its former glory.. I have changed a few things looks wise and added some things here and there.

Went out racing, had fun chopped mates, got chopped. It was all fun

123_zps147caaee.jpg

Ended up picking up some harness's for that racing/F&F spec look. Defect or not I like the look of them at the moment and think that with going black they dont stand out as much as Green Takata's etc

20140716_142217_zps49djnaf9.jpg

20140718_152126_zpscowlsvvd.jpg

Bought some engine lube that you add to the fuel too. Candy scent was a bonus. Smell reminds me of Powercruise

IMG_20140822_060305_zpszufbt6ip.jpg

Went on a cruise with the SAU QLD guys last weekend, which included a nice mountain run & a BBQ lunch. Few pictures from the day, a nice collection of cars, even a Leopard made an appearance. Drag wing was a point of conversation as always.

e449bda4b9532c240be5aca440f6e722_zpsdb9f

20140824_120530_zpsn1avgoxo.jpg

39cbc98f51a105a4814c2d0f5798ba36_zps496a

68bbfefe2abb660e70733a437725ae16_zpsf74a

2649f97aabfc4d697349817654c4c144_zps0390

Thanks again to the SAU QLD guys for organising the day and getting some happy snaps of the Skyline.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BUILD THREAD REVIVAL!

Its safe to say this thread has gone to shit and has dried up as quickly as the dispensable income it eats! After many months of having whats essentially a broken car, I finally decided to get stuck into fixing it.

Ive got a mate who is good at pulling out and putting engines in which was handy, personally not something I've ever done before so it was a good learning curve and was good to watch/help someone who knew exactly what they were doing

First off I cleared out some room in the shed to work

20141020_122148_zpsai3j6gxw.jpg

next step was bonnet off to get in there better

20141020_141721_zpsb3rclojy.jpg

Then we got stuck in and stated pulling everything off and unscrewing it all

20141020_161322_zpshpyrhx0f.jpg

Was to borrow a crane from a mate who at the vital time disappeared off the face of the earth. SO we had to stop for the day, source a new crane and attack it again the next day.

Back at it yesterday and got the donk out and started stripping it back to bare long motor for transport to engine builders

http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/scotty6588/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141021_132921_zpssopluxkx.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Loaded it up in the ute and strapped it in and away I went

20141021_155638_zpshxamwoaz.jpg

Despite the great lean the motor has in the above picture, motor was actually quite secure and didnt budge at all for the drive. Whilst the motor is out it will give me a good chance to attack the engine bay and get rid of some unneeded items and also do a general clean and tidy up.

20141021_132915_zpsisgi4gxb.jpg

Awesome stuff Scottie.

How in the world did you get the engine out without the Gbox?

Good job

Unbolted the box while it was all in the car. then used a jack to hold up the gearbox.

Great to see this build still kicking along. Sorry if I missed it - what are the plans for the motor while at the engine builders?

First up they're going to strip it down and inspect it to see whats needed.

Main issues are Head Lifting & Blowing a lot of smoke

So Im pretty much just waiting to hear back from them about it really. I have a feeling it may be stem seals after talking to a fair few people and also got some oil build up in one of the chambers on the hot side. Also i will be getting rb26 studs thrown in so will have to get the head and block bored out to suit. Hopefully they call this week.

This thread is a pretty awesome read, the car looks nuts!

Thanks Neville! Im just happy that I've finally begun resurrecting this thing. My love for this car has definitely been low since it broke back in April/May

• Like 1

Been a pretty quiet week on the car front. Have been too busy with other stuff to make any real progress on it. I did manage on Monday to pop down to PLR to check out how the motor strip is going. It was good to have a chance to look inside it whilst everything was apart. Initial reactions from the builders is there isnt anything jumping out at them that would be causing the smoke issue. We did ascertain however that one of the rivets in the gasket wasnt sitting flush or drilled out. Due to this the gasket never sealed properly and would be the cause of the head lift. there has been a mark on both the block and head due to this.

It was also found that the car was still running on the standard oil pump and no crank collar done. Makes me wonder how i didnt blow it up.

In regards to purchases. I picked up some RB26 covers to go on the car. Always wanted a set and never really found some for the right price. Covers need some paint but thats about it.

20141027_120506_zps3l8ttvmp.jpg

I think I will paint the covers a nice blue. I was originally going to go red, however my painter mate has some left over blue so thats a cheap alternative for now. Probably something similar to this

20141026_115839_zps3h9jt5jf.jpg

Though I do like this purple

20141026_120300_zpslexpa8do.jpg

I also attended a local happy laps event on Saturday is my mates leb spec VL. Fresh rebuilt, interior & paint. Was a top morning and there was plenty of Zzzztutututututu to be had.

20141025_100147_zpsyuclimls.jpg

Over the week or so I've also offloaded my drag wing. As much as I love this thing, I think its time for a change. Change is as good as a holiday they say.

Drag wing in all its glory

2649f97aabfc4d697349817654c4c144_zps0390

I've now started prep on a new bootlid and spoiler combo. It seems GT Wings are coming back and I feel like jumping on the rice wagon. Plans are to have it made so i have the option to take it off when i dont feel link running it etc.

Here is the bootld i picked up for $30, quite a steal. It was shaved but had a few pant cracks in it. Ended up sanding it back and noticed its got about 4 layers of paint and primer on it.

20141028_105830_zps4bjn0e6b.jpg

Also popped in to see Noel who sourced me a spoiler for my needs. Carbon Fibre for all the coolness. Im looking at making larger stands for it to sit higher, along with some customer end wing blades to give it a bigger look. All in all for a second hand CF wing its in really good nick and was well priced.

received_10152411075512321_zps80cppaui.j

20141016_150819_zpsn7rdxdqd.jpg

Also Spoiler Selfie Time!

IMG_20141017_082543_zpsfscxd2si.jpg

Love the grin Scottie.

Sounds pretty busy to me.

That head not been sealed properly #Iwouldbemad

Standard oil pump??? You are indeed lucky there unless billet gear in there

That GT wing looks tits

Noel seems to have lots of nice things

Love the grin Scottie.

Sounds pretty busy to me.

That head not been sealed properly #Iwouldbemad

Standard oil pump??? You are indeed lucky there unless billet gear in there

That GT wing looks tits

Noel seems to have lots of nice things

Noel is awesome. If he doesnt have the part he generally knows someone who does. I mentioned to him that i was chasing a GT wing. Within 3 days he had sourced me one and I was at his place collecting it. Words cant describe how much of a good bloke he is.

No billet gears in the pump for me either. Just seems like ive gotten away with one for now. Time will tell

Also the purple can covers are my pick

the purple does look good