SAU Community

10k Service

Hi All,

Had my 10k service done yesterday........... the guys at Von Bibra (Gold Coast) were excellent, had a good chat to me before and after they serviced the car. Total cost was $570 which i thought was OK.....

Phil (my service guy) did tell me that my front tires were shot (inside edge) and my backs were almost down the the legal makers as well as the inside edge was gone (I have done 1 track day). Overall I was very happy with the level of service and will continue to drive the 2 hours each way for my next service

Cheers

Mark

Rather than start a new thread I will highjack yours Mark...sorry.

I had my 10k service done yesterday, I had it done a couple of thousand Km's early because I wanted to get them to change out the transmission fluid and diff fluid.

Here is the long and the short with a breakdown of costs:

Total Service $499.50.

They replaced the standard trans and diff oil for me with Willall oils. $94.00

10,000km service labour $94.00

Engine Oil 6L $112.05

Here is the killer Replacement bolts for undertray $115.00 (Because I asked for the diff and trans oils to be done they had to drop the tray off and hence Nissan policy of replacing all Bolts.

Overall the $500 for the service is quite good, MacArthur Nissan at Campbelltown even picked my car up and dropped it back in the afternoon.

Very happy with the service.

So the result of the service is as follows:

Willall Trand and Diff fliuds are awesome, after a number of track days and this car as my everyday driver I know how it used to be, I know when it would clunck etc. Now it is perfect, smooth changes, no clunking. People have said this before but I will reiterate, get these oils and even if you car is only got 500km on it, replace the oils with the Willall stuff.

The service also had a down side, my brake pads are shot, the bonding of the pad to the plate is breaking down, there are cracks in the pad and they need replacing. According to Nissan's policy I should also replace the disks, this is after 8,000km.

Anyhow I have new pads coming today and will have them fitted next week. Nissan claims that the track work with excessive heat has caused this, I call BS but gives me an excuse to buy the new pads.

Tyres are also fairly well shot, I will get them replaced next week with the Dunlops.

So there you go, summary of ownership costs after 8,000km are:

Willall Fluids $1,000.00

Nissan Service $500.00

Brake Pads $478.00

Tyres $2,600.00

Total: $4,578.00

(Excludes Track adjustments and Mid pipe)

Thought others might find this useful when working out their servicing costs.

Rather than start a new thread I will highjack yours Mark...sorry.

I had my 10k service done yesterday, I had it done a couple of thousand Km's early because I wanted to get them to change out the transmission fluid and diff fluid.

Here is the long and the short with a breakdown of costs:

Total Service $499.50.

They replaced the standard trans and diff oil for me with Willall oils. $94.00

10,000km service labour $94.00

Engine Oil 6L $112.05

Here is the killer Replacement bolts for undertray $115.00 (Because I asked for the diff and trans oils to be done they had to drop the tray off and hence Nissan policy of replacing all Bolts.

Overall the $500 for the service is quite good, MacArthur Nissan at Campbelltown even picked my car up and dropped it back in the afternoon.

Very happy with the service.

So the result of the service is as follows:

Willall Trand and Diff fliuds are awesome, after a number of track days and this car as my everyday driver I know how it used to be, I know when it would clunck etc. Now it is perfect, smooth changes, no clunking. People have said this before but I will reiterate, get these oils and even if you car is only got 500km on it, replace the oils with the Willall stuff.

The service also had a down side, my brake pads are shot, the bonding of the pad to the plate is breaking down, there are cracks in the pad and they need replacing. According to Nissan's policy I should also replace the disks, this is after 8,000km.

Anyhow I have new pads coming today and will have them fitted next week. Nissan claims that the track work with excessive heat has caused this, I call BS but gives me an excuse to buy the new pads.

Tyres are also fairly well shot, I will get them replaced next week with the Dunlops.

So there you go, summary of ownership costs after 8,000km are:

Willall Fluids $1,000.00

Nissan Service $500.00

Brake Pads $478.00

Tyres $2,600.00

Total: $4,578.00

(Excludes Track adjustments and Mid pipe)

Thought others might find this useful when working out their servicing costs.

No problems did the quote for your tires come from the dealer.......... the boys at Von Bibra quoted me (Dunlops) about 900 each for the rears and high 7 low 8's for the fronts

Cheers

Mark

Gibbo did the guys at Nissan say there were any warranty implications about you not using their transmission fluid and diff oils?

I mentioned that I would be switching to Willall's fluids and while they were happy to put it in...............they said that i would breach my warranty as I was not using what Nissan specified

I went through the oils issue with the service manager when he picked my car up. They said there would be no service issue as long as the oils performed as claimed.

There was no hesitation on my request to use my supplied oils and no mention of voided warranties if I went ahead with it.

I gave the manager all the detail links and he was happy with what he saw.

That being said the story may change if something fails.

I went through the oils issue with the service manager when he picked my car up. They said there would be no service issue as long as the oils performed as claimed.

There was no hesitation on my request to use my supplied oils and no mention of voided warranties if I went ahead with it.

I gave the manager all the detail links and he was happy with what he saw.

That being said the story may change if something fails.

It's not the dealer who makes the call if it's warranty or not, that's up to Nissan.